Khabib's father about rematch with Conor, Askren, Lee, Ferguson + more

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
A lot of people talking about the potential Conor Khabib rematch.

I posted an interview with Khabib earlier where he speaks about the potential rematch and that he and UFC planned this before Conrad's "retirement". He also said that Conor has to earn a rematch by beating someone and implied that UFC can even handpick a beatable fighter for him. You can read more about that here:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ch-you-havent-won-a-fight-since-2016.3939885/

Some people on here (Conor trolls mostly) say that Khabib is ducking because of this. Others are speculating if we ever see a rematch.

One of the big deciding figures in Khabib's career is his father and trainer Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov. This is a couple month old interview with him where he discusses a potential Conor rematch:

First part of the interview he talk about his morning training routines and you can see a couple of sequences where he coaches his guys.

About Kevin Lee vs AI

Q: What did you think about Lee vs Iaquinta fight?
A: I said in interview before that AI is on another level when it comes to his heart, desire to win and physical abilities and endurance. That is very important, if you can't do more than 1,5 rounds of serious struggle then it will be hard, that's what you saw.

Q: But Kevin Lee is a good wrestler right?
A: He is not bad, but he doesn't have stamina and he has no heart, those 2 things. He is a decent fighter, but nothing more, top 15. But if he is in top-15 doesn't mean that he's the greatest and can talk trash to everyone.

I think Khabilov is stronger than Kevin Lee. Islam Makhachev as well, he could probably take on Ferguson at this point.

(A lot of interesting stuff in between)

Q: What do you think has Khabib achieved everything in MMA?
A: We have 1 last fight on UFC contract and then 4 month after that with Reebok. Then we must get a new contract or we are free to go, we have many other offers from different promotions.

Q: Ok so one last fight on the contract, but how many fights do you give Khabib to achieve everything.
A: I think 3-4 more fights will be enough. Only the almighty know how it all will turn out, but that's our plans.

Q: But you would like to do a fight before ramadan in 2019.
A: Of course we would like, but you know how it is will all the issues with disqualifications. You know me, if we don't get 100 days to prepare for a fight, I turn it down. I have to know that he is ready. I have to know that he first went through my training camp and then worked on his stand up with Javier Mendez. So I will be very strict with this. We fought 3 times las year, for this level of competition 3 fights I think is a lot.

Q: Are there fights, for instance with Ben Askren, that you wouldn't take because of rating reasons.
A: I think fights like Ben Askren, St.Pierre and even Roy Jones Jr who was trying to make a fight with Khabib. All of that can be done later (after he achieved everything) in Russia. It's not long time left until that, a year or two at most. Those fights can be done anywhere later, Philipines, Tokyo, Moscow, London. Khabib is not going to be doing "senior" competition, but for real sporting competition while defending the UFC belt, I think he has 3-4 fights left in him.

Q: Would you like Khabib to do a fight in UFC in Russia.
A: I would want UFC to give us the right to pick time, place and opponent in 1 fight. I will fight to make this happen when we are negotiating next contract. He has done a lot for UFC 11 fights and 11 victories.
(...)

About McGregor Rematch

You know some people say that AI fight was easy that he was a weak opponent only 11 in the ratings, but in McGregor fight we showed everybody, we destroyed him completely.
- We said that we would fight one round in the stand up - we did it.
- We said we would drop him - we did it.
- We said that we would make him give up - we did it.

What more are you asking for dear haters? (smile)

We did all we said we would. What do you say now?
You know they bother me in the comments during training camps (Abdulamanap has an Instagram account :D). Now I ask them where have you all
disappeared.

You want to fight us again - ok 30 million - we'll fight you, that's adressed to McGregor.
They offered us 15 million for a rematch, why? We want 30, guys, 30.

Q: So you got an offer for 15 million from UFC?
A: Straight away or in 6 month. Some of his skills have improved, we can see that. But we are also on another level know when it comes to striking. Who would have thought before that we would drop him. No one.

