Crime Kid turns in his father for capital riots, sets up gofundme and now has over$58K

I'm a fan of comics and I had ordered a Hulkbuster Vs. The Hulk statue. The company that shipped it sent me two of both and one of them had a different name and address. My son who was 20 at the time was home from college and said instantly, "Dad you have to send that back."

The thought of keeping it never crossed my mind but it made me feel proud that my son had voiced doing the right thing to me. With the help of the Good Lord, he was raised to be an honorable man.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to stand by and do nothing.

Good for that kid.

Every time i see one of these threads about family turning on each other over politics i die a little inside. America really did forget about gay jesus

It's actually the epitome of placing love for "the truth" above all else, even one's own kin. It's exactly what Jesus commanded his followers to do.

"He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me." - Matthew 10:37

I love how you left this part of the story out:

"Then his father leveled a threat: If Jackson, 18, reported him to the police, he would have no choice but to do his “duty” for his country and “do what he had to do.”

In interviews with investigators, Jackson Reffitt said his father told him: “If you turn me in, you’re a traitor. And you know what happens to traitors. Traitors get shot.”"

If you threaten to shoot your kid, I no longer have any sympathy for you when said kid turns your ass in for your own stupidity. Outside of just this situation, being family doesn't mean you get to treat your kids like garbage and have no consequences for it, it's mind blowing to me that so many conservatives on this site feel that way. If you want your kids to treat you like family, treat them like family. Simple as that. If you can't manage that, don't complain when your kids don't consider you family.

Liberals have really destroyed the significance of the word "Hero" in recent years. Really have set your standards low for that word.

Not for nothing, but the kind of guy who threatens to shoot his children if they turn him in to the police should absolutely be turned in to the police.

And yes, I know he did it before the warning, almost like the kid knew he was a dangerous lunatic.

Liberals have really destroyed the significance of the word "Hero" in recent years. Really have set your standards low for that word.

Kid's dad is part of a militia group, said he wanted to do something "big", went to DC with gun, entered the capital building, told his son he would shoot him if he snitched....yeah, perfectly normal situation there.
<BidenShutIt>

No, certainly not. This is the kind of brain dead thinking common on the right.

Similar things are the same thing. Similar things can have varying degrees of bad, some are clearly worse than others.

Forcing your way through multiple police barricades and beating a cop to death on the steps of the nations capitol while armed and calling for the heads of elected officials while congress is in session is clearly worse than your run of the mill riot.

Seeing the context is also essential. So a riot launched in celebration of an NBA championship win is profoundly different than a riot launched to stop the certification of a presidential election.

Seeing the context is also essential. So a riot launched in celebration of an NBA championship win is profoundly different than a riot launched to stop the certification of a presidential election.

Actually they're the same.

<TheDonald>

No, certainly not. This is the kind of brain dead thinking common on the right.

Similar things are the same thing. Similar things can have varying degrees of bad, some are clearly worse than others.

Forcing your way through multiple police barricades and beating a cop to death on the steps of the nations capitol while armed and calling for the heads of elected officials while congress is in session is clearly worse than your run of the mill riot.
So noone got killed, no calls for violence were made and noone was trespassing in all the other riots? You should change your name to irrational poster.

This partisan our riots are fine but yours are treason is getting tiresome. Also you never answered me if you find it ok to sell out your family so ill just take that as a yes.

It's actually the epitome of placing love for "the truth" above all else, even one's own kin. It's exactly what Jesus commanded his followers to do.

"He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me." - Matthew 10:37
Dont really care for regular jesus, only gay jesus is ok in my book :)

After seeing the context I don't really have a problem with this. It sounds like the dad was a nut case on the verge of committing violence.

Got to say I like how the kid doesnt gives no fucks about his dad and the consequences he must face now. Seems like it pays to turn in people as well now adays. If any of you sherdoggers were in the riots please message me, I promise not to turn you in and not set up a GoFundMe after. I would just like to give you good advice.

https://news.yahoo.com/son-tipped-off-fbi-father-130645821.html
POS kid for turning in dad.

If the dad had murdered an innocent person, or abused a child I could understand but storming the Capitol is way low on the list of things to turn in your family,

So noone got killed, no calls for violence were made and noone was trespassing in all the other riots? You should change your name to irrational poster.

This partisan our riots are fine but yours are treason is getting tiresome. Also you never answered me if you find it ok to sell out your family so ill just take that as a yes.

Only one riot was literally sedition.

Storming the capitol building isn't just politics, it's a serious crime.
Wisconsin_1.jpg

https://isthmus.com/news/cover-story/capitol-occupation-walker-protest-house/

Back