Largest rock/metal open air festival you have ever attended? (live stream)

I haven't been to Knotfest but been to a few. Rockville in Jax, FL was big it had ozzy, parkway drive, five finger, butcher babies and a lot more.... the biggest one I went to was Montebello Rockfest which literally took over a town of 3 days of craziness. Rammstein, Parkway drive, aug burns red a lot of bands and a lot of damn ppl

Ladies and gentleman, I am very privileged to live in perhaps the worse country in Europe and mere 5 miles away from the largest rock/metal festival in the world. And I am not joking at all.

Festival Woodstock Poland - Since 1998 the attendance swells from 150k to peak in 2011 of an over 1 million attendees. After that it averages between 600-800k. This year festival gathered around 800k people from around the freaking world. Bands like Prodigy, Arch Enemy, Sabaton, Judas Priest, Papa Roach and so on been there and is still more to come with each year.

Best part? Its FREE

Trailer of the festival:

Wiki of the festival:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock_Festival_(Poland)

What is the American answer to this?

Has this years fest happened yet? I might be in Poland during that time and would love to go, I am a metal head and when I travel I find metal bars all over the world and shows.

was this the one where axel stopped singing halfway through a song to have someone kicked out?

Not sure. Like I said I walked off halfway through as I thought they were crap.

It was 31.08.91 with Skid Row and NiN supporting. Skid Row were good.

Also forgot I saw Def Leppard in Sheffield with Ugly Kid Joe, Thunder and Terrorvision as support. There was only 40, 000 at that though so hardly Woodstock...

Not sure. Like I said I walked off halfway through as I thought they were crap.

It was 31.08.91 with Skid Row and NiN supporting. Skid Row were good.

Also forgot I saw Def Leppard in Sheffield with Ugly Kid Joe, Thunder and Terrorvision as support. There was only 40, 000 at that though so hardly Woodstock...
Different gig,I saw em with faith no more supporting.

Probably SARSStock for me. 2003 in Toronto.
sars-stock-crowd.jpg

I was at a free concert in my small town last night to see Blue Rodeo that turned out festival like. When the band came out they addressed the crowd jokingly as hello Woodstock lol

I've been to Milwaukee's Summerfest, which gets 1 maybe 200,000 on a busy day.

Probably not as big back when I went.

Favorite was Lollapaloza 94. Green Day, Beastie Boys, Tribe Called Quest, Breeders, L7, Janes Addiction, Smashing Pumpkins.

Biggest: Earth Day 1990, Central Park....750k-1m. Terrible bands like Eddie Brickell, Hall and Oates, etc. My GF was into hippie shit and I was a metal dude. She gave me head under a blanket to keep me from bitching. It did. But a few hours later I had to shit behind a tree after drinking warm beer and wine and eating stale popcorn.

Has this years fest happened yet? I might be in Poland during that time and would love to go, I am a metal head and when I travel I find metal bars all over the world and shows.

Yea, ended earlier this morning after 3 days. Arch Enemy played to roughly 800k people, bit short of 2011 Prodigy record of just over 1 mil. But book dates for next year, 2-4 August. Not sure of the lineup yet. Easiest way to get there is to get plane to Berlin and then direct train to the place about 1 hour travel.

I went to Tattoo the Earth back in 2000, which was a huge metal festival put on by Slipknot. I can’t remember how many stages but the crowd at the main stage during the headliners was truly massive.

Probably SARSStock for me. 2003 in Toronto.
sars-stock-crowd.jpg

I was at a free concert in my small town last night to see Blue Rodeo that turned out festival like. When the band came out they addressed the crowd jokingly as hello Woodstock lol

Christ, that looks fucking miserable.

What do you do if you're in the center and you have to piss or take a shit? Looks like you have to walk half a mile through a bunch of people just to get out. Then you'll never make it back to your party.

Christ, that looks fucking miserable.

What do you do if you're in the center and you have to piss or take a shit? Looks like you have to walk half a mile through a bunch of people just to get out. Then you'll never make it back to your party.
I was a cross between miserable, brutally hot, crazy experience and a bit of fun mixed in. Didn't help that my buddy who snuck the booze in got lost in the crowd almost immediately and we didn't find him until after the concert ended. As we were walking in though we found a rather large bag of coke that some sucker lost or dropped. Either way that bag helped make the night a bit more tolerable lol. Don't judge me, I was younger and don't touch shit like that anymore.

What do you do if you're in the center and you have to piss or take a shit?

You piss in the plastic bottle you've been drinking from , leave the lid off of it and then launch it into the air....

I went to Carolina rebellion it's last year (2018) and welcome to Rockville the same year. They were really fun.

Ladies and gentleman, I am very privileged to live in perhaps the worse country in Europe and mere 5 miles away from the largest rock/metal festival in the world. And I am not joking at all.

Festival Woodstock Poland - Since 1998 the attendance swells from 150k to peak in 2011 of an over 1 million attendees. After that it averages between 600-800k. This year festival gathered around 800k people from around the freaking world. Bands like Prodigy, Arch Enemy, Sabaton, Judas Priest, Papa Roach and so on been there and is still more to come with each year.

Best part? Its FREE

Trailer of the festival:

Wiki of the festival:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock_Festival_(Poland)

What is the American answer to this?

That’s impressive. Download and Ozzfest, 100k audience.

Back