Largest rock/metal open air festival you have ever attended? (live stream)

Ladies and gentleman, I am very privileged to live in perhaps the worse country in Europe and mere 5 miles away from the largest rock/metal festival in the world. And I am not joking at all.

Festival Woodstock Poland - Since 1998 the attendance swells from 150k to peak in 2011 of an over 1 million attendees. After that it averages between 600-800k. This year festival gathered around 800k people from around the freaking world. Bands like Prodigy, Arch Enemy, Sabaton, Judas Priest, Papa Roach and so on been there and is still more to come with each year.

Best part? Its FREE

Trailer of the festival:

Wiki of the festival:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock_Festival_(Poland)

What is the American answer to this?

Does Behemoth play? I feel like they're thee Polish metal band and would have this shit circled on their calendar every year. And everyone loves blast beats and satan.

Probably SARSStock for me. 2003 in Toronto.
sars-stock-crowd.jpg

I was at a free concert in my small town last night to see Blue Rodeo that turned out festival like. When the band came out they addressed the crowd jokingly as hello Woodstock lol
Holy shit.

For me, the first Aftershock Fest.

not really into those types of shows.
largest concert i've been to was probably Monsters of Rock in the old Giants Stadium back in 88.
prefer smaller venues .

I saw Phish new years 99 in a Seminole Indian reservation on the southern tip of Florida... there was a couple/few hundred thousand people.

Not many, probably the V-festival in 2004, did have a good lineup with Pixes(then just reformed), Massive Attack and Primal Scream.

I think when Metallica did our Big Day Out here it was like 40k people or something, that’s prob the biggest I’ve been to.

2009 I did Rock am Ring, Download, Hellfest, Gods of Metal (Italy) and Wacken.

Motorhead played at Wacken, I started crowdsurfing during Ace of Spades, was in the air for the entire song and still didn't reach the front.

the largest gathering of people I have been too wasnt even a music festival it was the vans u.s open and the long beach grand prix. the lb gp was cancelled due to covid but we would have had like a million people in a very tiny maybe 3 mile area.

Back