Movies JOKER: FOLIE A DEUX (81% 2nd Weekend Drop with $7 Million; Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen JOKER: FOLIE A DEUX, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I thought the first one was "good" without being that crazy about it so I wasnt exactly chomping at the bit for this but personally I think its worth watching. Without being too spoilery really it ends up a bit of a revisit of the plot of the original with Arthur on his meds again in jail. The first hour is a bit slow as that setup does rather limit what happens, probably could have lost a few mins here and there but when things get to court I do think it picks up pretty well.

I'm guessing a BIG issue here is the politics? the original seemed like it picked up a Fightclub like audience of right wing bros who viewed it as some kind of rallying cry despite it arguably aiming for the reverse politically? this film obviously isn't going to go down well with that audience.

Have politics really infested your brain to the point you insert them into every conversation?

Paul Schrader shits all over the film:

grumpy Schrader shitting on a movie, what else is new? he walked out of Deadpool + Wolverine too, which was considerably more popular (& honestly prob more enjoyable experience, even if the performances are dece in J2)

grumpy Schrader shitting on a movie, what else is new? he walked out of Deadpool + Wolverine too, which was considerably more popular (& honestly prob more enjoyable experience, even if the performances are dece in J2)

I mean the original was basically a Schrader ripoff. He’s a legend, I’ll listen to his takes on movies anytime.

The first movie was a pile of shit too. The ONLY good thing about it is his acting which imo was way overblown. Not that hard of a role to play especially when that person is similar to some extent of the character they are playing. Pheonix is a recluse outkast who clearly struggles with addictions and depression.

I mean the original was basically a Schrader ripoff. He’s a legend, I’ll listen to his takes on movies anytime.
he’s a legend, for sure, but he’s still a grumpy old man. i do appreciate his praise of Barbie, Fallen Leaves, Nope, & Bad Luck Banging or Loony Poor (& filmmaker Radu Jude in general), though

he’s a legend, for sure, but he’s still a grumpy old man. i do appreciate his praise of Barbie, Fallen Leaves, Nope, & Bad Luck Banging or Loony Poor (& filmmaker Radu Jude in general), though

His grumpiness makes me laugh. I literally laughed out loud when he flatly stated “I don’t like these people” when referring to Phoenix and Gaga.

His grumpiness makes me laugh. I literally laughed out loud when he flatly stated “I don’t like these people” when referring to Phoenix and Gaga.
oh absolutely. the man is a poet w/ his big grump energy.

IMG_9781.jpeg
IMG_9783.jpeg
IMG_9785.jpeg
5dg.gif

Back