Khabib or Aldo - Who do you rank higher on the GOAT list?

Who do you rank higher on the GOAT list?

• Total voters
Aldo for sure, he defended his belt so many times, Khabib only has 3, Aldo is at number 5 for me and Khabib is 6 so imo he isn't too far behind Aldo

You said yourself he isn't as explosive as years ago. His style depends on fast twitch muscles. Plus he broke his foot and can't kick as much.

Yeah, but like I said, he lost the peak of his WEC explosiveness before most of his UFC title reign. He no longer fought that way by like 2012, but his improvement in skills and experience outweighed that. 2015 Aldo would beat the more explosive 2009 Aldo.

I think not spamming leg kicks like he used to is more a strategic decision, since the Munoz fight showed he can do it as effectively whenever he wants. The expectation was getting too predictable, and elite fighters like Max were countering him off the kicks really well (hence why Aldo stopped throwing them against him after a few effective ones).

Someone like Faber, OTOH, didn't have the ability to counter off the leg kicks as well, and so had to eat them.

I agree max is a bad matchup for aldo. Just because Aldo is losing doesn't mean he is out of his prime. But just because he is losing to top fighters doesn't mean he is in his prime

I agree, it's somewhat ambiguous, but some people are claiming he's out of his prime or notably worse with way too much certainty, without weighing the possibility that the competition is just better.

If one really breaks it down, they'd be hard pressed to point to much of anything articulate as to how Aldo has deteriorated, except the losses against new elite fighters.

Khabib slayed a dragon and that's it.. it's great for those who care but then again gsp or jones(a boring point fighter or a dirty cheat) slew a bunch of dragons..

I look at founding years of divisions. For the sake of the argument open weight would be '93. That's a long time to produce talent.

Faber said himself he wanted to be a BW, but there was no market for it. Outside of Japan it was LW and under probably pre-WEC. Fighting title fights vs Valencia and Crazy Horse. Conor vs Aldo is another level.

100% agree McGregor elevated 145 to a marquee division. I think it was already deep and elite before that but yeah, Conor brought way more eyes to it. I do think he did the same for 155 though, particularly the build up to the Khabib fight.

Re. founding years of divisions, I think you're crediting the UFC as the only game in town. They're certainly the most popular and elite (barring Pride HW division), but the WEC was putting on world class lighter weight fights since 2001 and if you watch Aldo, Faber, Brown and others' WEC fights from pre-2011, there shouldn't be any debate they were UFC contender/champ level fighters. I'd also say the same of WEC Bendo, Pettis, Cerrone, Varner at 155.

Reactions: MCS
WEC/UFC Fights
Aldo: 26
Khabib: 13

Total Title Fights (Record)
Aldo: 15 (11-4)
Khabib: 4 (4-0)

Title Defenses
Aldo: 9
Khabib: 3

Fight Activity
Aldo: 26 fights / 13 years
Khabib: 13 fights / 8 years

Top 10 Wins
Aldo: 12
Khabib: 6

Haters can take a seat at the back of the bus.

this thread is all the evidence you need on how fickle most of y’all are.

100% this poll would favour Khabib if he hadn’t made those comments about ring girls and Aldo’s performance.
You can’t actually believe that? People voting against Khabib because of ring girls??

This poll is a cute joke.

GSP and Jones fanboys are picking against Khabib out of spite, not because they actually believe Aldo is greater.

Make another poll with added options for GSP, Andy, Jones, and see where Aldo ranks compared to Khabib

And Aldo is still collecting ranked wins
and losses.
when mma evolved to the next level Aldo has proved that he isn't an elite at that level, he's not on Jan, McGregor, Max or Alexander's level let alone Khabib's
It's not who can collect the most B+ wins or title defenses on that level to me It's on what level have you proven yourself to be
and we know his level is a notch above Frankie and Mendes a notch below Max and McGregor

We have no idea because he retired.

The good thing about Aldo is that we don't need to speculate if he could defend his belt that many times. He actually did it and has 11 belts at home.
Those 11 belts proves that he's better than those 11 fighters, Max Holloway got 2 belts that say he's a better fighter than Aldo

100% agree McGregor elevated 145 to a marquee division. I think it was already deep and elite before that but yeah, Conor brought way more eyes to it. I do think he did the same for 155 though, particularly the build up to the Khabib fight.

Re. founding years of divisions, I think you're crediting the UFC as the only game in town. They're certainly the most popular and elite (barring Pride HW division), but the WEC was putting on world class lighter weight fights since 2001 and if you watch Aldo, Faber, Brown and others' WEC fights from pre-2011, there shouldn't be any debate they were UFC contender/champ level fighters. I'd also say the same of WEC Bendo, Pettis, Cerrone, Varner at 155.

Talent pool of any given org. As in UFC had more good LW fighters than WEC. So common sense says when they come over probably not gonna do that well. But, they did. Or, take Poirier. He was part of the early group of FW's. Common sense says again that he'd be beaten down by now as the div becomes better.

A general rule, but it doesn't always work that way. There are exceptions. WEC fighters UFC success is puzzling though. Smaller org. Come over to a already established division. Yet, win.

Aldo no question.
The fact he’s been in so many wars in the tail end of his career and still manages to be competitive with the top contenders in his new division speaks volumes to how good he was in his prime.

But really his accomplishments are just way more impressive than Khabibs.

Khabib was MUCH more dominant but he got out before we could witness his potential downfall. Aldo has a lot of losses, some really bad ones, but he also has more good wins and less padding on his record.

Its a tough one. They're both top 10 all time though.

KhaGreatestOfAllTime is literally the GOAT of MMA and its not close.

and losses.
when mma evolved to the next level Aldo has proved that he isn't an elite at that level, he's not on Jan, McGregor, Max or Alexander's level let alone Khabib's
It's not who can collect the most B+ wins or title defenses on that level to me It's on what level have you proven yourself to be
and we know his level is a notch above Frankie and Mendes a notch below Max and McGregor

Those guys were A level at the time and if at that time they Max or Volk fought Aldo they would have been raped.
Not to mention they have problems to make 145, let alone compete at the highest level at 135.

Your logic is just absolutely stupid and many soccer players would probably be more effective than prime Pele that doesnt make them greater than Pele, same goes for Sugar Ray Robinson or Joe Louis, your logic is just simpleton and stupid as fuck mate. Why your is you username pink colored btw?

It depends on the degree to which you value volume of accomplishment vs. peak performance/average dominance.

The former favors Aldo, the latter Khabib.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back