KSW LW + FW Champ Mateusz Gamrot Now A Free Agent

Idk, I think they need to make sure they get some of these guys signed up. They're passing on a lot of people at the moment and if they want to still be the org where the best fights the best then they can't let Bellator have so many of the best prospects. Bellator have now picked up Gonzales, Polizzi, Burnell, Berkhamov, Houston and Nemkov recently. There's still the likes of Chandler, Shabily, Gamrot, Kerimov, Magomedov and Tumenov available as free agents.

You can only let Bellator have so many before the rosters start to be genuinely comparable.
Are Shabily, Kerimov, Magomedov, and Tumenov free agents, though? If so, its baffling that neither the UFC or any other major promotion is making a move on them, particulary, Shabily and Kerimov.
I would also assume Bellator would be high on Tumenov, with him being a former UFC fighter and being pretty legit.

Are Shabily, Kerimov, Magomedov, and Tumenov free agents, though? If so, its baffling that neither the UFC or any other major promotion is making a move on them, particulary, Shabily and Kerimov.
I would also assume Bellator would be high on Tumenov, with him being a former UFC fighter and being pretty legit.

Shabily is fighting with a M1 I think which usually don't hold peole to contracts. Kerimov, Magomedov and Tumenov all left ACA (Kerimov and Tumenov vacated their titles) and haven't fought since.

I would imagine some organisations have asked, but they want to wait for the UFC. I read a rumour somewhere than Rizin offered Kerimov a lot of money.

Shabily was gonna fight last weekend but the fight fell off at the last minute, would expect him to sign with someone soon. He should be the UFC's next target.

Shabily was gonna fight last weekend but the fight fell off at the last minute, would expect him to sign with someone soon. He should be the UFC's next target.
IDK its very strange but the UFC isnt making any big movements. Save for Chimaev and Valiev, they have been signing a whole bunch of bums.
I honestly think the UFC is signing any fighters who are willing to fight for peanuts just to fill up their contractual obligation of events. They are probably looking to sign these guys for 12/12 or 20/20 but the fighters are wising up and going more to where the money is. This might be the reason why they have been signing a lot of bums just to fill out their cards. At the end of the day, the UFC is so good at marketing and has branded itself so good that they dont really need to have the best fighters just the idea of being UFC fighters is enough to sell the illusion.

Last edited:
Shabily is fighting with a M1 I think which usually don't hold peole to contracts. Kerimov, Magomedov and Tumenov all left ACA (Kerimov and Tumenov vacated their titles) and haven't fought since.

I would imagine some organisations have asked, but they want to wait for the UFC. I read a rumour somewhere than Rizin offered Kerimov a lot of money.
doesn't M1 have some sort of development deal with the UFC now that basically makes them a feeder?
I recall seeing people pissed or trolling others about it because it was basically the copromotion portion of why they wouldn't sign fedor.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/7/...bal-announce-landmark-partnership-deal-russia

Last edited:

M1? He's been fighting for ProFC, Fight Nights Global, ACB.

Shabily says UFC made an offer to him for Kazakhstan card.
But because UFC cancelled the card due to COVID the offer became invalid.

Shabily says UFC made an offer to him for Kazakhstan card.
But because UFC cancelled the card due to COVID the offer became invalid.
Would be interesting to know what the offer was

IDK its very strange but the UFC isnt making any big movements. Save for Chimaev and Valiev, they have been signing a whole bunch of bums.
I honestly think the UFC is signing any fighters who are willing to fight for peanuts just to fill up their contractual obligation of events. They are probably looking to sign these guys for 12/12 or 20/20 but the fighters are wising up and going more to where the money is. This might be the reason why they have been signing a lot of bums just to fill out their cards. At the end of the day, the UFC is so good at marketing and has branded itself so good that they dont really need to have the best fighters just the idea of being UFC fighters is enough to sell the illusion.
I think you hit the nail on the head 100%.

I've been watching Bellator, PFL, ONE and other orgs more often recently and it does not feel like they are inferior to the UFC, especially looking at Fight Night cards.

They never offered Mamed big money and he was a highly entertaining finishing-machine.

Why would they go out of their way to offer big money to Gamrot who is an all-jab decision-machine?

I dont like the direction the UFC is going. They are following the boxingn model plus they are making it very obviously a popularity contest
soon:

tenor.gif

Gamrot signed with UFC, he's fighting Magomed Mustafaev Oct 17th

Gamrot signed with UFC, he's fighting Magomed Mustafaev Oct 17th
Does Dana hate Gamrot or why is he being welcomed by Mustafaev? On a separate note, they are also in advanced talks with Chandler, apparently they are looking to make Ferguson vs Chandler. Sometimee they love throwing these new signings to the wolves.
If they also sign Chandler, this UFC LW division will be the best it has ever been. I guess with Connor out of the picture, the UFC is bolstering their LW division.

Does Dana hate Gamrot or why is he being welcomed by Mustafaev? On a separate note, they are also in advanced talks with Chandler, apparently they are looking to make Ferguson vs Chandler. Sometimee they love throwing these new signings to the wolves.
If they also sign Chandler, this UFC LW division will be the best it has ever been. I guess with Connor out of the picture, the UFC is bolstering their LW division.

Gamrot can beat Magomed imo (I really rate Magomed too), there's no point having a 17-0 guy come in and fight Luis Pena or someone.

They should pick up Vartanyan and Shabily who are both available at the moment too.

It's good matchmaking in my opinion. Why give softballs to guys like Gamrot and Chandler who have proven to be at the highest level outside of the UFC? You risk them getting dissapointing losses like Lombard or Brooks did.

Back