Media Khamzat Chimaev believes he would beat Jon Jones, Bones responds

Who would win a potential fight?

• Total voters
I wouldn't be surprised if most fighters thought this but just didn't say it because they realize how dumb it sounds.

I'm not sure anyone who replied in this thread, so far, even watched the video.

Most of the vid was him praising and talking about how JJ was the best in MMA right now, and listing all of his accomplishments. He tried to duck the question, originally, stating that it depended on what weight class...then went on continuing to praise JJ.

Then, the reporter asked him the magical "But, if you were both in your prime" question, and he gave another glowing review of how good JJ was, and sort of skirted the question, and finally said....paraphrasing " of course if you ask him, he will say he will win....of course, if you ask me, I will say I will win."

MFs replying to thread all worked up like he called out JJ and said he would fucking whoop him.

This

although I will say Chimaev has chances in that fight. if he went into a fight like that strong and at a solid and explosive weight, he could just go for it and he is fast and explosive enough to potentially get a good angle on Jones to take him down. then he just has to get the submission

obviously Jones would be the favorite in that fight but Chimaev would be a very different kind of matchup for him and at least for the first round

The guy who has been fighting most of his career two divisions lower and (currently) three divisions lower than Jon fights going to beat the consensus MMA GOAT?

Come the fuck on man... there's self confidence and then there is just straight up delusion.

Jon Jones would give Khamzat a life changing beatdown in my opinion.

The guy who has been fighting most of his career two divisions lower and (currently) three divisions lower than Jon fights going to beat the consensus MMA GOAT?

Come the fuck on man... there's self confidence and then there is just straight up delusion.

Chimaev is not exactly a small man. he trains down and has a high metabolism; but when he puts some mass on his body he is not small. he's not Petr Yan size...although if I recall correctly Yan was ready to fight Arlovski at one point.

he is a fast and explosive high level grappler born in a war torn country. do you honestly believe were he to fight Jon Jones, that he wouldn't just go for it? come on now

I think he could guy walks at 220 he can get to heavy weight

These questions kind of suck because when you fight for a living you got to believe in yourself. Believe you can beat anyone whether it's true or not. Prime of your career winner mindset. Kill or be killed.

Khamzat obviously respects Jon Jones by his answer and mannerisms.

I like Khamzat but he would get mauled. Jon never gets tired, and you're not taking him down.

He struggled with Burns inna close fight. And arguably drawed Usman off couch. Only 2 legit contenders he fought. Yet he beats goat at LHW

This

although I will say Chimaev has chances in that fight. if he went into a fight like that strong and at a solid and explosive weight, he could just go for it and he is fast and explosive enough to potentially get a good angle on Jones to take him down. then he just has to get the submission

obviously Jones would be the favorite in that fight but Chimaev would be a very different kind of matchup for him and at least for the first round
Jon Jones have destroyed guys with better wrestling, grappling, and striking than Chimaev - that's not even taking into account bigger men.

This idea that Khazmat can beat ANYONE then trying to phrase it in a moderate manner "well, I said he had a chance not that he would be the favorite!" is ridiculous. He's going to beat arguably the goat fighter of all time, the current heavyweight champion who ran through a contender in seconds, the GOAT at 205 which is a full weight class above Khazmat, who at his current weight class has never beaten a single top ten guy.

Why stop there? Maybe Colbing Covington will knock out Aspinal.

It is. But then again, it was the kind of questions Ronda got all the time, only hers were sillier. Like "would you be able to beat Cain?"

She, like Khamzat, should have replied with a simple "get the fuck out, come up with a better question".
There's a lot of things Ronda could have done to be more likeable

Chimaev is not exactly a small man. he trains down and has a high metabolism; but when he puts some mass on his body he is not small. he's not Petr Yan size...although if I recall correctly Yan was ready to fight Arlovski at one point.

he is a fast and explosive high level grappler born in a war torn country. do you honestly believe were he to fight Jon Jones, that he wouldn't just go for it? come on now
He arguably lost to an ex lightweight fighter in Burns... you think he has a chance against someone the size and skill of Jones?

230lb DC was outwrestled by Jones and you think someone the size of Khamzat is pulling it off?

Sure, he would "go for it" but he'd still get absolutely mauled.

Honestly. I could see it happen. It will be later down the road if it ever were to happen. Jon is only getting older. Who knows how he will come back after his injury? Khamzat can still put on some weight and improve as a fighter and he"ll always be much closer to his prime. Khamzat will have to really use his speed advantage and hope Jon will have slowed down enough.

No, he has a Visa issue into the US. That’s all.
I was making a joke.

In other news, Ronda could beat sea-level Cain "under the right circumstances".

This is definitely one of those fights (for Khamzat).

LOL, Khazmat was just saved by the time keeper against an off-the-couch passed his best 170lb fighter. And he thinks he has anything for Jones in a 5rd fight?

Back