Kunlun 56: 64-man Tournament World Max Final, January 1st

I doubt it. Beating a tired lazy Jomthong and winning a close fight to Sittichai who wasn't 100% to me isn't enough to say he would beat all 3. Maybe he could but it's too soon. I'm really impressed with Superbon but I think he has to prove himself a little more. Facing Jomthong and Sittichai is within his comfort zone because he's used to their styles. I really want to see how he does against an elite Dutch style like Marat or Roosmalen.

And if the first fight was fake then the second was fake to.
A lazy Jomthong that beat Davit Kiria. I thought it shouldn't have gone to an extra round.
lol I think your getting a little excited. That's like me saying after singdam beat saenchai that singdam is better than saenchai and everyone else. No singdam just had a good night and Thais always beat each other.

I agree Superbon deserves to be number 1 but I don't think he's a better kickboxer than sittichai (he is a better mt fighter). IMO rankings aside Petro is probably still the best with Sittichai coming in second.
All i'm saying is i think he would beat them all in Kunlun. In Glory maybe Sittichai has the upper hand. But with that nagging injury maybe he will never be 100 % again. Same with Yodsanklai.

petro is better than sittichai.

i think bon still has a huge margin to improve.
i don't think he would necessarily lose vs marat or roosmalen,he can be very aggressive but yes would have more problems without the clinch.

hope to see bon vs guys like that,actually they are already teasing his next fight and the top names are marat,mohamed and yod.

I think Petro is a bit overrated. He's not the fighter he once was anymore. I would pick Sittichai to beat him in Glory and Superbon to beat him in Kunlun.

Actually after watching the fights again I changed my mind. Superbon looked on point! He will give anyone at that weight problems. Glory or Kunlun.

Superbon ate some good shots from a fat Jomthong which isnt saying much. Still think Sittichai is number one at 70.

Far from K-1, what kind of Max finals they had? With only 1 good fighter? And Gerasimchuk being dropped by a newcomer. :)

I think Petro is a bit overrated. He's not the fighter he once was anymore. I would pick Sittichai to beat him in Glory and Superbon to beat him in Kunlun.

he deserves top 3 best of all time spot,but he was always well taken care of even when it comes to selecting his opponents.

now that i read some bits of his bio,it's clear he has no problems inventing facts or deforming the truth to fabricate this invincible aurea about him,so in that sense he's overrated.

Superbon ate some good shots from a fat Jomthong which isnt saying much. Still think Sittichai is number one at 70.

he ate some good shots from khayal and sittichai as well...
that said sittichai deserves to be ahead of him,he fought so many more difficult competitors.

Who's your top 5 at 70kg?
For K-1 style I would say: 1. Sittichai, 2. Superbon, 3. Yod, 4. Grigorian, 5. Petro
Petro may well be better than those guys but he hasn't proved it and doesn't deserve to be ranked above them unless he does imo

Even the most hardcore fans might have finally had to question the sports legitimacy

question the sport's legitimacy, because of the existence of a different sport with a different ruleset and a completely different pace and aesthetic? That's like questioning the legitimacy of NFL because you like rugby, or vice versa.

or did you mean question the sport's legitimacy as a martial art, because there's another martial art out there with a wider range of weapons and more success against it? Because that's a slippery slope which will soon have you lamenting Muay Thai's lack of takedown defense and submission awareness.

either way, what a stupid comment

question the sport's legitimacy, because of the existence of a different sport with a different ruleset and a completely different pace and aesthetic? That's like questioning the legitimacy of NFL because you like rugby, or vice versa.

or did you mean question the sport's legitimacy as a martial art, because there's another martial art out there with a wider range of weapons and more success against it? Because that's a slippery slope which will soon have you lamenting Muay Thai's lack of takedown defense and submission awareness.

lol! it definitely would not have looked good for kickboxing if lazy and chubby jomthong would have won the tournament. He was fighting 5kg over where he should have been all while barely training and having zero motivation. It highlights the significant difference in talent between the 2 sports as a ballooned up guy on the downside of his career somehow comes in 2nd place in the toughest tournament in kb history. Just imagine what would happen if these fucking organizations would bring in thai's still in their prime! Everything from 70kg down would be 14 thai's and one token hemmers gym fighter if these fucking organizations would actually contract fighters based on talent. You have sittichai,superbon and kaew dominating kb and they could not even get close to doing that shit in muay thai. Hell You even have a guy like yodvicha who did nothing but clinch in mt and i would take him in kb rules over 3/4 of glory's 70 kg roster tomorrow (even under k1 rules with no clinch allowed)

Last edited:
You kickboxing fans should be pleased Superbon won. It wouldn't be a good look if a now ballooned up not long ago 130 pounder won this supposedly prestigious tournament and did so by beating the #1 fighter in the division. Even the most hardcore fans might have finally had to question the sports legitimacy if Jomthong would've won.

well, he didn't.

Last edited:
Far from K-1, what kind of Max finals they had? With only 1 good fighter? And Gerasimchuk being dropped by a newcomer. :)
What about your boy Cedric Manhoef taking an L in this tournament. Is he no longer a good fighter?

I said kickboxing fans would have to question the legitimacy IF Jomthong won, and I explained why. I made it clear as to why. you saw it because you chose to not include in this quote, but ignored it and went on a rant that is irrelevant to what I was saying. Weird.

He finished second and beat Kiria, which is still something to consider.

no not really. He sure gained weight, but we don't know if Jomthong has really become lazy. Could be just wrong nutrition for all we know.

And Kiria isn't even top 10 anymore and Jomthong needed an extra round for him.

Last edited:
no not really. He sure gained weight, but we don't know if Jomthong has really become lazy. Could be just wrong nutrition for all we know.

And Kiria is barely top 10 and Jomthong needed an extra round for him.

Kiria is a real junior middleweight, and Jomthomg isn't. That doesn't change regardless of how he put on weight.

Jomthong's performances since Uchiyama have mostly been uninspiring. Even prior to that I believe he had, or was at least getting a reputation for not caring much anymore. IIRC the crowd might have given him a hard time against Petboonchu in 2012 because of his effort.

Back