Lawler gets higher ranked opponent than Askren.

Askren didn't want to fight Robbie again and he won't fight Woodley.

Its really that simple.

Bad match making

Rda v Woodley would of been a great main for a ufn — two veterans fairly evenly matched towards end of there careers never fought

Lawler v masivdal would be a war two extremely durable vets

Give askren pozi

RDA is already booked though

I'd watch Lawler beat up bambi or Jesus Christ I don't give a fuck. UFC should pay him whatever, impossible for him to have a boring fight.

Askren won fair and square, whether you think Robbie was never out or not, the fact is he was stuck & was not getting out of that choke

That's not losing fair and square; what you are describing doesn't fall under even an expansive view of what a submission is. The fight ends by submission when a fighter taps or goes out. That's it.

That's not losing fair and square; what you are describing doesn't fall under even an expansive view of what a submission is. The fight ends by submission when a fighter taps or goes out. That's it.
He did go out to most people's view with the arm going limp. And like I said even if he didn't & Dean doesn't stop it when he does, it was getting stopped soon as Robbie was not getting out of that choke.

Rankings mean little and anyone with a brain knows that Lawler stoppage was BS.

Not just that but Lawler is a former champion while Askren is a one dimensional newcomer who got mauled right up until a referee gift win.

Askren wanted the Jorge fight. Woodley is trying to get the WW belt back, so Askren is probably waiting for Woodley to move on or fail at reclaiming his belt.
the world we live in today, surprised TS didn't throw in a "im never buying a UFC PPV again" for good measure

accuse, attack, boycott
#metoo

And like I said even if he didn't & Dean doesn't stop it when he does, it was getting stopped soon as Robbie was not getting out of that choke.

It looks like I didn't make my point clearly: predictions don't count. Any of us can think of fights where a fighter looked like a goner, then turned things around and won. I can match your prediction with my own: there is no way Askren could hold his choke very long in his weakened state. Both predictions are beside the point.

It looks like I didn't make my point clearly: predictions don't count. Any of us can think of fights where a fighter looked like a goner, then turned things around and won. I can match your prediction with my own: there is no way Askren could hold his choke very long in his weakened state. Both predictions are beside the point.
By this logic there is never a correct time to stop a fight because anyone can just wake back up/turn things around. How many times have we seen someone get their lights turned out, the ref stops the fight & at the exact moment the fighter springs back to life protesting the stoppage. Hell this is not the first time Robbie has been suddenly put out, then complain within a second of the fight being stopped in the UFC. He did the same thing when Nick Diaz flash KO'ed him. By your logic that was a bad stoppage to because Lawler can flash in and out of conscience so quickly. Askren having that position was never going to let him go if the ref didn't stop it. Robbie only has himself to blame for letting his arm drop suddenly limp like that, who the fuck does that if they are still awake.

What say you?

I personally think this speaks volumes of the type of "sport" the UFC is running., and the type of childish vindictive ckunt Dana White is......And I say that as someone who thinks Lawler got totally screwed and there should be a rematch against Askren.

discuss.

Doesn't really mean much because Ben is getting a fighter coming of a high profile while Robbie is getting Woodley coming off a loss. In the end if both Robbie and Ben win then Ben will still be ahead cause he'll be 2-0 with two big wins.

Lawler did go out, his arm dropped like a rock.

ben should fight woodley......

derp......

I'm pretty sure Ben and Tyron have known each other and been friends since Ben was 17 years old. This is long before either of them even thought about MMA. They aren't fighting each other. Neither are fighting Pettis either.
If Tyron wins the WW title by some miracle of UFC actually giving him another shot then I think Ben has options at trying out 185. Or maybe it's Tyron who ends up trying out 185.

You're right, Askren should be fighting Woodley instead of the guy he asked to fight.

<36>

By this logic there is never a correct time to stop a fight because anyone can just wake back up/turn things around.

You're attacking a straw man--I clearly said that tapping and going out qualify for a submission loss.

Robbie only has himself to blame for letting his arm drop suddenly limp like that, who the fuck does that if they are still awake.

Who the fuck gives a thumbs up when he's unconscious, regardless of how his arm is positioned?

Askren could've fought Woodley, but he'd turn down the fight, so...
They're friends they wont fight. Are you new to MMA sometimes friends dont fight eachother some do but not all.

You're attacking a straw man--I clearly said that tapping and going out qualify for a submission loss.

Who the fuck gives a thumbs up when he's unconscious, regardless of how his arm is positioned?
He went out, Dean woke him up when he checked his arm the thumbs up didn't happen until after he had already been out. This is not hard to understand.

Back