Lawler gets higher ranked opponent than Askren.

Kneeuinthenutz

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
What say you?

I personally think this speaks volumes of the type of "sport" the UFC is running., and the type of childish vindictive ckunt Dana White is......And I say that as someone who thinks Lawler got totally screwed and there should be a rematch against Askren.

discuss.

Were you the guy with the Hunt avatar forever?

No surprise there really. Entertainment first, Sport second as always.

Askren wanted the Jorge fight. Woodley is trying to get the WW belt back, so Askren is probably waiting for Woodley to move on or fail at reclaiming his belt.

Askren could've fought Woodley, but he'd turn down the fight, so...

Regardless...Askren and Lawler will meet again if they both win.
I think in life when you don't get what you want, you have to keep a positive attitude and the stars will align one day.

Bad match making

Rda v Woodley would of been a great main for a ufn — two veterans fairly evenly matched towards end of there careers never fought

Lawler v masivdal would be a war two extremely durable vets

Give askren pozi

As of right now Woodley is a much more winnable fight than Askren. The man is 37 and got decimated in his last fight, its a great time to take advantage and beat him. And a win over T Wood would boost Lawler’s stock tremendously. Its a great fight for Woodley as well...

Maybe its just a shaft to ben for pussing out in the rematch.

Askren would never fight Woodley
Askren called Masvidal out

Nothing wrong this time.
Matchmaking usually isn't right for the sport, I agree.

Askren said from the 235 post fight presser he wanted the Till Masvidal winner. He also said he didn't hesitate to take the Lawler fight the first time even though he didn't want it, I see no reason to not believe him. Askren won fair and square, whether you think Robbie was never out or not, the fact is he was stuck & was not getting out of that choke, & his arm did go limp which is what prompted Dean to check his arm. Askren did what he was told, & got the stoppage after a amazing comeback, he wants to inch closer to the title, and before his buddy lost that title the Till/Masvidal winner was the way to go. I don't see the shaft here, & I'm a fan of both Robbie & Ben.

because askren wanted winner of till/masvidal
lol

Askren refused to do a Lawler rematch.

Askren asked to fight the winner of Till/Masvidal.

Askren refuses to fight Woodley.

Askren got everything he asked for.

Bad match making

Rda v Woodley would of been a great main for a ufn — two veterans fairly evenly matched towards end of there careers never fought

Lawler v masivdal would be a war two extremely durable vets

Give askren pozi

RDA is fighting Kevin Lee May 18.

If Askren gets by Jorge, which I'm guessing he will, he should fight Maia next.

Doesn’t matter, Robbie still lost to bulldog choke.

Back