Killer Double Leg Takedown

I usually use hip throws/brute strength from the clinch for my takedowns, or maybe a slam if the opportunity presents itself. I'm too big and slow to shoot in quickly or effectively.

Because if you don't your going to have to shoot through his head & that isn't going to work: remember the Henderson v. Bustamante fight and the whining about a head butt, it wasn't a head butt it was good takedown defense & poor shot selection. Bustamante tried a shot from a higher position, going downwards through Henderson's head, Henderson changed his level & Bustamante smashed his own face. Good example of what happens if you try to shoot through your opponent's head.
And have a variety of takedowns like the Hansen va Imanari fight where the shoot came SO many times the knee to the head was almost inevitable...
---------------------------------------------------
Hansen Vs Imanari (Pride Bushido 8)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=27WZFDXT
---------------------------------------------------

I find the shoot risky myself, but then as a judoka we dont really train for it exactly. I prefer to remain standing & on balance if possible if the throw fails, not down on my knees begging for a kick/punch to the head.

Back