One more thing. There are guys who waited a long time and deserve to fight Khabib. We have to respect them as fighters... this also has to be taken into account.

That's Porier and Ferguson. I think Ferguson deserves it the most. He is number 1 contender if you only think about the sporting side of things.

About Conor, yes let's get the crowd going, make some good money... "hype it up" as they say. Get some more fans and subscribers. Let's do it... we can take on Diaz as well.

We are in a position to choose. Our task is to prepare, train and fight. UFCs task is to prepare a new contract with our interests taken into account.

Conclusion

There is 1 fight left on the contract with UFC and 4 month with Reebok.

After that there's a renegotiation process, so for McGregor fight Khabib wants a new contract with better money. Khabib will not accept being paid less the McGregor in a rematch.

Also in another interview I translated. Khabib had som other demands to UFC regarding his teammates Abubakar and Zubaira. UFC has to offer them fights on same card as Khabib or before Khabib fights.

l6iqjyeen1a7296716bi.jpg

30 million or we only fight for legacy, the choice is yours...

But bu bu.... they fight for legacy...?

so 30mil to beat Conor again. it's expensive to beat mcgregor up

That’s legacy money right there baby

In all seriousness though beating Conor again literally does nothing more for his legacy, but since he actually still wants to beat his ass he may as well do it legally and get paid for it

Seems fair

Still hasn’t come to terms with being the B-side.

Imagine ppv numbers of Khabib vs Tony and compare it with Conor vs anyone.

That’s the problem with overplaying your hand..

And I want my hairline from 5 years ago. Looks like neither of our dreams are coming true Mr Nurmagomedov.

l6iqjyeen1a7296716bi.jpg

30 million or we only fight for legacy, the choice is yours...

It's like asking... your salary or your job... they go hand in hand.

His father clearly says that they can do money fights with McGregor, Diaz, Roy Jones... whatever... but after the "serious" part of the career is over.

And I think UFC can afford and will pay him 30 mill. Dana wants this fight badly.

Last edited:
Well keep fueling the religious war angle between the two.

Nothing will put more eyes on it than making it cultural and divine level.

So much for oh IDC about money it's all about my legacy bs 30 mill gtfo w\ that bs khabib

so 30mil to beat Conor again. it's expensive to beat mcgregor up

McGregor got that money to show up and get beat up and tap... why can't the guy beating him get the same.

Lol he's trolling the UFC in case anyone didn't realize...

So much for oh IDC about money it's all about my legacy bs 30 mill gtfo w\ that bs khabib
Why does one has to exclude the other, they can go hand in hand IMHO.

Only fair that he doesn't get any less the Conor. I don't give a shit how many PPV Conor sells. It take 2 to tango and they NEED Khabib to make this rematch happen.

Lol
Conor gets 40 you get 20
Deal with it or fight Dustin for 2 million

30 million Dagestani shmeckels = 5 US Dollars

Kebab taking a pay-cut to fight Conor!

A lot of people talking about the potential Conor Khabib rematch.

I posted an interview with Khabib earlier where he speaks about the potential rematch and that he and UFC planned this before Conrad's "retirement". He also said that Conor has to earn a rematch by beating someone and implied that UFC can even handpick a beatable fighter for him. You can read more about that here:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ch-you-havent-won-a-fight-since-2016.3939885/

Some people on here (Conor trolls mostly) say that Khabib is ducking because of this. Others are speculating if we ever see a rematch.

One of the big deciding figures in Khabib's career is his father and trainer Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov. This is a couple month old interview with him where he discusses a potential Conor rematch:

First part of the interview he talk about his morning training routines and you can see a couple of sequences where he coaches his guys.

About Kevin Lee vs AI

Q: What did you think about Lee vs Iaquinta fight?
A: I said in interview before that AI is on another level when it comes to his heart, desire to win and physical abilities and endurance. That is very important, if you can't do more than 1,5 rounds of serious struggle then it will be hard, that's what you saw.

