Kinda weird how hard jan is

Ever noticed how stiff he is when trowing punches? I mean not even making a critique on it cause it works for him and is kinda crazy how much power he generates, but what is the reason for that? He choses to fight this way or is just the way his body is built? Vettori trows simipar punches as well
In before the Sherbruhs complain about expecting to see his boner.

giphy.gif

People are built different and find their own strengths and flows. How can anyone say he is a bad striker after he outstruck a "master" striker in Izzy?

George Foreman once said, "I may telegraph my punches ... but the message gets through."

Ha... Good quote

But George was being self deprecating late in his career.

Forman was one hell of a boxer and it's overlooked because of his power .... His Resume is a thing of beauty even including his comeback in the 80's.

He performed in SAVAGE TIMES against some of the all time greats of two generations and gave them all hell.

He was far smarter than he let on, even if he sometimes left the script in his younger days to just bang.

Ever noticed how stiff he is when trowing punches? I mean not even making a critique on it cause it works for him and is kinda crazy how much power he generates, but what is the reason for that? He choses to fight this way or is just the way his body is built? Vettori trows simipar punches as well
He's old and unathletic. It's really that simple. Good for him for showing up though. He seems to really be able to make due with what skills he has.

You'd think he'd be weak in the knees. If I'm his coach I'm not letting him near her for a month before the fight.
huh? u talking that testosterone myth in sports? pretty much been debunked like 15 years ago lol

I would go with how he is built. I think build and muscle type has allot to do with how one fights. Especially at that high level. Seems Jan has to fight like a moving fortress. Slow but direct with his power. What gets me is how accurate he can be when he is in his zone.

I think he is built like a wall. Corn fed as some say. Just dense bone and solid and slow but powerful. He is not too slow either so it makes its trickier. We see from the outside but it is much different in that cage. He must possess some power because if he didn't he would be taken out by now.

I still till this day was shocked when Chris Weidman won against AS. I go with AS was past his prime. But, most MMA fighters said Chris would match up well. When I was looking at videos, AS looks light years past Chris in striking. I was wondering why so many MMA fighters said Chris matched up well, but, they are trained and see things fans don't. I get the his take down would be good too. However, Chris proved to keep moving forward. That was something I was not use to. The constant ability to move forward is what Chris and Jan seem to share.

Crazy to think Jan had barely any KOs before his last streak.

stiffness actually increases power. it works for him.

Back