Khamzat Chimaev has changed the MMA meta

He didn't change anything. There were fighters willing to fight as often as possible since the dawn of MMA. It was just that 10-15 years there weren't cards every week.

And nothing is changed really: up and comers and midcard guys are willing to fight often, top names fight once a year.

Wish the champs took notice and started fighting at least 2 times a year

I think it is because fighting often can quickly increase a fighters stock and get them paid. Bobby Green went from the verge of retirement to right outside the top 15 of his weight class and like 2 fights away from a ranking. A short turnaround time is especially better for lower ranked fighters trying to build their careers

Yeah, for an up-and-comer like Buckley or Khamzat it's obviously easier to maintain hype if you don't have huge breaks between bouts.
I'm surprised a champ would go for it though.

And it seems brilliant as long as they win.
When they lose people will question is it was due to lack of preparation.

Chimaevs fanboys are currently p4p most annoying, deluded & unreasonable in the world.

Conor’s are still the GOAT but Chimaevs have the potential to go all the way.

- Deiveson Figueiredo, Brandon Moreno agree to fight at UFC 256

- Joaquin Buckley shows up at UFC 255, a few weeks after his viral KO

And so on, and so forth ...

We have one man to thank for this radical change in which fighters are approaching the game and their downtime between fights.

Khamzat-Chimaev.jpg

Khamzat Bless

I'm all for fighters making as much money as they can as quickly as possible. These quick turn arounds keep them fresh in the minds of fans especially if they did some cool shit the last time out.

All these guys understandably wanting more money during the pandemic, this is how you get it. Just fuck up as many people in the most awesome way possible.

Not as much as you’ve changed the meaning of ‘meta’
I’m with you on this one. I don’t think that’s how one would use the word “meta”.
Please refrain from using the word "meta".

I think teh Millens and Zoomies like to use meta as a gaming term. An anachronym for Most Effective Tactic Available.

Dont hold me to it tho, I ain't fond of how they are bending the english language

It's just because of covid. I hope it goes back to normal soon. recovery time is important to longevity and health of a fighter.

If this becomes standard, they'll be shorter athletic primes.

I disagree, you'll see more fights while fighters are in their athletic primes, who cares if their primes are shorter? if they fight 4 times a year for 3 years of their prime thats 12 fights. twice a year for 5 years is 10 fights which is maybe average

I disagree, you'll see more fights while fighters are in their athletic primes, who cares if their primes are shorter? if they fight 4 times a year for 3 years of their prime thats 12 fights. twice a year for 5 years is 10 fights which is maybe average
The guys doing it have taken no damage in their fights. But let's say some guy gets damage, you don't think it's wise for him to take time off and recovery? Especially head trauma,? I'm speaking on average.

Recovery is very important for a fighter

Covid and Borz made more talent Available for cards as long as they haven't received too much damage.

I'm loving it, a these young guns turning chicken shit into chicken salad while the divas twitter fight for the whole year.

The guys doing it have taken no damage in their fights. But let's say some guy gets damage, you don't think it's wise for him to take time off and recovery? Especially head trauma,? I'm speaking on average.

Recovery is very important for a fighter
I agree but we see people fight and go unscathed and still don't fight for a while take Izzy in his last fight for example.

I think teh Millens and Zoomies like to use meta as a gaming term. An anachronym for Most Effective Tactic Available.

Dont hold me to it tho, I ain't fond of how they are bending the english language

<mma4>

Well now I just feel like an out-of-touch grammar nazi

Back