• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Khamzat Chimaev Unhappy With Dana White for Not Delivering Promised Title Shot

Who would have thought that barely beating a washed welterweight who took the fight on short notice wouldn't be enough to get a middleweight title shot.

Let Khazmat put in real work, I am getting tired of this guy jumping around trying to get title shots on tweets and rise in his popularity. If he were such a badass he would give Usman a real camp and prove he's truly the better fighter.
Honestly My issues is that it's all hype. Dricus went on a 6 fight winning streak at MW with 5 finishes before he got a title shot. Khamzat doesn't even have 5 MW fights.

maybe fight twice a year at MW JUST ONE TIME then start talking about titles.

Dana probably said something loosely like he is next in line. Just the line is fluid with others in it. Don’t recall Dana publicly announcing Khamzat next . Khamzat complaining and calling Dana a liar not going to help. No argument on the liar implication. But in this case a bit hard to believe Khamzat would be next since he has not done enough to warrant a title shot.

Either get him a title fight with DDP or give him strickland.

Isn’t this guy always sick or quitting mma because he is sick. Maybe he should talk to the make a wish foundation, im sure they can help him get a belt.
Or you know he could suck it up stop crying and I dunno maybe fight a MW in the top 10

Israel vs Khamzat announcement for 300 incoming.
giphy.gif

What a n00b...he fell for 'Dana said...' - LOL

Khamzat can just shush too...he in no way deserves a title shot (or even a #1 contender fight) and can try fighting a couple of top 10 guys first to EARN his way up the ranks.

100% do not give Cannonier a title shot. Dudes old, dude already lost a title shot where he looked like shit, got styled on by Rob and most thought he lost to Strickland. Dude is 4-1 or 2-1 in his last 3 and 5. Just no. Izzy needs a win, can't get two immediate title shots off losses in like 18 months time.

But someone's gotta fight Dricus, either Izzy or Khamzat I think. If they do the Strickland rematch, whatever. Khamzst should face either Izzy or Cannonier next if no title shot, which I'm okay with him needing another W.
He fought a different champ,  didn't lose to Strickland, 2-1 and 4-1 are good records especially when that 1 was the title shot, so I'm not sure how that's a knock against him, especially when Strickland had a worse one when he challenged.

Isn't known to anyone, but Allen extending his win streak to 7 with a win over #5 Vettori in April should be a good contender

Why give a guy a title shot who can't even fight in the US? Not too good for business.

He needs to fight way more and also beat more top guys. The only MWs he has fought in UFC is Gerald Meerschaert and John Philips lol. He needs to do way more than that. Yeah he has a couple of razor close decision wins at WW against 2 good fighters, but thats not enough for MW title shot.

I like Meerschaert, but lets be honest he is old and has been beat so many times

John Philips is a drunk British sailor, dreadful fighter from the fun fair.

Everyone else is at WW. Even at WW he hasn't fought tons of guys either. Burns and Usman are very good fighters, but those fights were beyond close

Dude is probably still in the dog house for him screwing them on UFC 279.

If Izzy wants and is able to fight it will be Izzy vs DDP at 300. Much more of story to tell than Khamzat vs DDP.

Back