"Last Week Tonight" with John Oliver attacks the UFC independent contractor model tonight.

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
His episode tonight was against the WWE, but it all applies to the UFC too.

Oliver is a piece of shit that uses the same lines all the other “comedians” use.

Last edited:
He may be a "cuck" but he's right about the bullshit that is "independent contractor".

GAY. I'm an American, dammit. It's my God given right to be exploited by greedy billionaires. It's clearly spelled out in the 69th amendment.

GAY. I'm an American, dammit. It's my God given right to be exploited by greedy billionaires. It's clearly spelled out in the 69th amendment.
Keep up this freedom loving mindset and you too could become a billionaire!

I'm sure he really gives a shit about that topic.

You just posted an illegal video. You should be banned. The legal one never shows the whole show.

I'm sure he really gives a shit about that topic.
I mean his show is literally dedicated to pointing out the most absurd and unjust exploitations that companies and politicians try, so it's not out of character.

You just posted an illegal video. You should be banned. The legal one never shows the whole show.

Well damn, turns out you are right. He post 90% of his full episodes every week shortly after (why does HBO allow this?) so didn't even notice this wasn't the official video on "this week's main story".

The WWE isn't the UFC.
What he was saying applies a lot more to the WWE than the UFC, UFC fighters aren't fighting 7 days a week all over the country/world.

The WWE isn't the UFC.
What he was saying applies a lot more to the WWE than the UFC, UFC fighters aren't fighting 7 days a week all over the country/world.

It applied just as much and they are equal pos

The WWE isn't the UFC.

They both shouldn't be independent contractors, both started out with no insurance and have since increased it, but neither offer insurance for retirement.

UFC is too new of a sport to see if there will be a "dying young issue" you can't tell.me with a straight face you expect Gaethje to live even remotely healthy in his 50s though. But has fighters like Gary Goodridge setting up "GoFundMe's" to cover life's after fightings medical expenses.

Not saying these guys don't know what they are getting into at this point, and that there are no differences but there are a lot of similarities between the two and couldn't help but think of the UFC while watching.

Last edited:
lol at you guys still calling someone a "cuck"

Well, “pussy” is probably a better word, but everyone uses it and has for a long time.

Cuck still has a nice little edge to it.

Both are true about Oliver.

only thing I took from that episode is how much I used to love wrestling growing up when I was a kid.

Well, “pussy” is probably a better word, but everyone uses it and has for a long time.

Cuck still has a nice little edge to it.

Both are true about Oliver.

Hey man whatever you need to convince yourself that you're a bad ass on the internet I'm all for it.

Back