Lawler 15-3 at ww

I think the only fight Lawler really legitly made me mad was the Evan Tanner fight. TANNER IMO WAS A BEAST and I miss the guy fighting, but Robbie tapped to that triangle like it was practice, never even made an attempt to get out of the hold. But I love the guy, Robbie is my fighter!!

Yeah i had a few fight where i got frustrated with him because when he is on he is awesome , but at mw he seemed less able to go as hard as ww would you agree ?

He moved to mw before strikefore at ufc 50 vs evan tanner . He used to piss me of at mw becuse he would almost act tired and disinterested and not throw as much as he does now at ww

You're right...forgot about the Tanner fight. I though the tired/disinterested act was annoying too. Probably just attributed to his age/attitude at the time. A little too cocky. Now he's just a focused killer. Never thought he would become one of my favorite fighters. Stoked for the Condit fight.

He seemed to headhunt for the KO much of the time at MW, which he was more than capable. But it cost him when it didn't happen. Also seemed much more susceptible to being taken down and not trying to escape when it happened. I don't know if it was just conditioning or a case of not being the best weight class for him.

When he dropped WW and returned to the UFC, he seems like a completely transformed fighter. When he enters the cage now, he is on a mission to win. And the toughness he always possessed is still there. The result could very well have been the same thing if he stayed at WW the entire time. Only Robbie knows the answer to that question. At this point I don't think it really matters much.

it seemed that the extra weight hurt his conditioning more so then helping it right? that is why he became the headhunter and had a limited output and got stuck under people when taken down , his output is higher now and tdd is much improved , he might be the funnest champ to watch right now honestly . but he thanks for your input i agree a lot with you

You're right...forgot about the Tanner fight. I though the tired/disinterested act was annoying too. Probably just attributed to his age/attitude at the time. A little too cocky. Now he's just a focused killer. Never thought he would become one of my favorite fighters. Stoked for the Condit fight.

Yes it is gonna be a fun fight who do you think takes it ? im going lawler with a comeback stoppage becoming the first man to stop condit due to strikes pretty bold huh? just think if any one can do it it's robbie and he is in the zone and we really don't know how condit has recovered from the acl injury alves fight doesnt make me a believer

I do? I could've swear that Nick ko him lol.

+1 to the see a doctor guy. The fight was 11 years ago, and up until the flash ko, he was dominating the stand up exchanges. When Robbie was younger his stand up was wild. His striking is x1000 times better now than it was then.

+1 to the see a doctor guy. The fight was 11 years ago, and up until the flash ko, he was dominating the stand up exchanges. When Robbie was younger his stand up was wild. His striking is x1000 times better now than it was then.

Lol. He was not dominating Nick at all. He was upset that Nick was talking shit to him, that Nick was not scared of him at all.

Nick was young too. Nick also improved in his boxing.

Facts are facts, Nick beat Lawler at his own game.

he was too small for MW, he used to get takedown and controlled. couldnt hang with the bigger boys. at WW he is perfect for it.

Lol. He was not dominating Nick at all. He was upset that Nick was talking shit to him, that Nick was not scared of him at all.

Nick was young too. Nick also improved in his boxing.

Facts are facts, Nick beat Lawler at his own game.

the diaz bros "slap boxing" style worked for them early in their careers because it was awkward and hi volume. Thats simply not the case anymore, people are aware of how they fight.

the diaz bros "slap boxing" style worked for them early in their careers because it was awkward and hi volume. Thats simply not the case anymore.

May be right. But Nick strengths are Lawlers weakness. Nick cardio will give him problems. Lawler was struggling with Browns volume attacks.

Don't get me wrong, Lawler could beat Diaz but for people to say Nick has no chance, are straight up haters.

Robbie Lawler is a fucking monster.

l41lHtOfrfjXQDcoo.gif

May be right. But Nick strengths are Lawlers weakness. Nick cardio will give him problems. Lawler was struggling with Browns volume attacks.

Don't get me wrong, Lawler could beat Diaz but for people to say Nick has no chance, are straight up haters.

Nick would struggle now due to being so inactive i think he would lose due to that reason and that lawler has improved as well and was doing just fine in that fight . Lawler is peaking right now where imo diaz was peak around 09-11

Nick would struggle now due to being so inactive i think he would lose due to that reason and that lawler has improved as well and was doing just fine in that fight . Lawler is peaking right now where imo diaz was peak around 09-11

Fair enough.

Nick has produced some great fights, but he needs to get back and fight at WW again before we can consider whether he's still a top fighter now. I'm not going to say he's a contender with his last fight at WW being almost 2.5 yrs ago. I wouldn't with GSP either. Fighters change and so does the competition. People using the Diaz-Lawler fight from 2004 as a benchmark of them matching up currently is completely laughable.

Nick has produced some great fights, but he needs to get back and fight at WW again before we can consider whether he's still a top fighter now. I'm not going to say he's a contender with his last fight at WW being almost 2.5 yrs ago. I wouldn't with GSP either. Fighters change and so does the competition. People using the Diaz-Lawler fight from 2004 as a benchmark of them matching up currently is completely laughable.

Wasn't that fight in 02 ? not that i dont agree with you but just saying , great post thanks for replying

that's probably what lit a fire under his ass

without his lack of success at mw, maybe he would have never felt the drive to reinvent himself

Back