Media Khamzat Chimaev looking very sharp on the pads

Will he become champion in 2024?

• Total voters
Dude is such a potential world beater.

I voted no, but who knows. For some fighters the strategy seems to be to fight as little as possible to keep the risk of losing low, while remaining relevant on social media and keeping their names in the headlines. Khamzat unfortunately seems to fall into this category. I like him too, but not active enough.

If he gets a title shot in 2024, he gets the title IMO.

If UFC gives him a big fight Sherdog will bitch he doesn't deserve it.
If UFC refuses to give him a big fight Sherdog will bitch that he hasn't beaten anyone.
If UFC gives him a big fight and he wins Sherdog will bitch that it didn't count and that his opponent was a LW (if #2 ranked WW) or 80 years old without knees (if #1 ranked WW)

Sick of this game already. Give him a title shot already
If people have differing opinions, you’ll bitch about it.

I'm not that impressed. Most fighters can look like a super star striker if the guy on the pads is any good at his job.

ezgif.com-resize-15.gif

Khamzat with the Rousey head movement

I remember when people (to include Dana who promised a title shot) said give him at least 1 legit WW. Then he beat the #2 ranked guy and they said no title shot. Too busy giving Colby 3 title shots based on his win off RDA 15 years ago or whatever the fuck it was.

Then I remember when people said give him at least 1 legit MW. They did and Costa dropped. Then he fought the #1 ranked WW at MW and Dana again said title shot if he won. Then they said no again. Too busy having superstar Izzy fight 3 title fights over his last 3 fights with a record of 1-2.

Why would the third time be any different? If he beat Jared do you think all the people that make 40 Khamzat hate threads based on the lie UFC told them at 279 would change their mind? They'd all just toss Jared in the toilet like they did Gilbert and Kamaru.
Although i agree with some what your saying...

Lets not pretend the two times khamzat has faced top competition he looked pedestrian and by some people's cards lost both fights or atleast lost to short notice Usman who was fighting at MW for the first time...

Context matters he didn't get the title shots because in those big fight moments he has not done all that well...he panicked at the idea of fighting Nate diaz for 5 rounds during a bad weight cut...and decided to miss weight by 8.5lbs while giving everyone the finger and when hes faced legit champion calibre opponents hes looked beatable....

So i mean... Hes gotta earn the title shot with more then just yelling I KIEL EVERYONE ..

If UFC gives him a big fight Sherdog will bitch he doesn't deserve it.
If UFC refuses to give him a big fight Sherdog will bitch that he hasn't beaten anyone.
If UFC gives him a big fight and he wins Sherdog will bitch that it didn't count and that his opponent was a LW (if #2 ranked WW) or 80 years old without knees (if #1 ranked WW)
no. if he gets a top 5 win at mw, that will probably satisfy most critics. although if he looks terrible, or if it's controversial, people might not as be enthusiastic about him getting a shot.
Sick of this game already. Give him a title shot already
the guy needs to fight more. he had a lot of hype, but a lot of it has died down due to inactivity. there's no rush to give some guy a title shot who will sit out for most of the year.

Inwill say it rigjt now he is best mw or ww there is dana does not want to give him title shoot who.cares ot os by design so to.me he is the best mw or ww and nobody can touch him

Khamzat career wise has been a huge ass let down. Went from being super active to barely fighting. I guess the best word to describe him is exhausting.

Back