KO Slam Holland vs Ontiveros

dipstickjimmy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
After seeing the finishing Slam do you think deliberate Slams with head to head contact should be illegal?
Head butts are illegal so aside from arguing make everything legal should this be illegal? Its basically a deliberate head butt combined with a body lock TD.
DopeyLegalAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif

Reminds me of Tito vs Evan Tanner
da0831e6911699b7d3cdaf2537abd8e6.gif

Is this not clearly striking with your head?
What do you think?

I don’t think it’s intentional. If you have a good grip and position you aren’t going to move your head out of the way to avoid a head butt on the landing. It’s unfortunate that it happens sometimes but I don’t think it’s something that fighters are actually trying to do.

I don’t think it’s intentional. If you have a good grip and position you aren’t going to move your head out of the way to avoid a head butt on the landing. It’s unfortunate that it happens sometimes but I don’t think it’s something that fighters are actually trying to do.
I think the Tito one is very blatant. he did that on purpose for sure IMO. I think a fighter should move their head to avoid headbutting. Kind of like how they have to aim their kicks so they don't hit the groin. Control your weapons.

I think the Tito one is very blatant. he did that on purpose for sure IMO. I think a fighter should move their head to avoid headbutting. Kind of like how they have to aim their kicks so they don't hit the groin. Control your weapons.
Yeah because we do so well with eye pokes and shots to the back of the head.

This is a fight. It's fluid not static.

Accidents happen that can't be regulated.

The onvtiveros takedown was dragged crazy on here. Barely anything serious happened kids slam each other like that all the time. I think he panicked and quit. Maybe had a muscle spasm for a second. Ppl talk about like he was slammed down full force with his head twisting around

I duno if u look at the replay, one of the angles show that the t was the shoulder that slammed into the guy's head

Ontiveros is a can. I saw MVP elbow his skull in 5 years ago. You guys are making too much of this. It was just a can who got tossed and they stopped the fight. Moral of the story is less cans in the UFC.

His head seems to be on the neck anyways not the head, and it was also unintentional. If someone headbutted someone they just took down that's a different conversation because that's a headbutt.

You live by TKD, you die by TKD...kinda how it goes.

I agree ...messing with this with a rule change would hinder the sport too much

No1 grappling is gunna move there head incase of a accidently headbutt during a fast pace fight

What possible proof is there he did it on purpose...?? This is outlandish

Last edited:
After seeing the finishing Slam do you think deliberate Slams with head to head contact should be illegal?
Head butts are illegal so aside from arguing make everything legal should this be illegal? Its basically a deliberate head butt combined with a body lock TD.
DopeyLegalAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif

Reminds me of Tito vs Evan Tanner
da0831e6911699b7d3cdaf2537abd8e6.gif

Is this not clearly striking with your head?
What do you think?
Josh Burkman did that to Sam Morgan in the TUF 2 final. It should be illegal. It's like a head butt on steroids.

I think based on the current rules, whenever a fight is finished like that it should actually be considered a no contest but incompetence gets in the way. But it's a fight so I don't care, allow it.

The onvtiveros takedown was dragged crazy on here. Barely anything serious happened kids slam each other like that all the time. I think he panicked and quit. Maybe had a muscle spasm for a second. Ppl talk about like he was slammed down full force with his head twisting around
You win Dumbest take of day. Good job.

Kid goes out on a stretcher to the hospital. "He panicked and quit"

<3>

Anyways TS I definitely don't think kevin was intentional and it was his neck that was the injury I feel like it was more kevin's arm that caused his neck to be at a bad angle.

Last edited:
In Tito's defense his head is pretty big, it would be very hard to him to avoid contact there

pji6TfloDJVSJ5bklEY074GdpZUhbsxY1D3cxUOJxlNTNX_ghWPuQKe-kLnN0HGgKiM4OkCHGFqpW0ko5o3GNYhLUFhbMJHrAgPZwvhGx2nHmVJFX5XtoYedWOI

It happened and I dont think it was intentional.
Only thing that matters is that the guy is okay.

Yeah because we do so well with eye pokes and shots to the back of the head.

This is a fight. It's fluid not static.

Accidents happen that can't be regulated.
Agreed, but sometimes accidents are not accidents.

Please don't have children.

Back