Khabib's father about rematch with Conor, Askren, Lee, Ferguson + more

He is unusual and different in many ways, just the way he has been brought up. He comes from a family of fighters, that had great fighters for several generations, much like Floyd Mayweather with boxing, where his father and uncles were boxers... with Khabib it was wrestlers and sambo guys in the family. If you listen to his father, the athletic component is always in 1st place. It's something he always repeat about Khabib that he want's a career that make Khabib "recognised as an undisputed great of the sport and recognised universally as an exceptional athlete".

About the money, he refused to make that anti-bullying commercial, even though it cost him money. He jumped out of the cage even though it cost him money... right now he is in negotiations with UFC where he is pushing an ultimatum, that if his cousin Abubakar and his teammate Zubaira (who were involved in the brawl) are not reinstated in UFC and get their fights, he is not coming back... I don't think he is bluffing.
By that argument Conor isn't interested in the money either, since he's constantly costing himself money.

And don't kid yourself, the added fame from jumping out of the cage will make him a shitload of money, much more than the 500k fine.

You've really drank the cool aid, but fair enough.

By that argument Conor isn't interested in the money either, since he's constantly costing himself money.

And don't kid yourself, the added fame from jumping out of the cage will make him a shitload of money, much more than the 500k fine.

You've really drank the cool aid, but fair enough.

Nah, Conor would sell his wife and child if money was good enough. He got no moral compass.

Don't think he was thinking fame, he was thinking honor. He comes from a traditional clan culture where honor violence and blood vengeance is common.

But bu bu.... they fight for legacy...?
hes not gonna make conor 50mil while making 5mil. hes fighting for legacy but if its a money fight hes not doing it to make everyone else rich but him. if he wanted only money fights he wouldnt have mentioned poirier and tony. difference between him and conor is that khabib doesnt mind fighting anyone. conor ONLY wants money fights.

Nah, Conor would sell his wife and child if money was good enough. He got no moral compass.

Don't think he was thinking fame, he was thinking honor. He comes from a traditional clan culture where honor violence and blood vengeance is common.
Your in deep, fair enough.

A lot of people talking about the potential Conor Khabib rematch.

I posted an interview with Khabib earlier where he speaks about the potential rematch and that he and UFC planned this before Conrad's "retirement". He also said that Conor has to earn a rematch by beating someone and implied that UFC can even handpick a beatable fighter for him. You can read more about that here:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ch-you-havent-won-a-fight-since-2016.3939885/

Some people on here (Conor trolls mostly) say that Khabib is ducking because of this. Others are speculating if we ever see a rematch.

One of the big deciding figures in Khabib's career is his father and trainer Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov. This is a couple month old interview with him where he discusses a potential Conor rematch:

First part of the interview he talk about his morning training routines and you can see a couple of sequences where he coaches his guys.

About Kevin Lee vs AI

Q: What did you think about Lee vs Iaquinta fight?
A: I said in interview before that AI is on another level when it comes to his heart, desire to win and physical abilities and endurance. That is very important, if you can't do more than 1,5 rounds of serious struggle then it will be hard, that's what you saw.

Q: But Kevin Lee is a good wrestler right?
A: He is not bad, but he doesn't have stamina and he has no heart, those 2 things. He is a decent fighter, but nothing more, top 15. But if he is in top-15 doesn't mean that he's the greatest and can talk trash to everyone.

I think Khabilov is stronger than Kevin Lee. Islam Makhachev as well, he could probably take on Ferguson at this point.

(A lot of interesting stuff in between)

Q: What do you think has Khabib achieved everything in MMA?
A: We have 1 last fight on UFC contract and then 4 month after that with Reebok. Then we must get a new contract or we are free to go, we have many other offers from different promotions.

Q: Ok so one last fight on the contract, but how many fights do you give Khabib to achieve everything.
A: I think 3-4 more fights will be enough. Only the almighty know how it all will turn out, but that's our plans.

Q: But you would like to do a fight before ramadan in 2019.
A: Of course we would like, but you know how it is will all the issues with disqualifications. You know me, if we don't get 100 days to prepare for a fight, I turn it down. I have to know that he is ready. I have to know that he first went through my training camp and then worked on his stand up with Javier Mendez. So I will be very strict with this. We fought 3 times las year, for this level of competition 3 fights I think is a lot.

Q: Are there fights, for instance with Ben Askren, that you wouldn't take because of rating reasons.
A: I think fights like Ben Askren, St.Pierre and even Roy Jones Jr who was trying to make a fight with Khabib. All of that can be done later (after he achieved everything) in Russia. It's not long time left until that, a year or two at most. Those fights can be done anywhere later, Philipines, Tokyo, Moscow, London. Khabib is not going to be doing "senior" competition, but for real sporting competition while defending the UFC belt, I think he has 3-4 fights left in him.

Q: Would you like Khabib to do a fight in UFC in Russia.
A: I would want UFC to give us the right to pick time, place and opponent in 1 fight. I will fight to make this happen when we are negotiating next contract. He has done a lot for UFC 11 fights and 11 victories.
(...)

About McGregor Rematch

You know some people say that AI fight was easy that he was a weak opponent only 11 in the ratings, but in McGregor fight we showed everybody, we destroyed him completely.
- We said that we would fight one round in the stand up - we did it.
- We said we would drop him - we did it.
- We said that we would make him give up - we did it.

