Lawler gets higher ranked opponent than Askren.

What say you?

I personally think this speaks volumes of the type of "sport" the UFC is running., and the type of childish vindictive ckunt Dana White is......And I say that as someone who thinks Lawler got totally screwed and there should be a rematch against Askren.

discuss.
You've been here too long to post something so silly. As a long time fan you should know that momentum is just as important, if not more important than rankings. Especially considering that rankings, even official ones are always debatable.

Popularity is more important than almost anything.

A blood choke can be done over the jaw with a good enough squeeze a bunch of blackbelts have said the same.

Can you mention a fight where it is generally recognised that a fighter lost consciousness from having his jaw squeezed?

WTF a punch? Did you watch this fight? Lawler was grabbing Askren's head, then his arm falls limp to the ground and bounces. There is no punch in that position.

It's certainly not a good position to punch from; it's hard to put much power into it, since it is basically only the shoulder behind it. However, that is very different from saying it's impossible: if it is possible to grab a head from a given position, it's possible to punch it as well.

If gravity is controlling a limb that person is not conscious, people don't just let their limbs free fall.

This claim is easily refuted by fighters who throw more than one kick; it's gravity that brings their limbs down after each one. Of course, it is also possible to lower an arm or leg in a controlled fashion after striking, but I don't see the point of doing so. It requires more energy, which they are going to need for their fight.

Last edited:
I'm fine with, they both put up a great performance.

The first fight was very short, it's an interesting match up, Lawler looked much better physically last fight when people were writing him off while Woodley looked much worse in his last fight. Woodley needs a winning streak to get a title shot as does Lawler and I think a lot of people would like to see a longer fight between the two. Makes a lot of sense to me.

You make plenty of fair points but for me selfishly I'd rather them both get a win in their next fight.

What say you?

I personally think this speaks volumes of the type of "sport" the UFC is running., and the type of childish vindictive ckunt Dana White is......And I say that as someone who thinks Lawler got totally screwed and there should be a rematch against Askren.

discuss.
Askren dont want a redo of that ass whooping. Oh my bud he put robbie to sleep while he was giving the thumbs up. Oh nvm thats inaccurate cuz he went out and came to, to put the thumbs up when herb Dean lifted his hand.

I keep forgetting that Usman is WW champ. Lol, I thought Lawler had been given the title shot.

Askren dont want a redo of that ass whooping. Oh my bud he put robbie to sleep while he was giving the thumbs up. Oh nvm thats inaccurate cuz he went out and came to, to put the thumbs up when herb Dean lifted his hand.
3,200 posts 600 likes.. it all makes sense now. ben shrugged off lawlers best shots then smothered him with ease.

3,200 posts 600 likes.. it all makes sense now. ben shrugged off lawlers best shots then smothered him with ease.
Askren looked like a dead body after he got slammed and pounded on. He is terrified of the robbie rematch. Glad you notice my post count and likes..........it makes sense, I dont give a fuck about likes or your retarded opinion.

The rankings are irrelevant. Askren is getting the fight that he asked for. Plus, it's a more meaningful fight given the fact that Masvidal is coming off of a big win and that the UFC isn't going to put Woodley back into a title fight unless than have no other options.

Back