Khabib's interview in Russian. Says he lacked motivation for his fights with Iaquinta, Conor etc.

Dude it really isn't that hard to understand.

Khabib wanted to fight Conor to settle their beef, shut him up, and move on with his life. That is not the same kind of motivation you have as a competitor

There was no bad blood with Dustin or RDA or even now with Tony. Khabib simply respects them. Fighting them proves he was a better fighter/champion. They all offer different challenges and force him to improve. That is the kind of motivation he is referring to. The drive and excitement you get before facing off against a serious challenge.

Conor was not that for him. Conor was someone he saw as a disrespectful punk who needed to be humbled. In your defense, anger can be a motivator for some but it is not the same.

There are different kinds of motivation sparked by different things.

I dont believe a word of that. Khabib isnt telling the truth here.

He was obviously motivated to win the title and beat Connor. I think his statement is more of a slight to Connor and a "watch out" to Fergusson. Clearly a BS hype statement from Khabib.

I dont believe a word of that. Khabib isnt telling the truth here.

He was obviously motivated to win the title and beat Connor. I think his statement is more of a slight to Connor and a "watch out" to Fergusson. Clearly a BS hype statement from Khabib.
You see what you want to see I guess. It just doesn't come across that way to me.

Dude it really isn't that hard to understand.

Khabib wanted to fight Conor to settle their beef, shut him up, and move on with his life. That is not the same kind of motivation you have as a competitor

There was no bad blood with Dustin or RDA or even now with Tony. Khabib simply respects them. Fighting them proves he was a better fighter/champion. They all offer different challenges and force him to improve. That is the kind of motivation he is referring to. The drive and excitement you get before facing off against a serious challenge.

Conor was not that for him. Conor was someone he saw as a disrespectful punk who needed to be humbled. In your defense, anger can be a motivator for some but it is not the same.

There are different kinds of motivation sparked by different things.
Your last sentence doesn't make sense. There are different kinds of motivation? Are you implying any of these kinds were regarding the Conor fight?

You literally won't convince me a guy that determined to beat the fuck out of Conor wasn't motivated. I'd argue he was more motivated for Conor McGregor than any fight in his career. In fact, I'm positive he was. He looked like he cared about poirier and the fight with poirier far less and I would say he was less motivated for poirier than conor.

Source: watch how he literally just talks about fighting other guys that aren't Dustin in the lead up to the fight. He didn't talk about others when it was conor and I could tell you why but it would require you accepting the truth.

Would you praise a guy who what on everything you hold dear, threw a dolly at you, and was just a generally shitty person? Conor doesn't give Khabib credit either. They don't like each other.

And your memory is slipping dude. The Al fight was after the bus attack. Khabib openly didn't want to fight Conor before the dolly incident.

Khabib moved past Conor. Conor knew the only way back to the belt was to start some serious shit. Thus, the bus attack.
Khabib slapped Artem, thus the bus attack. Conor was effectively retired. He hadn't even been stripped of the belt at that point, if he wanted that belt so bad he would have defended it. You're right about the bus attack though which means their wasn't really even any time for Khabib to move on from Conor then lol.

Anyways hate is a big motivator and like you said they don't like each other. Do you think there is anybody out there that Khabib would hate losing to more than Conor? Guaranteed he was more fired up for that fight than he is for the Tony fight he just doesn't want to admit it for the reasons we already discussed.

This guys ego is so fucking huge, no motivation says the man that was so bent out of shape he jumped a cage and started a post fight brawl.

Motivation comes from within, we all been down that path.. Difficult to get out of if you lack the resources.

Your last sentence doesn't make sense. There are different kinds of motivation?
I genuinely cannot see why you are struggling with this concept. Khabib wanted to humble/shut Conor up. He saw no challange. Had no respect for him. But he was driven by that bad blood.

That is different from being excited to be challenged by a worthy opponent who will test you.

I really don't know how else I can explain that.

You literally won't convince me a guy that determined to beat the fuck out of Conor wasn't motivated. I'd argue he was more motivated for Conor McGregor than any fight in his career. In fact, I'm positive he was. He looked like he cared about poirier and the fight with poirier far less and I would say he was less motivated for poirier than conor.
Conor has personal stakes behind it. From that perspective it mattered more to him but did not get him excited. He just wanted to get it over with and move on.

The Poirier fight got him motivated simply because Dustin is a great fighter who had been on a tear through the division. He had respect for Dustin and his skills and trained as such.

