Largest rock/metal open air festival you have ever attended? (live stream)

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Ladies and gentleman, I am very privileged to live in perhaps the worse country in Europe and mere 5 miles away from the largest rock/metal festival in the world. And I am not joking at all.

Festival Woodstock Poland - Since 1998 the attendance swells from 150k to peak in 2011 of an over 1 million attendees. After that it averages between 600-800k. This year festival gathered around 800k people from around the freaking world. Bands like Prodigy, Arch Enemy, Sabaton, Judas Priest, Papa Roach and so on been there and is still more to come with each year.

Best part? Its FREE

Trailer of the festival:

Wiki of the festival:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock_Festival_(Poland)

What is the American answer to this?

Last edited:
Papa Roach?? You lucky bastard!!!

Well at least you don't have Westboro Baptist church.

I usually only go to shows at clubs, so going to a large outdoor festival kind of freaks me out if i get stuck in a huge crowd (happened once, learned my lesson.) Went to Lollapalooza once, and the Guiness Fleadh in New York. I don't know which one was bigger, but had a great time minus the near panic attack in a sea of people looking for my girlfriend.

Papa Roach?? You lucky bastard!!!

Amazes me how stars like that are coming from giant metropolises to the area in the middle of nowhere. With nearest airport being 100 miles away, with villages around and small towns.

I shit you not.

Amazes me how stars like that are coming from giant metropolises to the area in the middle of nowhere. With nearest airport being 100 miles away, with villages around and small towns.

I shit you not.

Papa Roach will probably take any job at this point.

Seriously I'm just doggong them. The rest sounds ok

I was at Wacken in the early 90's but can't recall the acts much.
I remember Megadeth was there.

There was a Grateful Dead show I recall asking a venue attendant what the crowd estimate was, they said half mill.
Since they were the highest selling act of all time, I believed it. An ocean of people.
There were water trucks, and a plane had been hired by a local promoter to tow a banner: "Don't take the brown acid!"

Monsters of Rock at Donnington, UK in 1990 was the largest I think I attended. Not sure of the capacity.

If not then Rolling Stones at Wembley around the same time or GnR also at Wembley (who I thought were crap and walked out halfway through)

Rolling Stones was fun as they had Dan Reed Network supporting them who I loved and we got right up close to their stage . No-one else really gave a crap but I loved them and was dancing away like a lunatic. Dan Reed seemed to appreciate it as I seemed to be the only one not ignoring their efforts..

Ladies and gentleman, I am very privileged to live in perhaps the worse country in Europe and mere 5 miles away from the largest rock/metal festival in the world. And I am not joking at all.

Festival Woodstock Poland - Since 1998 the attendance swells from 150k to peak in 2011 of an over 1 million attendees. After that it averages between 600-800k. This year festival gathered around 800k people from around the freaking world. Bands like Prodigy, Arch Enemy, Sabaton, Judas Priest, Papa Roach and so on been there and is still more to come with each year.

Best part? Its FREE

Trailer of the festival:

Wiki of the festival:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock_Festival_(Poland)

What is the American answer to this?

^Bam's Beiberverse

HFStival at RFK stadium in 2002.

I’ve never been to a big outdoor festival. Sounds like a nightmare for someone who’s pretty claustrophobic. I did go to a Metallica, Kid Rock (Bull god days), Sevendust, and Creed (Torn days before they got weird) concert when I was 13. It was awesome, first time I ever saw boobs in real life.

I’ve never been to a big outdoor festival. Sounds like a nightmare for someone who’s pretty claustrophobic. I did go to a Metallica, Kid Rock (Bull god days), Sevendust, and Creed (Torn days before they got weird) concert when I was 13. It was awesome, first time I ever saw boobs in real life.

Good experience. So many people.

sonisphere a few years ago when maiden headlined. don't know how many attended.

Monsters of Rock at Donnington, UK in 1990 was the largest I think I attended. Not sure of the capacity.

If not then Rolling Stones at Wembley around the same time or GnR also at Wembley (who I thought were crap and walked out halfway through)

Rolling Stones was fun as they had Dan Reed Network supporting them who I loved and we got right up close to their stage . No-one else really gave a crap but I loved them and was dancing away like a lunatic. Dan Reed seemed to appreciate it as I seemed to be the only one not ignoring their efforts..
was this the one where axel stopped singing halfway through a song to have someone kicked out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back