• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Khabib think Gaethje dont deserve TS.

Islam beat no ones and hasnt taken many chances compared to Justin

I liked Khabib more when he was active and laconic.
Also Justin beat the guy who annihilated Islam's biggest win in the first round.

Meh. I don't think Islam deserves it either with a win over Hooker. The Chandler win again hooker was different because he was established in Bellator and they needed someone to step in. I say do Islam vs Gaethje, winner gets the title.

Go to ESPNMMA page on instagram you will see a picture with Gaethje, under that post you will se Khabibs comment.

Thanks, I'm linking it here for others.

Context matters - Khabib is replying to Garthje talking about "traversity to the integrity of the sport" <45> that comment is about as diva as it gets and needed a response to shut up

Last edited:
Hey Khabib and DC! Come back when Islam fought at least 1 guy from the top 5 of the division before thinking about a title shot. I give him that win against Hooker(who stepped in very late) but come on...

Hey Khabib and DC! Come back when Islam fought at least 1 guy from the top 5 of the division before thinking about a title shot. I give him that win against Hooker(who stepped in very late) but come on...

How about Gaethje fight Islam?

Islam isn't the one shitting on the UFC in the event he doesn't get an immediate TS. If Justin is champ-worthy, he should be confident in his ability to get a two-fight win streak by facing Islam.

Khabib is 100% correct.

Islam and Daruish are more deserving for a TS than Gaethje.

If Islam gets the TS, then Gaethje should fight Daruish. If Daruish gets the TS, then Gaethje should fight Islam.

Gaethje would KO Khabib if they ever fought. Too bad he retired early.

Gaethje
“At the end of the day, he breathes oxygen. His brain needs to get oxygen. If I can short-circuit that oxygen supply for half a second, then he’ll go to sleep.”
“So my only goal when I step in there is to create as many car crashes as possible. Whether it be our bodies hitting, our heads hitting, our f**king shoulders hitting, my fist hitting his head, his fist hitting my head, it doesn’t matter – I need to create car crashes because it’s the only way to beat this guy.”

“I know I will see his blood. So, I want him to see his blood, and I want to see his reaction.” I don’t think he’s as crazy as me, and I’m not sure what it’ll be, but I’m pretty sure he’s gonna freak out a little bit.”

khabib.jpg

Islam isn't the one shitting on the UFC in the event he doesn't get an immediate TS. If Justin is champ-worthy, he should be confident in his ability to get a two-fight win streak by facing Islam.
I still think Gaethje have PTSD from the Khabib fight and he knows what will happen when he fights Islam. This is why he wants to fight for the titel before facing Islam.

This version of Islam will make it easier then Khabib.

Last 9 UFC fights;

-Gaethje; 6 wins 3 losses

-Dariush; 7 wins 1 loss 1 draw

-Islam; 9 wins 0 loss
Last 9 UFC fights:

- Gaethje: Exclusively well known top5 or top10 guys. Chandler, Khabib, Tony, Cerrone, Baroza, Vick, Dustin, Alvarez, Johnson

- Dariush: As single top name and I think 8 guys outside the top10. unknowns like Holtzman, Cmancho, Dunham...

- Islam: Same. A single top name, some borderline top tens and many unknowns. Guys like Chris Wade and Kajan Johnson...who?

PS: I know Islam has had a tough time getting top fights, I don't blame him for his record, just saying in terms of looking at records to determine title fights - his list of names isn't the best.

Last edited:

Fair enough! I'm up for that eliminator! By the way I wasn't criticising Islam just a bit annoyed by Khabib and DC on that topic :p

Pure bias. Justin definitely deserves it in rn over Islam.

Justin vs. Chandler was a great fight

But let's be honest

He couldn't even finish Chandler and had several opportunities

Justin a stud but not championship caliber

Olives, Porier, Islam, Dariush all beat Justin

Back