News Khamzat Chimaev is officially ranked in the top 15. He enters at #15 in the welterweight division.

I want you to look at all the guys that beat Gerald and tell me how many of them were ranked immediately (literally because of the win over Gerald) after beating him.

Is he likely one of the top 15 talent wise? Yeah. But the ufc obviously didn’t learn anything from maycee barber and Sean omalley.

If you think his 6 fights don’t count before getting to the ufc then sure, but if you actually watched all of his fights and look up the pedigree that his opponents had, then top 15 is absolutely a fair ranking. He fought the absolute best available to him before getting to the ufc and smashed them all, and now he’s 3-0 in the ufc. Rank 15 is fair.

GOATmaev coming for the BELT
DES_2828_0.jpg

Completely undeserved.
I will use this ranking as a stick to beat people when they question other peoples rankings in the future.

1 of the fighters he beat lost again and the other has been released.

Neither of them were ufc standard.

<36>

100% he is getting a TS if he beats Leon Edwards.
To be fair, Edwards is the #3 contender behind Colby and Burns. Burns is getting the next title shot. Colby already lost to Usman, so he's probably not getting the rematch immediately.

Anyone that beats any of those fighters is deserving of a title shot imo

Khamzat has wins against much of the top ten that ducked him, there's an argument he should be in at #3.

He'll be champ by this time next year... Only chance of it not happening is Usman or Burns going on a ducking spree.

Real talk.

15 was Lawler. He moved up to 14 and RDA was removed from the WW rankings because he returned to LW, making room for Chimaev.

Edit:. Diaz was also removed from the rankings and Bella Muhammad replaced him.

Thanks, breh.

well after my super critical analysis of the chart, it looks like Rob Lawler moved from the #15 contender to the #14. You are welcome for reading the thread /s

5uhIGRs.gif

Khamzat's only win at 170 is over Rhys McKee (probably the worst WW on the roster) and he's ranked? Cool UFC.
Exactly. He is ranked on hype and popularity. He has 1 win at 170, against a guy ranked #124 (on tapology) with 0 ufc wins.
Compare to say Jake Matthews, 6-1 at 170, unranked. With all those wins as good or better than Rhys McKee.

''Brudda this is the life now, smesh everybruddy and drink the coconuts''

totally unwarranted and underserved.

reminiscent of conor treatement.
he ll get a title shot beating leon edward who was ranked no1 at a time, not beating denis fucking silver lmao

Sooo... how excactly does T-Wood and Damian Maia switch places despite neither winning? Am I missing something or at the rankers really such chimpanzees?

If you think his 6 fights don’t count before getting to the ufc then sure, but if you actually watched all of his fights and look up the pedigree that his opponents had, then top 15 is absolutely a fair ranking. He fought the absolute best available to him before getting to the ufc and smashed them all, and now he’s 3-0 in the ufc. Rank 15 is fair.
Two of his three ufc wins are already cut or nearly cut. His quality of opponents was NOT high enough to validate a ranking. Don’t even try to play

Back