Q: But Kevin Lee is a good wrestler right?
A: He is not bad, but he doesn't have stamina and he has no heart, those 2 things. He is a decent fighter, but nothing more, top 15. But if he is in top-15 doesn't mean that he's the greatest and can talk trash to everyone.

I think Khabilov is stronger than Kevin Lee. Islam Makhachev as well, he could probably take on Ferguson at this point.

(A lot of interesting stuff in between)

Q: What do you think has Khabib achieved everything in MMA?
A: We have 1 last fight on UFC contract and then 4 month after that with Reebok. Then we must get a new contract or we are free to go, we have many other offers from different promotions.

Q: Ok so one last fight on the contract, but how many fights do you give Khabib to achieve everything.
A: I think 3-4 more fights will be enough. Only the almighty know how it all will turn out, but that's our plans.

Q: But you would like to do a fight before ramadan in 2019.
A: Of course we would like, but you know how it is will all the issues with disqualifications. You know me, if we don't get 100 days to prepare for a fight, I turn it down. I have to know that he is ready. I have to know that he first went through my training camp and then worked on his stand up with Javier Mendez. So I will be very strict with this. We fought 3 times las year, for this level of competition 3 fights I think is a lot.

Q: Are there fights, for instance with Ben Askren, that you wouldn't take because of rating reasons.
A: I think fights like Ben Askren, St.Pierre and even Roy Jones Jr who was trying to make a fight with Khabib. All of that can be done later (after he achieved everything) in Russia. It's not long time left until that, a year or two at most. Those fights can be done anywhere later, Philipines, Tokyo, Moscow, London. Khabib is not going to be doing "senior" competition, but for real sporting competition while defending the UFC belt, I think he has 3-4 fights left in him.

Q: Would you like Khabib to do a fight in UFC in Russia.
A: I would want UFC to give us the right to pick time, place and opponent in 1 fight. I will fight to make this happen when we are negotiating next contract. He has done a lot for UFC 11 fights and 11 victories.
(...)

About McGregor Rematch

You know some people say that AI fight was easy that he was a weak opponent only 11 in the ratings, but in McGregor fight we showed everybody, we destroyed him completely.
- We said that we would fight one round in the stand up - we did it.
- We said we would drop him - we did it.
- We said that we would make him give up - we did it.

What more are you asking for dear haters? (smile)

We did all we said we would. What do you say now?
You know they bother me in the comments during training camps (Abdulamanap has an Instagram account :D). Now I ask them where have you all
disappeared.

You want to fight us again - ok 30 million - we'll fight you, that's adressed to McGregor.
They offered us 15 million for a rematch, why? We want 30, guys, 30.

Q: So you got an offer for 15 million from UFC?
A: Straight away or in 6 month. Some of his skills have improved, we can see that. But we are also on another level know when it comes to striking. Who would have thought before that we would drop him. No one.

One more thing. There are guys who waited a long time and deserve to fight Khabib. We have to respect them as fighters... this also has to be taken into account.

That's Porier and Ferguson. I think Ferguson deserves it the most. He is number 1 contender if you only think about the sporting side of things.

About Conor, yes let's get the crowd going, make some good money... "hype it up" as they say. Get some more fans and subscribers. Let's do it... we can take on Diaz as well.

We are in a position to choose. Our task is to prepare, train and fight. UFCs task is to prepare a new contract with our interests taken into account.

Conclusion

There is 1 fight left on the contract with UFC and 4 month with Reebok.

After that there's a renegotiation process, so for McGregor fight Khabib wants a new contract with better money. Khabib will not accept being paid less the McGregor in a rematch.

Also in another interview I translated. Khabib had som other demands to UFC regarding his teammates Abubakar and Zubaira. UFC has to offer them fights on same card as Khabib or before Khabib fights.

FUCK YEAH CHAPS

NEOCRUSADE

LETS GO MCGREGOR

Back