News Khamzat Chimaev is officially ranked in the top 15. He enters at #15 in the welterweight division.

<36>

100% he is getting a TS if he beats Leon Edwards.
Is that a problem?

Jorge should get a title shot if he beat Leon.
Colby should get a title shot if he beat Leon.
Khamzat should get a title shot if he beat Leon.
My landscaper who comes every other Saturday should get a title shot if he beat Leon.

Rankings will always be a joke.

And hey I like Chimaev and all aboard the train...but does he deserve it,

Nope.

Is that a problem?

Jorge should get a title shot if he beat Leon.
Colby should get a title shot if he beat Leon.
Khamzat should get a title shot if he beat Leon.
My landscaper who comes every other Saturday should get a title shot if he beat Leon.

Definitely he should get the TS.

But aside from all that I am feeling cornered for Leon's well being sharing the octagon with Borz is hazardous. I geninuely feel like his gonna hurt him.. Smesh loading.
tenor.gif

Rankings have always been a joke and always will be a joke with the UFC having a say.
It’s unrealistic for him to be ranked at 15 at WW, he only has 1 fight there and it’s against a ufc debutant who lost his last fight.

It would make more sense to have someone like Sean Brady at 15 - this is honestly baffling. Lmao

Baldfather has bamboozled you guys with fairy dust into believing these rankings have validity

Comedy.

Maybe Dana was going like "listen guys, we need to put this kid in the top 15 before his next fight so it doesn't look too goofy"

<31>

And instead of finally getting rid of Robbie Lawler they decide to move him up
Looks like they treated the outcome of Lawler/Askren as a straight up win for Lawler.

Two of his three ufc wins are already cut or nearly cut. His quality of opponents was NOT high enough to validate a ranking. Don’t even try to play
Since when does the UFC/Dana need to validate anything they do?. Every move made is for the sole purpose of making back some of those billions of dollars.

It sucks to see a just bleed champ like Robbie just floating around the bottom 15, at risk of falling out. I hope he retires sooner than later.

Where the hell is Nate?
Even though Mas pieced him up its strange he's not in the top 15....

I guess I missed the message he was semi-retired?

Makes sense to drop RDA since he's a LW now officially. Keeping Diaz would be dumb, and he should be removed, but the UFC has had inactive people ranked much longer whenever they like the fighter, so there seems to be some real "pick-em" logic for dropping him.

Fighters that should have gotten this over Khamzat? Here's some fast facts.
  • Daniel Rodriguez: 13-1 (3-0 UFC). Debuted just in Feb on short notice and choked Tim Means. Dominated a decision over Gabriel Green. Then KO'ed Dwight Grant in the first round in a firefight. Perfomances were good, maybe not as flawless, but Means is a much bigger win than Meerschaert.
  • Anthony Rocco Martin (Tony Martin): 17-6 (9-6 UFC, but 5-2 at WW). Had a tough lightweight run but stepped up his game at welterweight. Has beaten the likes of Keita Nakamura, Ryan LaFlare, Jake Matthews, Sergio Moraes, and Ramazan Emeev (combined record of 93-18-2 (1). Has losses against respectable ranked opponents in Maia and Magny, though the Magny fight was a robbery. (Depends if he re-signed).
  • Jake Matthews: 17-4 (10-4 UFC, but 6-1 at WW). Dropped to LW for the UFC, also had a fairly promising, then suddenly stopping, career there. Went back up to WW for a strong run with his Martin loss sandwiched between two 3 fight win streaks.
  • Ramazan Emeev: 18-4 (4-1 UFC). Came in at middleweight just like Khamzat and won his debut and 2 more at WW. He dropped a decision to Martin, then came back with another win. Dominant wrestler who, aside from his fight against underrated Martin, beat his opponents in every round of the fights he won.
  • Muslim Salikhov: 17-2 (4-1 UFC). Lost in his debut, then came back with 2 big knockouts and a 4 fight win streak over Rainey, Taleb, Staropoli, and Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos.
  • James Krause: 28-8 (9-4 UFC). Bounces between more weights than even Khamzat. 3 Early losses at lightweight taint his record, but one was Masvidal, and the other was getting kicked in the dick 3 times by Bobby Green until BJM went blind, decided he had enough of the fouls, and called it a TKO. Since moving up, he's gone 7-1, with the 1 loss being a day's notice fight at middleweight with a highly contested scorecard
Maybes:
  • Sean Brady: 14-0 (3-0 UFC). Pre-UFC career includes a win over UFC washout Colton Smith (who went on a 4 fight win streak after being cut). Has 3 wins in the UFC over Court McGee, Ismail Naurdiev, and Christian Aguilera
  • Claudio Silva: 14-2 (5-1 UFC). Came into the UFC on a 9 fight win streak and extended it to 14 after a 5-0 run over Brad Scott, Leon Edwards, Nordine Taleb, Danny Roberts, and Cole Williams. Recently dropped his last fight to Krause. What hurts his streak is a 4 year delay in competition after beating Leon Edwards due to a terrible string of injuries.
  • Li Jingliang: 17-6 (9-4 UFC). Always an underrated fighter, seems to flip very well between banging and grinding in fights. He's 7-2 in his last 9 with 5 KO's. The 2 losses being decisions being against Magny and the already-referenced Jake Matthews.
  • Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos: 22-7 (8-3 UFC). Dropped a 50-50 split decision in his debut, but has gone 7-2 in his last 9 with 3 FotN performances. Only losses to the above-mentioned Jingliang & Salikhov (a highly disputed decision)
  • Shakvat Rakhmonov: 13-0 (1-0 UFC). Why should a guy 1-0 in the UFC be ranked over Khamzat? He shouldn't. But if anyone argues that the above guys, despite having done more than Khamzat shouldn't be ranked above him because they're not as good (not how rankings work), then I'll counter that with Shavkat. Undefeated M-1 champion came into the UFC and jumped a guillotine first round against Brazilian Cowboy. Since UFC competition apparently doesn't matter, his body of work is better than Khamzat's.
Would be ranked above him, if they were eligible:
  • Santiago Ponzinibbio: Do I even really need to argue this one?
  • Michel Prazeres: 26-3 (9-3 UFC). Lost a welterweight debut to Paulo Thiago. Dropped to LW. Won 9 of his next 10 fights with names under his belt like Mads Burnell, Josh Burkman, Desmond Green, Zak Cummings, and current #1 contender Gilbert Burns, and only losing to Kevin Lee. During that streak, he managed to miss weight a bunch and continued the streak at welterweight until he dropped his last fight in 2019 and got a 2 year ban for PED's, coming back in March.
  • Don Hyun Kim: THE DONG! Seriously, this guy is still on the UFC roster? He hasn't fought since 2017. I gotta check my notes..

Last edited:
Back