Media Khamzat's fraudulent wrestling record exposed

Very weird indeed -- kinda funny how shit like that gets brushed under the rug lol

For Shavkat those were both in WMMAA, their org is majority amateur bouts as designated by Sherdog and Tapology. Their Facebook page even says "World MMA Association manages & develops mixed martial arts in the world, establishes rules & procedures governing amateur MMA competitions."

According to Sherdog fight finder, he went pro before they fought though... any reason why the fights would be amateur instead of pro? Usually once you go pro, you are banned from amateur fights, no? https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Shavkat-Rakhmonov-179185

It's not like boxing

Today I think the bouts would be considered pro bouts by the IMMAF (merged with WMMAA) standards, but back then since he was under 21 years old they might have decided he should compete as an amateur.

Also sometimes it seems kind of random which bouts are which anyway. But the WMMAA fights are pretty consistent, at least as far as Shavkat is concerned, all are amateur bouts.

Last edited:
Two things -

First of all, is that really him? I get that there's his mother's last name, but that's not the same first name, either.

And if that actually is him....

It is claimed that he's undefeated in open FREESTYLE WRESTLING in Sweden.

Those videos are Greco-Roman.

Which makes sense because sweden historically excels at Greco Roman, but not so much at freestyle. If he was undefeated in Greco Roman in sweden, that would be far more impressive.

Still, the guy is a good mma fighter and that's all that matters for my interests

For Shavkat those were both in WMMAA, their org is majority amateur bouts as designated by Sherdog and Tapology. Their Facebook page even says "World MMA Association manages & develops mixed martial arts in the world, establishes rules & procedures governing amateur MMA competitions."
Thanks for the responses

Can't see his face. Can't verify if it's Khamzat Chimaev but maybe. He has zero loss in UFC though so it's not pretty much that past will matter in MMA record. But I will congratulate whoever defeats him.

Both guys he lost to has competed internationally. They aren't world champs but were no chumps for sure, great greco wrestlers. They would beat Nickal the same, in greco. So respect to Khamzat for competing in greco.
However, when people say Khamzat is a swedish champion in freestyle wrestling like it's a good thing.. It's a useless measuring stick, like there has never been a good swedish freestyle wrestler.
What is clear is that he is a great wrestler in MMA! But talking about the olympics in wrestling, my good chill😂

Who cares? It's like when I bring up that Shavkat lost twice to the same guy in MMA (much more relevant than amateur wrestling), one of them after he had numerous pro fights and still gets touted as an undefeated fighter

His amateur wrestling record doesn't guarantee anything in MMA. Same goes for Bo
I did not know this. I just looked it up and see that it was Amateur MMA which is confusing in that he had 4 pro fights before the second loss.

What is more confusing is that it was in the WMMA - 2014 World Championships - Finals & WMMA - 2015 World Championships - Finals. How can someone compete in MMA & WMMA? Will the UFC add a WW division to the women's side to ensure Shavkat will become a 2 division champion?

Also will Gadzhimurad Khiramagomedov get the Alex Pereira treatment and be fast tracked to a WW title shot if Shavkat clears out the mens and womens WW division?

As long as his wrestling is sufficient to take down Whittaker it really doesn't matter where it was 5 or 10 years ago. He's not an Olympian and I don't think he was ever claimed to be some great wrestling phenom. He's a very promising fighter, wrestling pedigree be damned.

His wrestling was more than enough for the WW division. Soon we'll know if it's good enough for MW.

I did not know this. I just looked it up and see that it was Amateur MMA which is confusing in that he had 4 pro fights before the second loss.

What is more confusing is that it was in the WMMA - 2014 World Championships - Finals & WMMA - 2015 World Championships - Finals. How can someone compete in MMA & WMMA? Will the UFC add a WW division to the women's side to ensure Shavkat will become a 2 division champion?

Also will Gadzhimurad Khiramagomedov get the Alex Pereira treatment and be fast tracked to a WW title shot if Shavkat clears out the mens and womens WW division?
How has that guy done since?

How has that guy done since?
9-2 as an Ammy and 13-6 as a Pro. Since his last win over Shavkat 1-1 Ammy and 12-5 as a Pro. But the UFC can just sign him and give him 4-5 easy style match ups and boom instant contender for Shavkat.

Reactions: HHJ
Well, I would like to say that Im shocked but Im not as this seems to be a quite common phenomena with fighters from this region and this cultural background!

We had a guy in Austria who got his first loss while he was competing as Hasan Khamzatov, then later re-started the career as Hasan Chamzatov. He should have gotten his 2nd loss then against Bosnian fighter Ahmed Vila by submission but as the event was organized by his team they turned it into a NC and stated that he didnt tap and at this event the ref had no power to stop the fight if the fighter didnt tap (ridiculous, I know, but you can look the whole fight and incident up on youtube). Didnt help him because he lost his next two by submission so then he did what most guys from this region and cultural background do, as soon as he saw that he is not the next coming of Rocky Marciano he quit because he was not man enough to handle a loss.

Thats why you have so many post fights in Russia, its like 99% guys from this cultural background who just cant handle losses and then freak out afterwards. Especially if they lose against somebody from a different cultural background. Just look it up, youtube is full of such suckerpunches etc.

9-2 as an Ammy and 13-6 as a Pro. Since his last win over Shavkat 1-1 Ammy and 12-5 as a Pro. But the UFC can just sign him and give him 4-5 easy style match ups and boom instant contender for Shavkat.
Something to keep in the back pocket anyway

Guess he made a good decision on moving to MMA and getting upset is good too. Imagine losing and being happy about it.

TS is such a drama queen.

Back