News Knees To Grounded Opponent(Hands-Down) WILL Be ALLOWED - Per UFC Broadcast

I'd love to have Sanko with her hands / knees on the ground..

Isn't this why Gegard's win against Weidman wasn't a DQ?? Cus it didn't matter that Weidman's hands were on the ground....wasn't that 2017?!
It was because they had changed the rule to having to have both palms on the ground instead of a finger. But whether to change the rule was left up to the commission in each state NY accepted the new rule but others like Vegas kept it as one finger was down.

It was because they had changed the rule to having to have both palms on the ground instead of a finger. But whether to change the rule was left up to the commission in each state NY accepted the new rule but others like Vegas kept it as one finger was down.
Okay, and now it won't matter even if both palms are flat on the mat? Two knees or you're fair game?

Okay, and now it won't matter even if both palms are flat on the mat? Two knees or you're fair game?
You'd probably be mostly correct by assuming that whatever states still have the one hand down rule right now will probably not accept this rule change either.

And one knee down is still grounded

I hope Evloev knee hims to living death
Sterling was on his knees when Yan kneed him to the head, that's still illegal. Evloev was the one dragging his fingers on the ground while Arnold Allen was destroying him with knees. They stopped the sequence cause Evloev was playing the finger tip game.

So now Jon Jones can't do that spider crawl that he opens his fights with.

Or he can, but now he can be kicked and kneed.

With the current rules, that R1 start has always been obnoxious to me. He's basically set aside 3 seconds of the round for his opponents to watch his theatrics, knowing they can't kick at him until he's finished his little routine. Talk about ego.

Vitor didn't give a fook.

Back