Media Khabib on WMMA, moving to 170 and more....

Yeah he never said what you said about not being able to compete with WW's, you actually changed the wording of his quote.

Best part:

Muslim girl in the audience: "What advice do you have for someone who wants to be a female fighter?"

Khabib: "Be fighter inside your home"

bork1}{<jordan}<{MingNope}>

Man, and here I thought I couldnt like Khabib even more.

Guy slapping feminists right back to the kitchen

Basically told the women to get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich.

I wonder if Khabib would be ok with wmma if their husbands gave them permission.

Such a man should be stripped of his wife
This is only acceptable if they stone the wife to death. To just take her away would be saying that a woman is more important than a man which is a much bigger offense that allowing a woman to fight in the first place.

Somebody should ask Khabib if he thinks Ostovich's husband did anything wrong lol.

This is only acceptable if they stone the wife to death. To just take her away would be saying that a woman is more important than a man which is a much bigger offense that allowing a woman to fight in the first place.
Another feminist showing off his ignorance.
the stoning thing goes both ways for men an women who commit adultery, women can dissolve the marriage for whatever reason.

The Turkish Government are a government, a political entity. The Turkish media are pro Turkish government. You really believe the information released by a government contolled media is unbiased?
See how far the termites have spread, and how well they have dined.
When everyone, various media, governments and the KSA are all saying yes Saudi men killed him, I would say that’s about as sure you can be of anything that you dont see first hand.
Motive, opportunity, evidence, confessions.
You can choose to live in a world where you think nothing is ever believable and everyone is or could be lying, but that becomes its own kind of ignorance as much as the people who are unaware that government/media do lie.

Hypernormalisation

When everyone, various media, governments and the KSA are all saying yes Saudi men killed him, I would say that’s about as sure you can be of anything that you dont see first hand.
Motive, opportunity, evidence, confessions.
You can choose to live in a world where you think nothing is ever believable and everyone is or could be lying, but that becomes its own kind of ignorance as much as the people who are unaware that government/media do lie.

Hypernormalisation

Most news outlets repeat information from the same original source, with viewing figures/clicks/political motivation as their motivation. Repetition of the same unsubstantiated sources may impress
you, but that's fine. In fact, most outlets literally copy and paste the story from one another, without ever fact checking, as the truth is more often than not a secondary thought in both politics and journalism.
I own a small media company and I also shoot for Getty Images so I say that from first hand experience.

That's at the polar opposite end of seeing something first hand, not 'pretty much the same'.

And seriously....'Saudi men'? That's some generic shit right there.

Gender roles isn't a human right issue. It's a cultural belief. We can't compare racial and sexist prejudice and acts of violence with gender roles in different cultures.

You and I are talking about two different topics here.

I never said people are flooding Dagestan to impose western values and cultures on Dagestan. You're exaggerating what I said. I said people from the US should not impose our western values and cultures on people from other cultures when WE (people from the US) don't live by others' cultures.

What? Khabib "assimilated himself into Western culture" by signing a UFC contract?

First, Khabib signed a contract to fight in the UFC, just like many other international athletes. He did not naturalize to become a US citizen. You must be confusing between the two.

Second, Khabib did not impose his cultural beliefs onto people in the US. He was answering a question by a Muslim in Saudi Arabia.

LOL, see, this is the problem with ethnocentric thinking.

First, just because he was speaking in English (the common international language) does not mean he has to change his cultural beliefs and adopt western ones.

Second, they're in Saudi Arabia. So if Western media are there means Khabib has to live by our Western beliefs?

Let's say if Russian media were to come to the US and interview an American fighter, should the American fighter live by Russian's cultural beliefs?

I'm not taking any sides here, but I just want to point out the double standards, which is that it's easy for us from the US to point fingers at people from other cultures and expect them to live by our way of thinking, without realizing that we are being egotistical and hypocritical, because when was the last time we live by someone else's cultural beliefs?

1. If one human being believes another to be "their property", that is not a "gender role issue". That is a human rights issue. I'm sure you agree. Again, I don't know for sure if Khabib feels this way about his wife or not. But there are warning signs at the least. If he doesn't, I completely agree with you. But if he does...different story.

2. I realize you didn't say that western people were flooding Dagestan to impose our beliefs about women to Khabib and other males there. That was (I had hoped) a bit of obvious hyperbole meant to illustrate a larger point.

3. I think you are missing my broader point. Khabib voluntarily signed with the UFC. While he was in Saudi Arabia for this interview, he still is fully aware of all the things that go with being a fighter (and now a famous one) in this U.S. based organization. Nobody is going to force him to adapt western values LOL, and I am pretty sure I never even hinted at anything like that. He is quite obviously free to be a UFC fighter and still stay true to his beliefs. BUT...if he verbalizes beliefs that many people view as him subjugating another group of people (in this case women), he also had better realize that he is going to be called out by westerners for saying that stuff.

And quite possibly, he just doesn't care. What I find odd is that people in the west (maybe like yourself, maybe not) seem to think that because it's "just part of his culture", that the criticism he receives for saying that stuff is unjustified. To me, that's what's ridiculous about what I'm reading here.

Back