Lara "I earned this in the ring, fighting the best , not on a Mexican street corner"

OK.....8-4 Lara. Nothing really special, kinda slick but really committed to that 1-2 and PWill was kind of tailor made for what Lara does. PWill has NO defense...never did.
Same thing over and over (probably why I stopped having interest the first time I saw Lara fight). Lara won clearly though, I can't believe TWO of the judges said Paul won??!!

Lara doesn't really like pressure or the inside game though. Honestly still nothing jumps out at me about Lara, yet.

Molina, Matirosyan and Trout fights next.

Thats why I never liked Williams. He was never very good. He just walked throughshots and threw a lot of punches. Some judges like that.

Quick note after the 2nd rnd against Trout.......I don't see much a superior counter puncher that everyones saying (solid but thats it). Lara has great footwork, and nice angles to set himself up. Kind of Rigo Lite.... 1-1 btw

Thats why I never liked Williams. He was never very good. He just walked throughshots and threw a lot of punches. Some judges like that.

Totally agree! I could only laugh when guys would say he was Floyd's biggest threat..
Sure, on paper if a 6'2" guy with 79 in reach that actually fights like he's supposed to.....But that wasn't Paul Wiliams, never was.

OK.....8-4 Lara. Nothing really special, kinda slick but really committed to that 1-2 and PWill was kind of tailor made for what Lara does. PWill has NO defense...never did.
Same thing over and over (probably why I stopped having interest the first time I saw Lara fight). Lara won clearly though, I can't believe TWO of the judges said Paul won??!!

Lara doesn't really like pressure or the inside game though. Honestly still nothing jumps out at me about Lara, yet.

Molina, Matirosyan and Trout fights next.

One of the worst robberies in recent memory....

Lara clearly won that fight...

I'm sure you know will say, "I agree with this."

8-4 Lara over Trout. Actually was a decent scrap at first (boxing wise), but Lara's got some sneaky shit. Footwork and positioning are his attributes, set the opponent up where he wants him to go and "pow" quick 1-2. His counter game is secondary, looks like it's still developing. And Trout was completely out of his game trying to come forward, looked like an amateur trying to do something he doesn't do.

Lara's got some skills, reminds me coincidentally of Rigondaux (just not nearly as good). His problem is diversity and arsenal of weapons. Maybe he hasn't had to use much, but it looks like he has one, maybe two things he does well. Lara CAN outpoint Canelo to a win. But, Canelo seems a little more versatile and WHEN he starts to lose the outside boxing game, he should be able to adjust and put more pressure, activity, and start walking Lara down, close the gap Lara so very much covets to do what he does. THEN Canelo will start to cause Lara some serious trouble. gonna be an interesting one. One of those fights we love about boxing. Still picking Canelo in brutal late stoppage if he does what on paper he can do.

**EDIT*
Saw a long interview with Lara (in Spanish), pretty intelligent guy.

Honestly fighting a on a Mexican street corner is like at least... 5 times harder than fighting any where in Cuba. Cuba is soft.

Having said that. Lara isn't skilled enough to beat Canelo. He shot those straight lefts all day on Angulo and that shit simply isn't going to work on Canelo.
I think people underrate Canelos speed as well.
Lara was able to fire straights at Angulo and then scurry away when Angulo tried to trap him on the ropes, and Angulo still dropped him twice.
Canelo is going to be able to pressure Lara and has good enough speed and footwork to be effective at it. When Canelo starts landing those combos, I don't see Lara taking to much of that.

Only way Lara wins is if it's strictly a boxing match fought in the center of the ring.
Buts that not going to happen.

Honestly fighting a on a Mexican street corner is like at least... 5 times harder than fighting any where in Cuba. Cuba is soft.

Having said that. Lara isn't skilled enough to beat Canelo. He shot those straight lefts all day on Angulo and that shit simply isn't going to work on Canelo.
Lara was able to fire straights at Angulo and then scurry away when Angulo tried to trap him on the ropes, and Angulo still dropped him twice.
Canelo is going to be able to pressure Lara and has good enough speed and footwork to be effective at it. When Canelo starts landing those combos, I don't see Lara taking to much of that.

Only way Lara wins is if it's strictly a boxing match fought in the center of the ring.

Brace for impact....cuban23 is gonna fuck you up for this.

Let me guess....Scarface and that shitty 50 Cent movie are your 2 favorite movies??

Man, Lara is struggling with his pre fight trash talk.

Canelo picks his shots well, so I don't think Lara will be able to find enough openings for meaningful counters. Couple that with Canelo's superior combination and punching power, and Lara's low output, I see Lara losing a decision

this. 9 rnds to 3 canelo IMO. he will drop or wobble him once or twice.

This guy has lived in both countries he can tell you.. lol.. fighting in the streets in any 3rd world country is not as cake as you think.

I'd like Lara to win and I can see it happening but I'd lean towards Canelo slightly to be honest.

I'm going to agree with Lara on this one.

I mean the best opponent Canelo fought (and beat) was Trout, and he looked very unimpressive in that fight.

Lara also beat Trout (Much more impressively), but Lara also faced Paul Williams, Vanes and Carlos Molina. I thought he beat all 3. Vanes was on his way to losing the fight and then he took the cowards way out.

Canelo hasn't been battle tested against the best. He looked hopelessly lost against Mayweather and put forth one of the worst performances I've ever seen. That fight shouldn't even count. It should be considered a Non-fight.

LOL !!

There we go ...

This guy has lived in both countries he can tell you.. lol.. fighting in the streets in any 3rd world country is not as cake as you think.

LOL, I love the "Cuba is soft." statement, couldnt stop laughing for 10 minutes.

If you had to pick one buddy to roll with anywhere anytime out of the following five, a guy that's got your back an down for a scrap if need be, which guy would be the LAST one you'd pick:

a)Dominican
b)Cuban
c)Panamanian
d)Puerto Rican
e)Mexican
:icon_chee:icon_chee

Back