LA Times Bill Plaschke blasts Ronda Rousey for deciding to fight Holly Holm

I doubt Ronda is ducking Miesha but the UFC seems to be protecting her for whatever reason.

But 'protecting' her from what? Does she look like she needs protecting? Zuffa manipulates all kinds of stuff in matchmaking all the time but when it comes to Ronda it's 'protecting'. Sherdog myths at work.

LOL this old man doesn't know shit about MMA if he thinks Ronda is ducking Miesha fucking Tate.

"Everyone wanted to see this fight (Tate)."

Who the fuck is this idiot?

The guys on PTI and ATH have been shitting on MMA forever. In the last few years they have softened, and the fact that lispy dipshit would even talk about MMA is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Ronda is ducking them in the sense that her mainstream exposure is mainly due to beating people in 30 seconds. That won't happen to tate or cyborg while being almost guaranteed with holm . Housewives won't care about rousey if it takes her a normal amount of time to win

Yes, yes, ducking someone she beat the brakes off twice and another who is not in the fucking UFC...

Somebody get this guy a Pulitzer!

Plasche is one of the biggest hacks in all of sports media. Fuck that guy. You really want to see Ronda vs. Meisha 3? I don't. Its gonna be a beatdown to a judo throw to an arm bar again. It dosent matter who it is besides Cyborg as far Ronda getting the win. IT DOSENT MATTER.

Do I agree with him on what topic? That it's too soon for Holly to get a title shot? Yeah i guess I do

lol

LA Times needs to get their shit together.

Why the hell does she have to fight Tate a third time?

It's up to Cyborg to get down to 135, why is it Rousey's fault if she can't make the weight?

This guy is a clown.

I got no problem with her fighting Holly but why wouldn't you want Ronda to fight Tate again?

She's the only remotely competitive opponent Ronda has ever had and has looked game as fuck lately.

Miesha is on a 4 fight winning streak with 3 top 10 wins in that run and is currently ranked number one.
and we've seen she has nothing for Rousey. At least Holm is a new look.

Memo from ESPN to journalists: Whatever this MMA thing is, we don't care. Just start talking about Ronda Rousey.

Does he even watch MMA. Dude has no idea what hes talking about. He can't even pronounce Cyborgs name right.

This idiot doesn't. Hes just speaking because Ronda is the hot talking point in sports now. Same with a lot of these dudes. Some AM sports host this afternoon was talking about Holm and saying shes a dangerous opponent because of her "KO" power. LOL what?

Plaschke+Douche.png

Didn't Rhonda called out Gina Carano to stop making movies and fight her at 145 lbs.?

No. No she did not. She was asked if she wanted to fight Gina and she said yes.
Said it would be an honor because Gina was such a big deal.
So no.

But 'protecting' her from what? Does she look like she needs protecting? Zuffa manipulates all kinds of stuff in matchmaking all the time but when it comes to Ronda it's 'protecting'. Sherdog myths at work.

She doesn't need it, that's the odd part. But this is the second fight where she's fighting an opponent with zero top 10 wins, which is ridiculous when you consider how Nunes looked and Mieshas run right now.

and we've seen she has nothing for Rousey. At least Holm is a new look.

Miesha has made improvements to her game, imo. Holly Holm has no top 10 wins and has not looked impressive.

Tate aside, Nunes deserves a shot too.

]I agree that Holm isnt ready and needs more time[/B], but yeah I dont want to see Tate and Cyborg has yet to make weight. I think Ronda should wait 6 months or so until someone emerges or Cyborg makes weight.

I find this kind of funny since Holm is 9 - 0 and have been a pro longer than Ronda.
She has been with Jackson /winklejohn since she was 16 /17 years old.
If she is not ready now she will never be.

Also people claim Ronda ducked Cyborg in SF.
At the time Ronda was 4 - 0 and had been a pro for a year..
Some how a fighter that is 9-0 and been a pro is as long as Ronda is not ready, but Ronda at 4-0 and about a year as a pro was a ducker and scared....

I remember when the LA Times covered UFC 100. They treated it like a freak show.

L.A. Times writer you SHOULD listen to when it comes to MMA:
Todd Martin, not Bill Plaschke

Plaschke is a stick-n-ball guy, doesn't know MMA.

Todd Martin is a legit MMA guy.

He's right but he should be blasting Dana. Rousey is just fighting who Dana is sending her way. Dana is the real fucking idiot here.

L.A. Times writer you SHOULD listen to when it comes to MMA:
Todd Martin, not Bill Plaschke

Plaschke is a stick-n-ball guy, doesn't know MMA.

Todd Martin is a legit MMA guy.

I used to love Todd when he was part of Meltzer's site
Sucks that all that BS drama went down

82 people agreed with him?

I have always said there are people on Sherdog who couldn't get the professional therapy and medical assistance that they desperately needs.

As far as outlandish claims go, "Ronda Rousey ducking Miesha Tate" is at the zenith of ignorance and delussion.

Most of you defending Bill have never read another article or seen him talk before. Bill knows nothing about mma. The guy writes mindless trash. He is just a step above Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith.

This is to be expected when the mainstream media try to put their 2 cents in a subject they really know nothing about.

I'd still book vs. Miesha 3 over the fact that it was promised. Don't like how UFC flip flopped.

Holm could use another fight anyway. Get more experience.

Punching power. Her wrestling looks a little sharper, too.

Maybe she'll make it to the fourth round before she gets armbarred this time.

Really, Tate should want to take extra time to try to improve her game before her third fight with Ronda. If Tate gets finished again she may never get another title shot while Rousey has the belt. She should want to make her time in title contention last as long as possible.

From a business perspective the Holm fight makes perfect sense, she's got a name and they want to capitalise on it now rather than risk her losing unexpectedly and ruining it. From a sporting perspective Holm is still a very different challenge from what Rousey has faced before and I don't think it's a gimme fight by any means.

Punching power. Her wrestling looks a little sharper, too.

Punching power? Well all of her recent wins have been by decision but I guess her 3 KO's are something to... Ronda's 3 KO's. Sharper wrestling? That really isn't going to do anything to Ronda.

Why blast Ronda? It's not she who had promised Tate title match.
If someone is gonna blast someone it shoud be against the right person.
And of course Ronda would prefer fighting Holly.
No rematch and easier match-up makes total sense for her.

how the fuck you duck a fighter youve beaten twice thoroughly? i mean, its up to the ufc to get cyborg in there, not r3.

Exactly.

I just asked him if he was retarded on his video post. I'll await his response.

I don't know that I'd say she's ducking anyone, but her division is full of pointless fights for her, and Cyborg is the only interesting opponent out there.

Did that many people really want a third Tate fight?

Back