Kung Fu

Fisticuffs, I can understand where your opinion comes from since no one that we know of has successfully stepped into the MMA scene with Wing Chun (publically). I'm going to do some searches just for the hell of it, though. I know of a few successful Wing Chun competitors who fight in kickboxing and San Shou.

My point goes out for those who say JKD has failed. JKD didn't failed. It died with bruce lee. Noone represents JKD as Bruce did it. Instead, they are trying to recreate it through MMA. And all the fighters in there are somehow trying to reach at a level of training that bruce had in his whole life. In a decade or so fighters will again be as advanced as JKD should be. And you are all here fighting about styles and what they have to prove in MMA, while DUH, its a MMA forum, and there should be no single style in it.

I really don't know why I bother writing these stuff.

Did you figure that out all by yourself? I sugest you read the entire thread before posting.

JKD died with bruce lee? snez how you get that from roy harris's post? the fact is modern JKD concept guys would kill bruce like he was back in the seventies.

dan inosanto, larry hartsell, roy harris too - these guys have learned shit bruce never got into: bjj, submission fighting, escrima, muay thai.

props to bruce for breaking ground with JKD ideas and philosophies. but modern martial arts is on some next level shit now. to think that everyone is playing catch up to bruce is ass backwards.

maybe you got that bruce lee hero god complex some people got.

Bruce Lee had submission fighting experience. Just not BJJ, which still puts modern day practitioners more than a step ahead in my book.

Originally posted by lach
think of it this way. if the bjj guy lost he would have had cuts bruises and concussion.
if the kung fu guy lost he could just tap out and not have any injuries.
so why would the bjj guy take this fight? he has nothing to prove.

there is more chance the bjj guy would win and it would be the kung fu guy on his back not the bjj guy.

that is a great point!! thats why i never do challenge fights in the street, its not b/c i'm scared but b/c it aint worth it!! but if a street fight broke out hell yea i'll fight anywhere, i get cut up from cement but u bet when it comes time for an armbar i aint letting go no matter how hard he taps...

So you will lay there forever or break his arm? What if he has friends who take exception to you breaking their buddies arm and they decide to stomp you? I will never go down in a fight if I can help it. To dangerous. Stand up allows you the option to flee. IMHO, hiting the gravel is a very poor idea. Thats why my main area of interest is striking, much more street safe.

Originally posted by FISTICUFFS
So you will lay there forever or break his arm? What if he has friends who take exception to you breaking their buddies arm and they decide to stomp you? I will never go down in a fight if I can help it. To dangerous. Stand up allows you the option to flee. IMHO, hiting the gravel is a very poor idea. Thats why my main area of interest is striking, much more street safe.

dude, stop there, pls... you have no idea what you are talking about... if striking is that efficient that gracie would have never been made famous.. and dont think i'm sayin that as a grappler, i studied kickboxing first.. but use common sense please, in a street fight of course i'll break his arm, that will scare away his buddies, much more than punchin him will, if not at least i took one person out the fight for the duration... unless you've fought striking against multiple opponents you have no evidence so say striking is more effective..

Originally posted by ezc3m
1)if striking is that efficient that gracie would have never been made famous..

2)but use common sense please, in a street fight of course i'll break his arm, that will scare away his buddies...

3)unless you've fought striking against multiple opponents you have no evidence so say striking is more effective..

1)Gracies made it popular for MMA, not the street.

2)I hope you are joking.

3)You have a much better chance on your feet for multiple opponets. As I stated before, you can always flee.

You are the one who does not know what they are talking about. Stick to the grappling threads.

how is graplling effective more multiple opponents/ u gonna be the ironman and grapple with each one at at time?

Originally posted by BlackBeltNow
how is graplling effective more multiple opponents/ u gonna be the ironman and grapple with each one at at time?

LOL

Exactly, Grappling is an important aspect...but it is not the Solution to any fight like people belive...going ot the ground and "scaring off" the other people isint a good idea as you will proabably be kicked unconcious.

dude remove head from butt please, use common sense:

who will you be intimidated more by??

a person who get in a lucky shot and stunned your buddy
or a person who broke your buddy's arm in 4 secs flat??

and even if you dont scare his friends off you know for sure you took him out by breakin his arm

how can you be sure u took the guy out by punching him in the face?

i'm not sayin grapplin is end all and be all of all street fights but i think some folks here just cling to much to the fact that they dont like grapplin instead of lookin at it from realistic perspective:

unless you can back up the fact that you did indeed take out multiple opponents in a realistic situation with strikes you have READ: NO PROOF striking will be better!!

I'm not saying grappling will be assuredly better but at least i dont think it would be worse, and who said you must be on your back when grapplin: you must be begginer who get owned in competition or else you know most grappler end up on top...

You are not reading before you post. Most people cannot defeat more than one opponet. STANDING allows you to run, flee, escape,etc. Going to the GROUND allows you to become an extremely easy target. You break my friends arm, I will try to stomp you as will 99% of people out there. In most situations, alcohol is a factor negating most "fear" factors. Your in line to get stomped. To each his own. I prefer to live and fight another day.

:eek: OH NO! he broke bryan's arm! let's get out of here!:eek:

Back