"Last Week Tonight" with John Oliver attacks the UFC independent contractor model tonight.

Dana said quite a few times in the past that WWE was a big influence on how they did business.
There's one of these on NCAA pay (or lack of) a couple of years back. As a non American that was a real eye opener.

All these talk shows are such trash. There’s so many of them now too what the fuck. I want a late night talk show that is hosted by a drunk Shaquille O’Neil and Charles Barkley and they just diss all the other talk shows every night. That shit would be tight.

Also it’s Mr Cuck to all you fuckheads out there...
and I didn’t watch the video
Ummm that show exists and it's called NBA on TNT and it's every week lol

Glad this thread actually got somewhere, and instead of addressing fighters / wrestlers' rights or lack thereof, we're discussing the usage of the word cuck. Much more interesting TBH.

My two cents: I love using "cuck" as an insult since it's supposed to be the epitome of humiliation to a man, but I have become much more conservative in using it. The reason for this, is that one of the people I know that keeps uing "cuck" as an insult, is one of the most cucked dudes I know. He is incredibly pussy whipped, and his fat ugly girlfriend pretty much keeps insulting him in the presence of other men and flirting with them in front of him. Not only he doesn't have the self-respect to put that bitch in her place, but to top it off he uses "cuck" as an insult.

Everytime I hear that weakling call someone "cuck" I feel less inclined to use it myself.

TLDR version: The actual CUCKS ruined the "cuck" insult for the rest of us.

I like Oliver, but I can tell John Oliver learned most his shit during script rehearsal.

He's a funny clown.

I like Oliver, but I can tell John Oliver learned most his shit during script rehearsal.

He's a funny clown.

either way its pretty funny imo.

Even if you don't agree with him on everything, he does bring some stuff to light that people aren't aware of and tries to do it in a comedic way.

Whether or not you find it funny or entertaining is obviously subject to opinion

John Oliver is a pussy

In all honesty they choose to wrestle. The big stars that do 200 nights a year choose to do so and make enough money that Healthcare would be chump change to them. Jake the snake is a good guy, but he was an addict of crack so that's again his choice. We all saw hulk hogan's house etc on TV when he had his show. He wasn't living in a trailer. He had to go back to wrestling because he didn't use his money wisely or put any back for retirement etc. He made millions and is broke. Just like many NFL players, rock stars, actors, etc have done over the years. They get famous, get big heads thinking it will last forever, and it never does. While Vince is obviously a piece of shit, he is also a businessman that is pretty good at it apparently.
Its just odd to me I guess when someone makes so much money and can't buy health insurance, while people work their whole lives making peanuts in comparison do buy it. Again.. Vince is a pos.. Scum.. But its not his fault that people who get the money because of him, don't use it wisely or save any. Roddy piper had to have made millions in his career, especially in the 90s when it took off because of wwf. Before wwf they were making way less and still working just as much and tearing their bodies up just as much. Wrasslin is goofy as hell. It's a soap opera w baby oiled shaved bodied men.. Cm punk left it behind, and still made good cash getting beat up by weak fighters in the ufc. There are ways to get out if they choose to. They have options like anyone, but most are so fixated on the idea that the train will never stop, that they have 0 foresight. U can't blame wwe for that.

I’m a classical liberal dumbass.

I know you’re too stupid to understand nuance, so I won’t bother trying to explain it to you.

Current liberal thinking is a cancer to America, and it shows.

More like current American thinking is cancer to the world, your president, like him or not, is probably the most divisive leader of all time and all you people do is hurl "edgy" insults and memes at each other while your government gives it to you up the ass.

Well, “pussy” is probably a better word, but everyone uses it and has for a long time.

Cuck still has a nice little edge to it.

Both are true about Oliver.
T r I g g e r Ed , you are.

I suspect you are a Trumptard, as that is one of the recurring targets on his show.

Look, if Trump wasn’t such a habitually lying buffoon, the media/ every comic on the planet/every sane American wouldn’t mock him so relentlessly.

Oliver is a piece of shit that uses the same lines all the other “comedians” use.
But his research is on point. If you watch his shows, the second half is actually pretty educating.

But his research is on point. If you watch his shows, the second half is actually pretty educating.
Agree'd. I've said it before that Colbert is going to struggle and probably go off the air when Trump leaves the office. Oliver's main story brings the goods every week and will be just fine on the other hand.

They both shouldn't be independent contractors, both started out with no insurance and have since increased it, but neither offer insurance for retirement.

UFC is too new of a sport to see if there will be a "dying young issue" you can't tell.me with a straight face you expect Gaethje to live even remotely healthy in his 50s though. But has fighters like Gary Goodridge setting up "GoFundMe's" to cover life's after fightings medical expenses.

Not saying these guys don't know what they are getting into at this point, and that there are no differences but there are a lot of similarities between the two and couldn't help but think of the UFC while watching.
wrestling guys die from years of PED abuse. the ufc has usada to at least discourage publicly it.

life after fighting medical expenses will always be an issue. i don't think you can expect the orgs to be responsible for their expenses for the rest of their lives. maybe ultimately their will be some tiered system based on the # of fights in the org. but some of these guys fight well past their ufc careers or primes.......

the current year man.

eSnYte.gif

Ok.

I’m not going to disagree with you cause I simply don’t watch his shows.

The simplistic and intentional crowd pleasing first part where he sucks the liberal corporations dick for however long always keeps me from watching more.

T r I g g e r Ed , you are.

I suspect you are a Trumptard, as that is one of the recurring targets on his show.

Look, if Trump wasn’t such a habitually lying buffoon, the media/ every comic on the planet/every sane American wouldn’t mock him so relentlessly.

Men who are anti liberal started using cuck and triggered you idiot.

Dumbass libs like you can’t even come up with your own insults.

Try harder.

translation: It hurts me to think and his points offend my bias.

Well you’re an obvious idiot.

I’m goimg to embarrass you now.

I can, and have, argued from a left of center viewpoint.

The problem lies in the fact that most current liberals don’t argue logical anymore but emotionally.

Late night “Comedians” use half truths and exaggerations to get cheap laughs.

If they actually had thought attached to what they said, I would be happy to listen to their viewpoints.

In other words, you don’t know what the fuck you are talking about.

Back