Lawler 15-3 at ww

+1 to the see a doctor guy. The fight was 11 years ago, and up until the flash ko, he was dominating the stand up exchanges. When Robbie was younger his stand up was wild. His striking is x1000 times better now than it was then.

Nick rocked him about three times before that, you never saw that fight.

he seemed to give up a lot in Strikeforce fights

Yes he did. He really did not look great in Strikeforce. I am surprised at how much better he has performed since returning to the UFC. I don't think he has actually improved all that much skill wise, I think it's more of a case of him getting his priorities straight and being motivated to win in the cage.

Yes he did. He really did not look great in Strikeforce. I am surprised at how much better he has performed since returning to the UFC. I don't think he has actually improved all that much skill wise, I think it's more of a case of him getting his priorities straight and being motivated to win in the cage.

Yes i agree with what you're saying here , i don't think he improved a great deal skill wise just mentally , that and he is in his proper weight class , do you think he would have won more gold as a ww over the years or even the ufc title sooner ?

i'm glad he came back ww cause when he was at mw he got in to cruise control mode and lost fights he should have won

Really considering a decent size wager on lawler against condit. Lawler is only a slight fav at -145. Really good bet IMO

But i wonder if he is better or if the mw divison was just not right for him he was 8-2 before he went to mw then goes 11-7-1 at mw then drops back down to ww and goes 7-1 so my question is if he never went to mw how would he have down at ww ? i mean just lookat the difference in his record it is obvious that he is a better ww .

so would he have been champion earlier maybe even beat gsp what do you think sherdog?

Doubt he beats gsp, his biggest problem is wrestlers and his wrestling defence was even worse back then.and gsp was the best in the division, but you can never count out Robbie he throws bombs.

Doubt he beats gsp, his biggest problem is wrestlers and his wrestling defence was even worse back then.and gsp was the best in the division, but you can never count out Robbie he throws bombs.

I disagree, he has upped his game a bit at WW but I think a major difference as well is that the standard of striking and submissions he's facing is lower than it was at MW.

LOL at people trashing out The best WW in the world&most exciting champion by a huge margin.
So what if Diaz beat him up at MW ? Lawler would totally DESTROY Diaz in a rematch IMO.

LOL at people trashing out The best WW in the world&most exciting champion by a huge margin.
So what if Diaz beat him up at MW ? Lawler would totally DESTROY Diaz in a rematch IMO.

Diaz beat him at ww and i agree lawler takes the rematch

Completely wrong.

Well what was the reason then? Like I said, I wasn't sure but for some reason that rings a bell. May have read it here on SD or another site but it was a real long time ago

Back