Kinda weird how hard jan is

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ever noticed how stiff he is when trowing punches? I mean not even making a critique on it cause it works for him and is kinda crazy how much power he generates, but what is the reason for that? He choses to fight this way or is just the way his body is built? Vettori trows simipar punches as well

Some fighters are not as fluid with their strikes and may even look robotic but if the power is their, as is the case for Jan it isn't much of a matter.

Despite of him being mundane and stiff he's a patient striker, looks for his shots. Knows the couple of strong weapons he has. Good jab and straight right, power hooks, heavy left body kick.

And what he did against Adesanya: Ducks down, waits for Izzy's move, sees nothing and fires a right straight upstairs. Need experience to be that comfortable against a pro striker like Izzy.

Ever noticed how stiff he is when trowing punches? I mean not even making a critique on it cause it works for him and is kinda crazy how much power he generates, but what is the reason for that? He choses to fight this way or is just the way his body is built? Vettori trows simipar punches as well
He actually makes other people hard and stiff by knocking them out. That's how hard and stiff Jan was able to knock out Luke Rockhard
KilL9S_T0pj0hAZC60dZgIAi2IyOTAxOPLLN_fCx52I.jpg
YSZG2L2ZPJBBBBDJ66AXZFOQAM.jpg

Last edited:
Theres many ways to get power to a target...

Momentum and fluidity is one way.....

But there other ways ...Jan is able to get his body behind his clean shots and transfers alot of power from using straight punches with leverage hes also pretty good at countering and the shot you dont see is usually the one that gets you

The other crazy thing about vettori is that for a dude his size, for as many punches as he landed on costa, 99% of those punches have zero power behind them. There were a few times in that fight he landed cleanly but most of his punches are very short with very little power.

Wut? He looked smooth as hell vs Adesanya, who happens to be one of the smoothest strikers in the sport.

Hendo was a good example of a stiff KO artist
I mean his footwork is, he is very good striker don't get me wrong but its kinda crazy how stiff his arms seem to be, like his punches don't curve

i thought jan sucked to be honest. very stiff and clunky looking when he fights. and it was panning out this way too as he started to lose ufc fights. but then i continued to watch and hes similar to a guy like glover. big powerful and lots of muscle. stiff and not that flexible. guys like this tend to hit way harder and are extremely hard to submit. i think its just his level of strength and the type of athlete / build he has. add really good technique and fight iq to that and you have something special . i thought guys like yan and glover would be beaten out of the ufc after 5 fights easy. both have proven me wrong. more than one body type and movement type is effective in fighting. the strongest guys in the world have no flexibility usually. it takes special hybrid style athletes to be as strong and powerful but also maintain flexibility and smooth movement.

Despite of him being mundane and stiff he's a patient striker, looks for his shots. Knows the couple of strong weapons he has. Good jab and straight right, power hooks, heavy left body kick.

And what he did against Adesanya: Ducks down, waits for Izzy's move, sees nothing and fires a right straight upstairs. Need experience to be that comfortable against a pro striker like Izzy.

This. Jan is a great example of basics and fundamentals winning fights.

Reactions: MCS
The second half of Dan Hardy's video on the Glover vs Jan fight breakdown explains how he can generate so much power.

Jan starts rotating in his feet, then hips, then finally to shoulders. Like he did in the Rockhold KO. But the Reyes fight was more just a piston of a right hand without much wind up.

Start at 10:37 for Jan power breakdown

Back