Source: watch how he literally just talks about fighting other guys that aren't Dustin in the lead up to the fight. He didn't talk about others when it was conor and I could tell you why but it would require you accepting the truth.
He didn't talk about Al because the fight was last minute. Hard too get motivated for a replacement of a replacement. Before Al filled in Khabib spoke glowingly about Tony and Max. He went at length about how those fights would effect his legacy and prove his worth as a champion.

With Conor all he said was "I'm gonna humble this guy" "I'm gonna smash him and make him quiet" etc. That is a type of motivation but it isn't driven by respect or the drive to overcome a challenge. It's just wanting to beat a guy up.

Very different things in my eyes. If you disagree, cool. Don't really feel like dragging this on longer if we simply aren't gonna come to a middle ground. Which is fine. Some people just don't agree on things.

Khabib slapped Artem, thus the bus attack.
Artem talked shit, thus Khabib slapped him, thus Conor used it as an excuse to secure a fight.

Conor was effectively retired. He hadn't even been stripped of the belt at that point, if he wanted that belt so bad he would have defended it.
No he wouldn't. You know for a fact that he wouldn't. Conor would much rather get stripped than lose his belt in a fight. He has always done that. It gives him free reign to still call himself the champion and discredit others because he "never lost the belt". This has always been Conor's MO.

You're right about the bus attack though which means their wasn't really even any time for Khabib to move on from Conor then lol.
Conor was set to be stripped during the lead up to the Tony and Khabib fight. Khabib was set to get the belt and never fight Conor. Bus attack was the only way Conor could get that fight. (other than climbing through the ranks)

Anyways hate is a big motivator and like you said they don't like each other. Do you think there is anybody out there that Khabib would hate losing to more than Conor?
Sure he would hate losing to Conor more but I don't think that means he was more motivated. I'd hate losing to someone who I believe is nowhere near as good as me and is an asshole. That doesn't mean I'm motivated for that fight. I just don't want to lose to a dirt bag who is not on my level.

Guaranteed he was more fired up for that fight than he is for the Tony fight he just doesn't want to admit it for the reasons we already discussed.
In the end you believe what you want. I don't see it that way.

It be what it be.

Khabib is going to get starched silly.

Artem talked shit, thus Khabib slapped him, thus Conor used it as an excuse to secure a fight.

No he wouldn't. You know for a fact that he wouldn't. Conor would much rather get stripped than lose his belt in a fight. He has always done that. It gives him free reign to still call himself the champion and discredit others because he "never lost the belt". This has always been Conor's MO.

Conor was set to be stripped during the lead up to the Tony and Khabib fight. Khabib was set to get the belt and never fight Conor. Bus attack was the only way Conor could get that fight. (other than climbing through the ranks)

Sure he would hate losing to Conor more but I don't think that means he was more motivated. I'd hate losing to someone who I believe is nowhere near as good as me and is an asshole. That doesn't mean I'm motivated for that fight. I just don't want to lose to a dirt bag who is not on my level.

In the end you believe what you want. I don't see it that way.

It be what it be.
Agree to disagree, impossible to win an argument on this place lol. When you're famous you can't slap everybody that talks a bit of shit about you though and I believe he did that to lure Conor out. Artem didn't talk shit to his face he didn't need to do that, very unnecessary. Cowboy has talked mad shit on Khabib yet Khabib has never confronted him, I wonder why that is.

My point about defending is that what is the difference between defending the belt against Khabib and challenging him for it? If he were to lose it's the same difference. Losing to Khabib while he's the champ or after being stripped, either way the illusion of him being the champ would be gone. I don't think Conor wanted that fight at all until the Artem situation but that's just my opinion, who knows I could be wrong.

We could even both be a little bit right but the thing is Khabib did confront and slap Artem though, without that would Conor have attacked the bus?

Hard to turn down the tiramisu if you are not motivated.

If Khabib shows up unmotivated at the gym his dad will beat the crap out of him.

Agree to disagree, impossible to win an argument on this place lol. When you're famous you can't slap everybody that talks a bit of shit about you though and I believe he did that to lure Conor out. Artem didn't talk shit to his face he didn't need to do that, very unnecessary. Cowboy has talked mad shit on Khabib yet Khabib has never confronted him, I wonder why that is.
I think it's because Artem was involved in an incident that led to his buddy getting shot or something. idk the specifics. Still don't think it had anything to do with Conor. I think it was just a personal beef.

Either way, Khabib over reacted. There was no need to put his hands on Artem. But they are fighters, so what do you expect?

My point about defending is that what is the difference between defending the belt against Khabib and challenging him for it? If he were to lose it's the same difference. Losing to Khabib while he's the champ or after being stripped, either way the illusion of him being the champ would be gone. I don't think Conor wanted that fight at all until the Artem situation but that's just my opinion, who knows I could be wrong.
The difference is that Conor can use Khabib winning a vacant belt as a point to discredit him. "you aren't a real champ. You won my belt off some bum blah blah blah". He does the same shit to Max.

