Khabib Vs Tony is the Mayweather Vs Pacquiao of MMA

Khabib vs Tony is actually happening in both fighters primes. So it's not really like Mayweather Pacquiao.

This is one of the reasons why MMA is 100x better than boxing. We actually get the fights we want (for the most part)

I mean in the sense that it's a fight that everyone wants, but for some reason or another it hasn't happened yet. And it's a fight between an undefeated fighter and the one guy who a lot of people think has a chance of beating that undefeated fighter.
Let's all hope that Khabib Vs Tony doesn't end up like Mayweather Vs Pacquiao, where they fight when they are both way past their primes and the fight ends up being boring as a result of them being past their primes.

It's the true #1 fight in LW history. Sherdog would crash after the fight, regardless who will win. It will be huge.

Expect this...Khabibi being the attacker.....
2254804a3cbdb38c8bf1769c6e02a994.gif

I would say that so far Nurmagomedov is not as dominant in MMA as Mayweather was in boxing. Nurmagomedov has not lost, and has retained his title twice, so he has shown that he is very good in his division, but he has not fought fighters of all different styles as Mayweather had, so he still has to prove more.

On the other hand, Pacquiao was a champion when fighting Mayweather, but Ferguson has just been an interim champion, so they are different.

But Ferguson, of course, is a fighter of a different style for Nurmagomedov, so it will be a good chance for both of them to prove themselves.

I expect Nurmagomedov to win this fight via UD. I think this fight will end in a boring way as Mayweather vs Pacquiao did.

I would say that so far Nurmagomedov is not as dominant in MMA as Mayweather was in boxing. Nurmagomedov has not lost, and has retained his title twice, so he has shown that he is very good in his division, but he has not fought fighters of all different styles as Mayweather had, so he still has to prove more.

On the other hand, Pacquiao was a champion when fighting Mayweather, but Ferguson has just been an interim champion, so they are different.

But Ferguson, of course, is a fighter of a different style for Nurmagomedov, so it will be a good chance for both of them to prove themselves.
I'm not saying it's exactly the same as Mayweather vs Pacquiao, I'm saying there is a lot of similarities.

I expect Nurmagomedov to win this fight via UD. I think this fight will end in a boring way as Mayweather vs Pacquiao did.
I disagree, Khabib and Tony are both finishers. I think it will end in a finish regardless of who wins.

{<jordan}

Which one is Ferguson?

The undefeated, most skilled fighter in the sport's history?

Or the 8 division world champion with Messiah status in his home country?

Tony is nowhere to manny dont ever compare him

I love how people think that these guys need to mirror each other in every way for this comparison to have any validity whatsoever.

Are there glaring differences? Of course.

But TS seems to really just be pointing out the comparatively high skill level of the participants relative to other big fights in each sport. It's hardly a perfect comparison but it's not terrible by any stretch.

Last edited:
Years into the future there will be fights referred to as the Khabib vs Tony of that time. Never ever has there been a more compelling matchup in MMA. Even Fedor vs Crocop.

Back