Lawler 15-3 at ww

TheAgent025

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not a bad record at ww not to mention 1 of those loses was due to injury . he never should have went to mw he could have had a better run over the years at ww rather then mw . does anybody know why he moved up?

Lawler has improved mentally and is a great at positional MMA right now. He is a great champion and fun to watch. I don't care what weight he fights at, I'm gonna watch.

He lost to Lorenz Larkin at MW.

Robbie had a pretty unremarkable run during that time period at MW. Lorenz is also a very a very capable fighter, I'm glad he made the move to WW where he belongs. Robbie is back fighting like everyone knew he could. WW was obviously the right move for him as well.

I still think Nick would beat Lawler. Brown did well against Lawler, so I see no reason Nick couldn't.

isnt it obvious why Robbie went to MW? Nick Diaz sent him packing, and he wouldn't return to WW until Diaz semi retired.

While this isn't the real reason, it's technically true lol

Point is I think he has improved a lot since those days.

But i wonder if he is better or if the mw divison was just not right for him he was 8-2 before he went to mw then goes 11-7-1 at mw then drops back down to ww and goes 7-1 so my question is if he never went to mw how would he have down at ww ? i mean just lookat the difference in his record it is obvious that he is a better ww .

so would he have been champion earlier maybe even beat gsp what do you think sherdog?

The loss due to 'injury' is because Spratt was beating Robbie up with leg kicks so bad that Robbie waved off the fight citing a knee injury

Lawler has improved mentally and is a great at positional MMA right now. He is a great champion and fun to watch. I don't care what weight he fights at, I'm gonna watch.

He is a great champion i have been a fan for over a decade and will be till he retires. im hoping he holds the belt for awhile he is a humble guy who is a true killer in the cage .

The loss due to 'injury' is because Spratt was beating Robbie up with leg kicks so bad that Robbie waved off the fight citing a knee injury

it was a hip injury , but yeah spratt was doing great in the fight . what do you think lawler could have done had he stayed at ww ?

I remember that fight...I used to be a big fan of Spratt, and I remember thinking he was going to be destroyed by this crazy striker in Robbie. Crazy to think that was 12 years ago...time flies.

Anyway, I think Robbie just had an opportunity to fight at MW for the Strikeforce title and so he took it. Maybe Strikeforce suggested it, or he just like the competition at MW better. I remember him saying he felt better at MW at that time, because the weight cut wasn't as brutal and he had more power. Remember when Hulk-smashed Frank Trigg?? LMAO

I think the only fight Lawler really legitly made me mad was the Evan Tanner fight. TANNER IMO WAS A BEAST and I miss the guy fighting, but Robbie tapped to that triangle like it was practice, never even made an attempt to get out of the hold. But I love the guy, Robbie is my fighter!!

I still think Nick would beat Lawler. Brown did well against Lawler, so I see no reason Nick couldn't.

Unfortunately nick can't beat anyone else relevant to earn a shot at Lawler. Nick just can't catch a break.

I remember that fight...I used to be a big fan of Spratt, and I remember thinking he was going to be destroyed by this crazy striker in Robbie. Crazy to think that was 12 years ago...time flies.

Anyway, I think Robbie just had an opportunity to fight at MW for the Strikeforce title and so he took it. Maybe Strikeforce suggested it, or he just like the competition at MW better. I remember him saying he felt better at MW at that time, because the weight cut wasn't as brutal and he had more power. Remember when Hulk-smashed Frank Trigg?? LMAO

He moved to mw before strikefore at ufc 50 vs evan tanner . He used to piss me of at mw becuse he would almost act tired and disinterested and not throw as much as he does now at ww

Unfortunately nick can't beat anyone else relevant to earn a shot at Lawler. Nick just can't catch a break.

True. But it's funny to think that he could beat the champ lol. I mean he ko him, so for anyone to say he doesn't have a chance, I Just chuckle.

But i wonder if he is better or if the mw divison was just not right for him he was 8-2 before he went to mw then goes 11-7-1 at mw then drops back down to ww and goes 7-1 so my question is if he never went to mw how would he have down at ww ? i mean just lookat the difference in his record it is obvious that he is a better ww .

so would he have been champion earlier maybe even beat gsp what do you think sherdog?

He seemed to headhunt for the KO much of the time at MW, which he was more than capable. But it cost him when it didn't happen. Also seemed much more susceptible to being taken down and not trying to escape when it happened. I don't know if it was just conditioning or a case of not being the best weight class for him.

When he dropped WW and returned to the UFC, he seems like a completely transformed fighter. When he enters the cage now, he is on a mission to win. And the toughness he always possessed is still there. The result could very well have been the same thing if he stayed at WW the entire time. Only Robbie knows the answer to that question. At this point I don't think it really matters much.

Back