KSW LW + FW Champ Mateusz Gamrot Now A Free Agent

Gamrot can beat Magomed imo (I really rate Magomed too), there's no point having a 17-0 guy come in and fight Luis Pena or someone.

They should pick up Vartanyan and Shabily who are both available at the moment too.
With the UFC going to fight island again this year this is the perfect opportunity for them to get Mason Jones, Vartanyan, Shabily, Kerimov, etc. I was surprised to see the UFC almost empty out the entire CW roster (a lot of cans tbh) to fill out the fight island cards but not get Mason Jones. Hopefully, this time around they sign him, along with other Eastern European fighters.

With the UFC going to fight island again this year this is the perfect opportunity for them to get Mason Jones, Vartanyan, Shabily, Kerimov, etc. I was surprised to see the UFC almost empty out the entire CW roster (a lot of cans tbh) to fill out the fight island cards but not get Mason Jones. Hopefully, this time around they sign him, along with other Eastern European fighters.

Mason is booked for a WW title fight at Cage Warriors at the end of the month to become a two division champ there, if he comes out of that unscathed, I'm sure they'll pick him up.

Jack Cartwright they must be looking at too I would imagine.

Gamrot can beat Magomed imo (I really rate Magomed too), there's no point having a 17-0 guy come in and fight Luis Pena or someone.

They should pick up Vartanyan and Shabily who are both available at the moment too.
Well, I'm not against a tough match-up, but I find it strange that they want to give him a guy that is not very well known and has deceivingly bad record. If you are gonna give him a tough match-up, give him someone with a big name like Dariush or Oliveira but to throw him against a really tough unknown opponent seems counter productive to me. I like the idea of Chandler immediately facing someone like Tony Ferguson, that makes sense because Tony is a big name opponent; no shame in losing to him. But Gamrot is being thrown to the wolves in a, kind of, lose-lose situation.

Well, I'm not against a tough match-up, but I find it strange that they want to give him a guy that is not very well known and has deceivingly bad record. If you are gonna give him a tough match-up, give him someone with a big name like Dariush or Oliveira but to throw him against a really tough unknown opponent seems counter productive to me. I like the idea of Chandler immediately facing someone like Tony Ferguson, that makes sense because Tony is a big name opponent; no shame in losing to him. But Gamrot is being thrown to the wolves in a, kind of, lose-lose situation.

Gamrot doesn't have much name value outside Poland and hardcores really. They're just treating him like any other guy and it's up to him to prove his worth. From reading interviews with him, I think he's signed for less than he's really worth to prove the standard that he is. If he beats Magomed then that sets him up for fights with guys in the top 25. At LW if you enter towards the bottom it's easy to still be fighting guys ranked outside the top 50 in your 3rd or 4th fight.

Gamrot doesn't have much name value outside Poland and hardcores really. They're just treating him like any other guy and it's up to him to prove his worth. From reading interviews with him, I think he's signed for less than he's really worth to prove the standard that he is. If he beats Magomed then that sets him up for fights with guys in the top 25. At LW if you enter towards the bottom it's easy to still be fighting guys ranked outside the top 50 in your 3rd or 4th fight.
Crazy that really elite fighters are willing to get paid less than what they are worth, just to prove how good they are. Hopefully, he gets a pay bump soon because that LW division is a shark tank from top to bottom.

Crazy that really elite fighters are willing to get paid less than what they are worth, just to prove how good they are. Hopefully, he gets a pay bump soon because that LW division is a shark tank from top to bottom.
Did he sign with the UFC?

Oh wow good move for him. Free agency is pretty healthy right now in mma. Glad to see.

Yep, still Vartanyan and Shabily available as lightweights to make a positive difference to someone's LW division.

Yep, still Vartanyan and Shabily available as lightweights to make a positive difference to someone's LW division.
I think Chandler was making upwards of 200k per fight, Bellator should use that money to make a move on Jones, Vartanyan, and Shabily. Think about that, 3 promising fighters for the price of 1.

I think Chandler was making upwards of 200k per fight, Bellator should use that money to make a move on Jones, Vartanyan, and Shabily. Think about that, 3 promising fighters for the price of 1.

I think Mason is pretty set on the UFC, I don't think they'd get him unless they made him a ridiculous offer.

Not sure on the other two. Some fighters would rather accept less money to sign for the UFC (and I guess hope to make more in the long run).

I think Mason is pretty set on the UFC, I don't think they'd get him unless they made him a ridiculous offer.

Not sure on the other two. Some fighters would rather accept less money to sign for the UFC (and I guess hope to make more in the long run).
Yes, I believe most fighters think more in terms of the prestige of being UFC fighters and the long term possibility of making more money for the UFC. Which is a fair point, because in the end, if you are successful in the UFC then money will not be an issue...probably.

Yes, I believe most fighters think more in terms of the prestige of being UFC fighters and the long term possibility of making more money for the UFC. Which is a fair point, because in the end, if you are successful in the UFC then money will not be an issue...probably.

I think especially so for Jones, he has an exciting style that could make him a star in the UFC. He reminds me of Justin Gaethje.

I think especially so for Jones, he has an exciting style that could make him a star in the UFC. He reminds me of Justin Gaethje.
Honestly, if Mason Jones plans on staying at WW, then I think the UFC is a better fit but if he is thinking about staying at LW then Bellator is the easiest road to the title and more money. Bit if his mind is set then he will be a great addition to any division he decides to stay.

Back