Kpop/Jpop Music Station Thread

Their newest title just came out a while ago. Was wishing the chorus could of been more melodic, but I do think this one is a banger overall.

And Red Velvet releases another Summer bop. Hands down one of their better releases so far.

Great MVs from both groups I must say.

yeah, good stuff from both groups. as i expected Adios doesn't hit me the way Bon Bon Chocolat did, but Everglow is definitely still sticking with a relatively aggressive sound, which i like. i think Adios is a bit messy, but still pretty good.

Umpah Umpah is a good comeback after the weirdness of Zimzalabim, and a much more palatable summer song. still not up there with Red Flavor and Power Up imo, but Joy with that cowboy hat is an automatic A+.

classic Kisum-style rap about drinking:

and time to get hyped:

yeah, good stuff from both groups. as i expected Adios doesn't hit me the way Bon Bon Chocolat did, but Everglow is definitely still sticking with a relatively aggressive sound, which i like. i think Adios is a bit messy, but still pretty good.

Umpah Umpah is a good comeback after the weirdness of Zimzalabim, and a much more palatable summer song. still not up there with Red Flavor and Power Up imo, but Joy with that cowboy hat is an automatic A+.
Yep, I'm really liking where Everglow is going with that sound. Still not sure which title track I enjoy more though.

Indeed. Both Red Flavor and Power Up have a more of a Summer feel and are catchier compared to Umpah Umpah. Hah yeah Joy with a cowboy hat is great. I love it! Hopefully she wears it in one of the live peformances.

Ok Ok Ok, not Jpop or kpop
ImpoliteUnnaturalArthropods-small.gif

but interesting video concept

New one from FAKY and back to 5 members.

Getting hype for the Twice comeback. A few of the members individual teasers already dropped, including Mina's return today.

Happy to see it, looking good so far. All the members look good af in the teasers and the whole MV vibe is interesting from what little we got to go off right now.
Damn Momo without the fringe too.

Been trying to find the name of this song from The Green Hornet off and on for awhile. Timestamped, plays from 1:30 - 1:36. Anyone?

Getting hype for the Twice comeback. A few of the members individual teasers already dropped, including Mina's return today.

Happy to see it, looking good so far. All the members look good af in the teasers and the whole MV vibe is interesting from what little we got to go off right now.

Holy shit, Mina's teaser tho... Yeah this comeback is pretty hyped. I saw that their new title track is composed by JYP, along with Ollipop and Hayley Aitken, both of which did some good songs together. Pretty nice that the Korean version of Breakthrough will be on their new album. Not sure why Happy Happy isn't included in on their new album though. Was hoping it will be on there.

Been trying to find the name of this song from The Green Hornet off and on for awhile. Timestamped, plays from 1:30 - 1:36. Anyone?

i see other people looking for the song, but can't find it. sounds like a chinese song to me, but no idea what it's called.

can't wait.

it was good to see mina's teaser too.

My cousin lives in Japan so he updates me on J-Pop artists. I still prefer old school music. @Fork @Oku

My cousin lives in Japan so he updates me on J-Pop artists. I still prefer old school music. @Fork @Oku

you might also enjoy this music podcast from the university i went to:
Around the World in 80s Music - Japan

the podcast goes through music from the 80s with each episode focusing on a different country. the first episode is on japan and includes obviously a lot of city pop, but also some punk and i think even one japanese/armenian fusion track.

the episode on south korea:
Around the World in 80s Music - South Korea

this one includes one of my favorite asian 80's tracks of all time; Nami's Round and Round (Bingeul Bingeul)

you might also enjoy this music podcast from the university i went to:
Around the World in 80s Music - Japan

the podcast goes through music from the 80s with each episode focusing on a different country. the first episode is on japan and includes obviously a lot of city pop, but also some punk and i think even one japanese/armenian fusion track.

the episode on south korea:
Around the World in 80s Music - South Korea

this one includes one of my favorite asian 80's tracks of all time; Nami's Round and Round (Bingeul Bingeul)

Wow thanks for the tip. Going to tune in. @Fork

catching up on the "comeback" show Queendom, and the performance by AOA covering Mamamoo's Egotistic blew me away:

i think not only is the arrangement of this version of Egotistic superb, but it's definitely done in AOA's sound and actually really highlights their members. while she never really stood out musically to me before, Seolhyun's parts are particularly great, and Jimin's rap intro is also really good. i think their performance also built off of AOA's more structured choreography style while capturing some of Mamamoo's freewheeling performance style when the whole thing kicks off for the big finale. and the lefty lib in me loves the gender role reversal throughout the performance that gets turned up to 11 when the male dancers come out. that kind of confrontational performance is particularly great in a "play-it-safe" industry in relatively socially conservative korea.

Ma man! Can't say no to OMEGA TRIBE. I love their songs, especially this one. <{1-69}>

catching up on the "comeback" show Queendom, and the performance by AOA covering Mamamoo's Egotistic blew me away:

i think not only is the arrangement of this version of Egotistic superb, but it's definitely done in AOA's sound and actually really highlights their members. while she never really stood out musically to me before, Seolhyun's parts are particularly great, and Jimin's rap intro is also really good. i think their performance also built off of AOA's more structured choreography style while capturing some of Mamamoo's freewheeling performance style when the whole thing kicks off for the big finale. and the lefty lib in me loves the gender role reversal throughout the performance that gets turned up to 11 when the male dancers come out. that kind of confrontational performance is particularly great in a "play-it-safe" industry in relatively socially conservative korea.

Despite their low rankings, AOA's performances have been incredible. Makes me wish they have another comeback already. It's been so long...

Back