Khamzat Chimaev grappling Olympic Gold medalist Razambek Zhamalov

Whittaker lovers already in denial of what's going to happen.
LOL? Khamzat wrestling with a 5'7 guy that wrestles at 163 pounds? One clip probably taken out of context? I think Whittaker is just fine.

Khamzat probably won't win this fight with his wrestling. He's never been good for more than 1.5 rounds before. But Khamzat has power. If he does win this fight, it will probably be from an early KO. That's where Whittaker is most at risk.

Kinda funny how many people sleep on him

And go to insane mental gymnastics just to discredit him

When a fighter gets fans so hot and bothered

That's how you know someone's gonna be a star
We've been hearing the same thing for almost half a decade now about Khamzat.

Rob will be around 200 lbs on fight night.

Chimaev will grapple the fuck out of him. He might even chose to stand and trade with him

the Chimaev hate is real around here. Also I reckon his chin will be a lot better not having to cut so much weight

We've been hearing the same thing for almost half a decade now about Khamzat.
He's only been in the ufc for 4 years.

Completely dominated usman on the ground who had never been taken down before.

People credit Usman for taking the fight on short notice and doing well, however both guys who take challenging, completely different style matchups on short notice are at a disadvantage.

I don't think he gets enough credit for how good he actually is / or how good he could potentially be, given that he's still nowhere near his prime.

The way I see it is, he brawled with burns and beat him at his own game. He beat usman at his own game, took him down and outwrestled him in every single round.

Those fights could've been fought a lot smarter and wouldn't have been as close, but there was almost a sense of arrogance and pride in wanting to win in such a way, rather than taking the path of least resistance.

Because of this, I think people underestimate him / analyze him incorrectly.

But, it's only a matter of time.

Chimaev will grapple the fuck out of him. He might even chose to stand and trade with him

the Chimaev hate is real around here. Also I reckon his chin will be a lot better not having to cut so much weight
O malley, Conor, izzy, poatan

Max recently

Nobody will ever admit it, but fans are just really bad at analyzing fighters because they're so easily influenced by emotion.

Lots of Champs faced similar hate and discrimination prior to their rise, that's how you know they were actually onto something big.

Haters don't come out of the woodwork for bums.

I just hope my boy Rob doesn't take too much damage.... :(

The closer the fight gets, the more I think Khamzat takes it.

Rob's a natural 185er, Khamzat had to go life and death with a a LW in Gilbert Burns

gilbert-burns-khamzat-chimaev.gif

Rob'll be fine.

Im still leaning towards Khamzat really needing an early finish

Rob is dangerous in the later rounds, especially if you are fading

People get so defensive from just a single training clip. Lol. TS in no way said it meant anything towards his chances of winning or that it was some incredible feat.

Some people can just enjoy a training clip for what is, a small display of skill by skilled athletes.

3b0c1e9737a38010c95852791b9d3209.gif

Last edited:
Kinda funny how many people sleep on him

And go to insane mental gymnastics just to discredit him

When a fighter gets fans so hot and bothered

That's how you know someone's gonna be a star
Erik Silva , is this you ?!

Razam competes at 163lbs, its not uncommon for wrestlers to put on 20lbs in the offseason.
Come on dude. You are saying there is a 15 lb difference between those two?

Khamzat has fought exactly two ranked fighters in his career and they both ended in controversial decisions.

Usman, coming off a horrible KO and back to back losses got off the couch, flew literally across the world and took him to a dicey decision. Aside from getting backpacked the first round, Khamzat didn't appear to pose any meaningful danger. It was basically hard sparring day for Usman

Until Khamzat - who is clearly a special talent - can prove he's got more than 1 round of go in him, or learns to fight at a pace he can maintain, nobody is going to take the boogey man stuff seriously.

Last time I saw Whitaker fighting a guy that small he was KOd at WW

Back