What more are you asking for dear haters? (smile)

We did all we said we would. What do you say now?
You know they bother me in the comments during training camps (Abdulamanap has an Instagram account :D). Now I ask them where have you all
disappeared.

You want to fight us again - ok 30 million - we'll fight you, that's adressed to McGregor.
They offered us 15 million for a rematch, why? We want 30, guys, 30.

Q: So you got an offer for 15 million from UFC?
A: Straight away or in 6 month. Some of his skills have improved, we can see that. But we are also on another level know when it comes to striking. Who would have thought before that we would drop him. No one.

One more thing. There are guys who waited a long time and deserve to fight Khabib. We have to respect them as fighters... this also has to be taken into account.

That's Porier and Ferguson. I think Ferguson deserves it the most. He is number 1 contender if you only think about the sporting side of things.

About Conor, yes let's get the crowd going, make some good money... "hype it up" as they say. Get some more fans and subscribers. Let's do it... we can take on Diaz as well.

We are in a position to choose. Our task is to prepare, train and fight. UFCs task is to prepare a new contract with our interests taken into account.

Conclusion

There is 1 fight left on the contract with UFC and 4 month with Reebok.

After that there's a renegotiation process, so for McGregor fight Khabib wants a new contract with better money. Khabib will not accept being paid less the McGregor in a rematch.

Also in another interview I translated. Khabib had som other demands to UFC regarding his teammates Abubakar and Zubaira. UFC has to offer them fights on same card as Khabib or before Khabib fights.

Based Abdulmanap pricing Khabib out of the rematch. That's how it should be done, this way no one will be able to accuse Kahbib of """ducking""" Conor :D.

But bu bu.... they fight for legacy...?
Yes, they are. That's why he is asking for a retarded sum of money so that the fight will never happen and he can focus on fighting actual contenders, not bums who have yet to score a win in 3 years.

hes not gonna make conor 50mil while making 5mil. hes fighting for legacy but if its a money fight hes not doing it to make everyone else rich but him. if he wanted only money fights he wouldnt have mentioned poirier and tony. difference between him and conor is that khabib doesnt mind fighting anyone. conor ONLY wants money fights.
He mentioned, Floyd, GSP, Manny too.

He's fighting Conor next and anyone who thinks differently is kidding themselves, everything he says to the contrary is playing hard to get as a negotiating tactic, only way Conor's not next is if Khabib hold out for too much money, then he'll got from $15m to $1m...

It's happening.

They beat Conor for legacy once, the rematch is for money

BTW why does one has to exclude the other, they can go hand in hand IMHO

Yeah, that would be the GSP match, not the Conor rematch. Unfortunately there's very few match ups that involve both legacy and a high pay day for Khabib.

It's a shame that Max isn't more popular with the mainstream audience, because if he beats Dustin and faces khabib, then that match deserves to be both a money fight and a legacy fight.

30 mil or Conor doesn't get the rematch. How bad do you want it, Dana?

Yeah, that would be the GSP match, not the Conor rematch. Unfortunately there's very few match ups that involve both legacy and a high pay day for Khabib.

It's a shame that Max isn't more popular with the mainstream audience, because if he beats Dustin and faces khabib, then that match deserves to be both a money fight and a legacy fight.

I find it interesting that no one mentioned anything about the "after UFC" plans. He says he has 3-4 more fights in UFC and then they will do the money fights outside of UFC. Khabib vs GSP, Khabib vs Roy Jones etc.

"We have 1 last fight on UFC contract and then 4 month after that with Reebok. Then we must get a new contract or we are free to go, we have many other offers from different promotions."

<{nope}><Fedor23><{hughesimpress}><GSPWoah>

Good interview. Abdulmanap speaks the truth.

Imagine if Khabib left the ufc after beating Tony. Fuck ... lots of jimmies rustled. Id love it.

"We have 1 last fight on UFC contract and then 4 month after that with Reebok. Then we must get a new contract or we are free to go, we have many other offers from different promotions."

<{nope}><Fedor23><{hughesimpress}><GSPWoah>

He could go to ONE and get good money...

He is an unbeaten LW champion who has defeated and dominated UFC and Dana's golden goose. He has good leverage. You really think UFC will let him go?

Khabib is in the position to chose. I think him vs Tony needs to be tried one last time. That or the winner of Dustin/Max.

I find it interesting that no one mentioned anything about the "after UFC" plans. He says he has 3-4 more fights in UFC and then they will do the money fights outside of UFC. Khabib vs GSP, Khabib vs Roy Jones etc.

Yeah, I saw that. I'm just not really interested in it enough to make conjectures about it. I wish he'd stay longer, though.

Yeah, I saw that. I'm just not really interested in it enough to make conjectures about it. I wish he'd stay longer, though.

Think he wants to retire ubeaten and on top as "Floyd Mayweather of MMA".
That would be unprecedented in UFC history.

khabib is not big enuff to get 30 millions, sorry.

khabib is not big enuff to get 30 millions, sorry.
Good. This means he can fight Ferguson, Max and Gaethje for 1-2mil and avoid fighting bums who were gifted a title shot ;)

Back