And yeah, the rest is just subjective. No way to say for certain.

We could even both be a little bit right but the thing is Khabib did confront and slap Artem though, without that would Conor have attacked the bus?
100%. I'm sure that there is truth in both of our beliefs on this. And Yeah, as far as the bus incident goes, there was no party in the right. Artem should have kept his mouth shut. Khabib should have left well enough alone. Conor should not have attacked the bus.

I personally think Conor would have found a less extreme way to stir up some drama but I doubt he would have attacked the bus.

I think it's because Artem was involved in an incident that led to his buddy getting shot or something. idk the specifics. Still don't think it had anything to do with Conor. I think it was just a personal beef.

Either way, Khabib over reacted. There was no need to put his hands on Artem. But they are fighters, so what do you expect?

The difference is that Conor can use Khabib winning a vacant belt as a point to discredit him. "you aren't a real champ. You won my belt off some bum blah blah blah". He does the same shit to Max.

And yeah, the rest is just subjective. No way to say for certain.

100%. I'm sure that there is truth in both of our beliefs on this. And Yeah, as far as the bus incident goes, there was no party in the right. Artem should have kept his mouth shut. Khabib should have left well enough alone. Conor should not have attacked the bus.

I personally think Conor would have found a less extreme way to stir up some drama but I doubt he would have attacked the bus.
I personally don't think Conor would have ever fought at 155 again otherwise but who knows. It's like how he hasn't went back to 145 to challenge Max or anything and how he's fighting Cowboy at 170. "Get in, get rich, get out". The Mayweather fight gave him more than enough money and he'd already won 2 belts in the UFC. He was done with 155 after Eddie imo which is part of the reason he went after Mayweather. Mayweather was like a can't lose situation for him, rn what makes the most sense for him is the Khabib rematch or a 170lb title fight.

Nobody thinks he can win the belt at 170 so that's the perfect situation for him, Apparently he has bulked up quite a bit so either he's going after that 170lb belt or trying to be bigger for the Khabib rematch "possibly both".

Also what's this about somebody being shot? One of Khabib's friends??

He literally begged for the Conor fight and did whatever he could to get it (going as far to attack his friend to lure him out) but he wasn't motivated? Weird.
He literally begged for the Conor fight and did whatever he could to get it (going as far to attack his friend to lure him out) but he wasn't motivated? Weird.

lobov got slapped for bad mouthing Khabib first

I genuinely cannot see why you are struggling with this concept. Khabib wanted to humble/shut Conor up. He saw no challange. Had no respect for him. But he was driven by that bad blood.

That is different from being excited to be challenged by a worthy opponent who will test you.

I really don't know how else I can explain that.

Conor has personal stakes behind it. From that perspective it mattered more to him but did not get him excited. He just wanted to get it over with and move on.

The Poirier fight got him motivated simply because Dustin is a great fighter who had been on a tear through the division. He had respect for Dustin and his skills and trained as such.

He didn't talk about Al because the fight was last minute. Hard too get motivated for a replacement of a replacement. Before Al filled in Khabib spoke glowingly about Tony and Max. He went at length about how those fights would effect his legacy and prove his worth as a champion.

With Conor all he said was "I'm gonna humble this guy" "I'm gonna smash him and make him quiet" etc. That is a type of motivation but it isn't driven by respect or the drive to overcome a challenge. It's just wanting to beat a guy up.

Very different things in my eyes. If you disagree, cool. Don't really feel like dragging this on longer if we simply aren't gonna come to a middle ground. Which is fine. Some people just don't agree on things.

I don't think you can be any clearer

I personally don't think Conor would have ever fought at 155 again otherwise but who knows. It's like how he hasn't went back to 145 to challenge Max or anything and how he's fighting Cowboy at 170. "Get in, get rich, get out". The Mayweather fight gave him more than enough money and he'd already won 2 belts in the UFC. He was done with 155 after Eddie imo which is part of the reason he went after Mayweather. Mayweather was like a can't lose situation for him, rn what makes the most sense for him is the Khabib rematch or a 170lb title fight.

Nobody thinks he can win the belt at 170 so that's the perfect situation for him, Apparently he has bulked up quite a bit so either he's going after that 170lb belt or trying to be bigger for the Khabib rematch "possibly both".

Also what's this about somebody being shot? One of Khabib's friends??

I doubt being bigger will make any difference for the rematch

He will still get taken down and gas harder than ever

Conor needs to lay off the juice, it will drain him hard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back