• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Khabibs reign is coming to an end. But we are in for insane matchups.

Leopoldos

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
It does not matter if he will face Tony or George. he will face defeat in his next bout.

In terms of future excitment however, we are just getting warmed up.

Insane LW & MW matchups that can be made between Khabib, Tony, GSP, Conor, Gathje, Masvidal, Diaz, Holloway, Covington etc.

What a time to be alive.

Same old story. Everyone is now talking up Khabib's opponent as the cryptonite. Ferguson was in life and death fights with Kevin Lee & Anthony Pettis, almost got rolled by Lando Vanata. Look at the facts, there is nothing to suggest Tony will beat Khabib. Can he? Sure. But so could Dustin Porier theoretically.

Also, "magic elbows" or "cardio" is not an answer to this question. Tony Ferguson wins by mythology is all i'm hearing.

Holloway?

Odds are in favor of Khabib winning his next fight, regardless of who it is.

Probably even odds he wins his next 2, if such a parlay existed and if anyone were foolish enough to bet it.

But I agree with the rest of your post. I look forward to seeing him tested, and the wide variety of great fights available right now.

Same old story. Everyone is now talking up Khabib's opponent as the cryptonite. Ferguson was in life and death fights with Kevin Lee & Anthony Pettis, almost got rolled by Lando Vanata. Look at the facts, there is nothing to suggest Tony will beat Khabib. Can he? Sure. But so could Dustin Porier theoretically.

Me personally, i did not think any of his previous opponents could beat him besides Conor. (Still think he can btw)

Tony has the skills to finish Khabib. I think his cardio will be the main differentiator.

GSP never gonna make 155

Me personally, i did not think any of his previous opponents could beat him besides Conor. (Still think he can btw)

Tony has the skills to finish Khabib. I think his cardio will be the main differentiator.

And Khabib has the skills to finish Tony. The question is which person's skills are more reliable and consistent? Khabib has almost never failed to control his opponent and implement his game plan. Rewatch the Ferguson- Kevin Lee fight. Kevin Lee took Ferguson down almost at will. Kevin Lee isn't half the grappler Khabib is. Think about it.

Tony has become almost a myth at this point, but everyone needs to open their eyes on what we know. I'd say Tony has a real chance at getting a submission, but I'd put it at only 15-20%. But its much more probable that he'll get destroyed by Khabib like everyone else.

For a fighter who has only lost one round in his entire career..
TS is fucking Nostradamus for knowing he will face defeat in his next fight.
<45>

khabib doesnt deserve this much hate and jelausy

Also, "magic elbows" or "cardio" is not an answer to this question. Tony Ferguson wins by mythology is all i'm hearing.

Tony can face adversity and find a way to win. He'll be down 2-0 going into the 3rd and will be confident as ever.

Tony can face adversity and find a way to win. He'll be down 2-0 going into the 3rd and will be confident as ever.
confidence doesn't mean shit when you just got wrestle-fucked for 2 rounds and khabib doesn't look like he's gonna stop any time soon

Jabidi will hetire undefeeted.

A drained GSP is a drained TJ Dillashaw.. There's a reason why people don't go down in weight when facing champions, especially a significant difference.

Also the fact that Khabib really relies on guys panicking when he takes them down. They expend energy to try and get up, and then he just chain wrestles them.

GSP would beat him because 1) GSP's jab is deadly and 2) GSP would actually try to take Khabib down, not just defend takedowns. Khabib has been taken down by guys that go after him.

Tony would get taken down, but he wouldn't try to get up. He'd just play guard and Khabib would have a hard time passing. Queue Tony's elbows from the guard, Bisping-GSP style.

Also the fact that Khabib really relies on guys panicking when he takes them down. They expend energy to try and get up, and then he just chain wrestles them.

GSP would beat him because 1) GSP's jab is deadly and 2) GSP would actually try to take Khabib down, not just defend takedowns. Khabib has been taken down by guys that go after him.

Tony would get taken down, but he wouldn't try to get up. He'd just play guard and Khabib would have a hard time passing. Queue Tony's elbows from the guard, Bisping-GSP style.

Khabib doesn't rely on "panicking" for his takedowns. Thats absurd. Khabib gets his takedowns through technique, spacing, and just being a badass grappling master. 28 professional killers didn't just "panic". Many of them stayed calm and still got destroyed. Tony will be the 29th.

It is going to take a strong wrestler like Gregor Gillespie or George St. Pierre to do it.

Kryptonite

I can't even imagine the depths of casual to which one must descend in order to believe that GSP is coming back for some sort of prolonged career.... at lightweight.

Nobody at 155 is favourite to beat Khabib

khabib will probably retire after tony if he doesn't get the gsp fight

then makhachev will take over to replace him as khabib 2.0

Back