Media Khabib on WMMA, moving to 170 and more....

Is that a sign language translator on the big screen?
<mma4>

Yeah he never said what you said about not being able to compete with WW's, you actually changed the wording of his quote.

Best part:

Muslim girl in the audience: "What advice do you have for someone who wants to be a female fighter?"

Khabib: "Be fighter inside your home"

bork1}{<jordan}<{MingNope}>

Last edited:
Yeah he never said what you said in the title.

Best part:

Muslim girl in the audience: "What advice do you have for someone who wants to be a female fighter?"

Khabib: "Be fighter inside your home"

bork1}{<jordan}<{MingNope}>
But he did: 13:30

But he did: 13:30
Your quote:

I can't compete with top WWs, because when I hydrate there's gonna be 6-7 kilos difference and that's a lot in a high-level competition

Actual quote:

If I want to compete with top WWs, because when I hydrate there's gonna be 6-7 kilos difference and this is big difference in top level fighters.

This is what Woodley said about being scared to fight Khabib:

http://www.punditarena.com/mma/ccun...y-explains-wants-no-part-khabib-nurmagomedov/

“I had never watched a whole Khabib-fight. I had watched highlights and some clips.

“When a man is telling you to give up and quit mid-fight, he’s on a whole other level. But when I watched this fight [Khabib/Barboza], I was at the FOX desk and I saw the type of terminator spirit he had dwelling in the inside, he’s a whole different individual. I’m like, ‘does he fight like this all the time?’ Can we please get him in the top-5 pound-for-pound, without a belt.

“I’m going to go on record and say that this dude should be in the top-5 [pound-for-pound], I haven’t seen many guys that dominant.”

After being shown a video of Nurmagomedov expressing an interest in fighting him at some point, Woodley – with his tongue firmly in his cheek – responded in pretty hilarious fashion.

“Try to get me the Diaz fight or the Georges St-Pierre fight, don’t throw me in there with a dude that’s fighting bears. Hey Dana, remember Nate asked for that 15 million, [I want] 16 million.”

Last edited:
What I find funny about Tyron and Khabib is that neither of them feel particularly confident about the match up against each other, but Khabib is coming at it from a place of realism and probability when it comes to the weight, while Tyron is coming at it from a place of Humor, hence his line about Khabib wrestling bears, and how he'd rather fight GSP.

I don't think neither of them are afraid, but they both don't want the fight for different reasons, Khabib's reasoning is more grounded however and makes sense. Tyron's kinda playing it off jokingly.

Very interesting.

What I find funny about Tyron and Khabib is that neither of them feel particularly confident about the match up against each other, but Khabib is coming at it from a place of realism and probability when it comes to the weight, while Tyron is coming at it from a place of Humor, hence his line about Khabib wrestling bears, and how he'd rather fight GSP.

I don't think neither of them are afraid, but they both don't want the fight for different reasons, Khabib's reasoning is more grounded however and makes sense. Tyron's kinda playing it off jokingly.

Very interesting.

Yea i saw Tyrons comment more humorous and as a hype man commentator.

He would be a nightmare matchup for Khabib.

He is stronger with good enough wrestling to keep the fight standing
Far superior striking technically
Far better KO power

Easy win for Tyron. His power/size combined with his skills would play a big part

Yea i saw Tyrons comment more humorous and as a hype man commentator.

He would be a nightmare matchup for Khabib.

He is stronger with good enough wrestling to keep the fight standing
Far superior striking technically
Far better KO power

Easy win for Tyron.

That's what I find interesting, even though he's joking about the match and acting like he doesn't want it, I doubt he'd have any problems taking the fight if it was offered. I just find it interesting that these two don't want to fight each other for different reasons, but would have no problem doing it if the offer came their way.

Last edited:
Back