• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you disqualify Jon Jones from the GOAT talk?

Do you disqualify Jon Jones from the GOAT talk?

• Total voters
I would disqualify you from Sherdog, for redundant nonsensical postingsđź’©

God bless you for that absolutely breath taking post. I thought the poster was a 4chanbot. His posts were remixes of the same song with a different 808 kick.

May the LORD show you his favor and give you his peace.

Last edited:
The GOAT talk is an opinion post and subjective. Some people have GSP instead of Fedor, and others have Fedor instead of Jones, and Jones instead of GSP.

The reality is that Prime GSP never faced Prime Cormier, who never faced Prime Velasquez, when in his prime, and Prime Fedor never faced prime Jones, and Prime Silva never faced Prime Crocop. The greatest of all time is really subjective and doesn't work imo. I do not think prime GSP could beat Prime Jones.

I do not think that prime GSP had more tools than prime jones. I think Jones based on his talent and skill set was one of the greatest in the UFC. I think his skillset, talent and his abilities in his prime were superior to GSP's who i thought was good but not on that level. I do not think that Silva would have been able to beat a prime jon jones, so i cannot put him ahead of someone I think was a more talented fighter.

The reality is that these views are subjective along with the pros and your cons. I think the PED issue is good for jones as it brings him down to size to the other fighters on the list, without it, the other fighters in the UFC would not be close sto Jones legacy as a fighter. Anyone who thinks GSP had more tools and or was a better fighter than jones is either retarded of trolling. Jones in his prime could flat out fight and the rule with him in his prime was do not let it hit the ground. I look at that in terms of Silva and the rest on that list, i do not think they touch him in his prime.

Last edited:
Rather than exclude him too though as you say people instead seem to be rather selective about it. It's almost like they're just being subjective about whatever helps their favourite fighters and don't have an objective stance on it.
Yeah That's always been the issue. Not everyone is treated the same

Everyone can have their own opinions on who is the goat

But Jones will always be my goat, not only for his achievements but for his contributions to humanity
View attachment 1044732
View attachment 1044733
Crazy how the only photos of jones doing any thing decent are computer generated

I don’t disqualify him. But it brings him down a bit. Without it I still wouldn’t call him the goat

Jones is the GOAT. I mean, comparing accomplishments, he is the king there, no one comes too close

Jon Jones is undeniably the pound for pound PED GOAT. Aka Mr. Pico(gram).

It's literally split down the middle as far as opinions. I think jones was on way more gear than everyone even during pre USADA. Anderson I don't count because of the leg break. And he beat chael who on more juice than even jones probably.

So ped speculations allowed? Mods fell off

Mods have fallen off a long time ago. This place is a zoo and sadly they have become part of the problem and indulge in the bashing and idiocy. If it was not for a select few bunch of posters who try to play peacemaker this place would have fallen into bedlam.

I miss the old Sherdog where the mods actually did their job and they hired real mods that actually enforced rules like Petey. They also use to merge long threads about the same thing. The new mods are a travesty and should be fired. At least keep some discipline on here with the threads and the craziness.

Last edited:
Funny that goat contenders, and other fighters always refer to JJ as the #1. Khabib said JJ is the GOAT tied with Fedor. Chimaev said no one can be even pfp #1 when JJ is still there. Khabib's father, when Jones was thinking of getting to HW, stated that when it comes to fighting, Jones is #1... GSP recently said that speaking of GOAT, Jones would be the one for sure....

...... The fans though have their own lalaland in which they just like to talk shit to someone no one there from the field takes his credit from getting to where he got. I understand that Jon Jones has done despicable things no fight related, and is a controversial figure. But leaving the dislike for who he is aside is essential to evaluate things objectively, otherwise you have some ppl trying to even take him from goat talk when GOAT contenders like GSP and Khabib say he's the GOAT... It's just bizarre the discrepancy between bitter fans and actual fighters there...

Goat lhw (I dont have p4p one). In some weird way he did better on paper than in octagon. Few very close fights.
Every pro fighter use something.

Everyone at some point in their career at that high a level has juiced.

Deal with it.

Because he was caught taking PEDs?

Do you also disqualify Anderson Silva?

or both different scenarios?

jones-silvajpg.jpg
Jon was cleared and so was anderson and as far as Jon's concerned the commission and sport hes innocent..

Because he was caught taking PEDs?

Do you also disqualify Anderson Silva?

or both different scenarios?

jones-silvajpg.jpg

No, peds don’t give you fight iq or striking ability. I’d only really exclude pressure wrestlers or endurance fighters

Back