Kpop/Jpop Music Station Thread

doesn't sound as well mixed as it did in the episode, but great performance from Sleeq and Ailee from the MNET show Good Girl:

great, for me this is their first japanese release that is on the same level as their best korean stuff.
Yeah, it's really good. I wish it was able to get the attention and time it deserves but it's been kinda rushed due to world events. It basically got released the same day promos for More & More stopped lol. They can't really even promote it in Japan either since travel restrictions are still in place. It's a shame since it's their best release probably in Japan since 2018 for me.

The song is okay. <Fedor23>

i don't like being negative and there's some catchy stuff in this song for sure. in general though, i don't think blackpink's concept works for them in the way that it did for 2ne1. i think the chorus is too repetitive, and this song also has some ridiculous lyrics like "look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane" and "bring out the boss bitch." they're all talented and they'd do much better in a company that wasn't a shithole like YG.

SUNMI comeback:

Hwasa comeback:

two great tracks from two of my favorites. for me, Sunmi wins this duel.

^ this is how I watch K-POP. I put on a video of Bomi or some babe dancing, put the video on mute, play some progressive house over it and beat off. Fantastic!

"Up To You", an excellent new release by SILENT SIREN (a Japanese all-female band)

SILENT SIREN-「Up To You feat. 愛美 from Poppin’Party」
•Jun 19, 2020
SILENT_SIREN

City Pop enthusiast YUKIKA back (just choreo video for now):

also been out for a few days, but Seulgi and Irene's Monster:

Last edited:
i don't like being negative and there's some catchy stuff in this song for sure. in general though, i don't think blackpink's concept works for them in the way that it did for 2ne1. i think the chorus is too repetitive, and this song also has some ridiculous lyrics like "look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane" and "bring out the boss bitch." they're all talented and they'd do much better in a company that wasn't a shithole like YG.

That's Teddy production for you. I tell my kid (because obviously I'm not a Blink....) that the songwriters are too in love with that tritone interval.

All would've been forgiven if there were some nudity and scissor action.

I will allow them all into my polyamorous arrangement... but, my goodness, Jisoo looks amazing in that video.

Been away a bit but some bops not posted here yet.

Not as good as Any Song but still pretty good the only real downside is the 'hate this Summer day' part other than that solid. But damn is Rain aging like wine.

Good melody and beat but a little weak in the chorus also. But solid debut for them.

Good Summer vibe on this one. Her voice sound really good on this and it sort of reminds me of a Taeyeon song in some parts. Really decent.

Have to say didn't enjoy BP, Hwasa or Seulrene at all. Just didn't bring it for me. Really really like Sunmi tho.

Good melody and beat but a little weak in the chorus also. But solid debut for them.

yeah, thought this was really similar to early Twice. i think that song isn't even technically their debut, and is just the pre-debut release of the final song from their reality show.

also, Dreamcatcher's Gahyeon giving out more content by covering genius Stella Jang's Vanishing Paycheck:

yeah, thought this was really similar to early Twice. i think that song isn't even technically their debut, and is just the pre-debut release of the final song from their reality show.

also, Dreamcatcher's Gahyeon giving out more content by covering genius Stella Jang's Vanishing Paycheck:

Ah yes youre right it is just a pre release so bigger things to come im sure. I think November for their first real release.

Ah yes youre right it is just a pre release so bigger things to come im sure. I think November for their first real release.
got sucked into watching their reality show too. was glad to see Rio and Mayuka make it to the end and Mako, their leader, is very talented.

I also thought that was NiziU's debut track at first, but then I noticed it said "Pre-debut" in the description. Decent song though.

EXID just released their newest video. So they are still around...in Japan I guess. Sweet!

Back