Khabib Vs Tony is the Mayweather Vs Pacquiao of MMA

Floyd losing to Castillo is a far more credible opinion than Khabib losing to Tibau. Define talent then we'll go from there.
Floyd has 0 weaknesses when it comes to boxing. Khabib has a glaring weakness in his striking.

Floyd has 0 weaknesses when it comes to boxing. Khabib has a glaring weakness in his striking.

No shit sherlock, MMA requires more disciplines where as Floyd has had his whole life to master just 1. I think I'll end this here with you though, you're coming across as a Floyd stan, wouldn't surprise me if you count his financials, real estate, jewellery and so on like they're known to and how Conrat fans have started doing that too, peace.

No shit sherlock, MMA requires more disciplines where as Floyd has had his whole life to master just 1. I think I'll end this here with you though, you're coming across as a Floyd stan, wouldn't surprise me if you count his financials, real estate, jewellery and so on like they're known to and how Conrat fans have started doing that too, peace.
Lol i'm not a Floyd fan, I've always rooted against him. Boxers, even the world class ones, have weaknesses. Look at Joshua, he outright refused to engage Ruiz in the rematch which means close exchanges are on of the holes in his game. Floyd can outfight, infight, and has PERFECT defense. Khabib shuts his eyes during striking exchanges ffs. Demetrious Johnson would be a better comparison since he has a complete game with 0 weaknesses. Cejudo had to win a split decision without exploiting any real weakness, instead he just fought to the best of his ability. It's obvious you're a Khabib groupie considering how emotional you're getting.

Hell no, Mayweather is much much better in his respective sport. 0 weaknesses to exploit, no real gameplan to beat him in a boxing match. For Khabib, once someone stops his takedowns and turns it into a striking match he'll go down.
Okay, but the problem is I don't think there is anyone who can stop his takedowns. Khabib might be unbeatable.

Okay, but the problem is I don't think there is anyone who can stop his takedowns. Khabib might be unbeatable.
Tibau did, all 13 of them. He just wasn't convincing enough in the striking department to get the nod despite landing more and throwing less, he lost due to octagon control since the numbers weren't drastic enough in his favour. Khabib has never faced an NCAA wrestler, which is why Gaethje is an intriguing match up. Gaethje doesn't shoot, but I'm sure he knows how to defend TDs, otherwise he would've been weeded out years ago considering his brawling style.

Tibau did, all 13 of them. He just wasn't convincing enough in the striking department to get the nod despite landing more and throwing less, he lost due to octagon control since the numbers weren't drastic enough in his favour. Khabib has never faced an NCAA wrestler, which is why Gaethje is an intriguing match up. Gaethje doesn't shoot, but I'm sure he knows how to defend TDs, otherwise he would've been weeded out years ago considering his brawling style.
The Tibau fight was ages ago, do you really think that Tibau would be able to stuff Khabib's takedowns now? So because Gaethje has a wrestling background that means he would be able to beat Khabib? Please, when is the last time you saw Gaethje even use his wrestling? It's clear that Gaethje has fallen in love with hands, and that will be his downfall if he fights Khabib.

not really
Let's see, an undefeated fighter who dominates all his opponents vs a wild man who is known for his finishes and his fantastic chin? A fight that everyone wants but for some reason or another it never materializes (or in the case of Mayweather and Pacquiao it never materialized until they were both past their primes) yeah you're right, there is no similarities there at all.

Let's see, an undefeated fighter who dominates all his opponents vs a wild man who is known for his finishes and his fantastic chin? A fight that everyone wants but for some reason or another it never materializes (or in the case of Mayweather and Pacquiao it never materialized until they were both past their primes) yeah you're right, there is no similarities there at all.
Floyd and Manny never ever booked a fight in which one of them pulled out via injury. Both Manny and Floyd were world champions and top of the P4P rankings for years.

none of that applies to Tony and Khabib

Floyd and Manny never ever booked a fight in which one of them pulled out via injury. Both Manny and Floyd were world champions and top of the P4P rankings for years.

none of that applies to Tony and Khabib
Floyd and Many were in talks for a long time, but the fight never happened when they were both in their primes. Khabib is the champ and he defended his belt twice. Tony was the Interim champ and he is on a huge winning streak. And both fighters are in the P4P rankings. Again it's not exactly the same, but the similarities are there. It's close enough for me.

The Tibau fight was ages ago, do you really think that Tibau would be able to stuff Khabib's takedowns now? So because Gaethje has a wrestling background that means he would be able to beat Khabib? Please, when is the last time you saw Gaethje even use his wrestling? It's clear that Gaethje has fallen in love with hands, and that will be his downfall if he fights Khabib.
If Gaethje was easy to take down then all of his opponents would do it. It would be the smarter choice than brawling with him. The fact that no one can take him down and hold him down means something, otherwise it would've been exposed long before he made it to the UFC. That's often the first hole that is exposed in fighters. Maybe Tibau can stuff his shots, who's to say? Match ups are what are important.

Floyd and Many were in talks for a long time, but the fight never happened when they were both in their primes. Khabib is the champ and he defended his belt twice. Tony was the Interim champ and he is on a huge winning streak. And both fighters are in the P4P rankings. Again it's not exactly the same, but the similarities are there. It's close enough for me.
fair enough, I dont agree but I can kinda see what you are saying.

If Gaethje was easy to take down then all of his opponents would do it. It would be the smarter choice than brawling with him. The fact that no one can take him down and hold him down means something, otherwise it would've been exposed long before he made it to the UFC. That's often the first hole that is exposed in fighters. Maybe Tibau can stuff his shots, who's to say? Match ups are what are important.
All of his opponents aren't Khabib now are they? Trust me, Khabib will take Gaethje down and he will make it look easy.

All of his opponents aren't Khabib now are they? Trust me, Khabib will take Gaethje down and he will make it look easy.
Khabib has never faced a NCAA wrestler. The best grappler he fought was RDA. Maybe Khabib makes it look easy against other wrestlers, or maybe he gets exposed. Poirier, Barboza, McGregor, and Johnson aren't grapplers by trade and have always had to struggle against that particular style. Just because you like Khabib, it doesn't make him immune to losing.

Back