Khabib nurmagomedov vs jose aldo

Kaveman13

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Who wins? Jose Aldo has arguably the best takedown defense of any fighter in the UFC. At the same time khabib is arguably the best takedown artist in the UFC.

Interesting variables to think about are while Jose Aldo has the best takedown defense, Khabib's smothering style is different while a higher caliber than anone elses.

But Jose Aldo gets to weigh in ten pounds heavier and with thatwould have a better gas tank so we could see a blend of new Aldo's technique with old Aldo's gas tank.

Was thinking if Connor somehow books another Nate fight or does a boxing match he could yet again delay the winner of Khabib and Ferguson.

If Aldo wins hes said hed chase Connor to 155, and Khabib wins an interim belt I could see that happening if Connor still hasnt returned.

Thoughts?

Also what would you think about Aldo/Ferguson

Last edited:
If Aldo beats Hollaback girl, he beats both of them.

And he will beat Max.

If he took down RDA with ease who is much bigger and stronger he can do the same to Aldo in my opinion.

What an amazing matchup, conceivably either can dominate and it would not be surprising.

I think that for all of aldo's skills, Khabib would be too much for him at 155. If he gets him down,hes gonna tire aldo out.

Very intriguing match up but I feel Khabib is a tad too big for Aldo, we've never seen Aldo really take on someone significantly bigger then him and Khabib certainly would be

After Khabib wrecks Callum, I'd like to see this superfight a lot!

I think it's a pick 'em fight

it would be the most interesting fight ever in the history of this fucking sport

Very intriguing match up but I feel Khabib is a tad too big for Aldo, we've never seen Aldo really take on someone significantly bigger then him and Khabib certainly would be

Yes we have actually.

If a non USADA RDA got ragged, and Aldo got taken down by Hominick, Im pretty certain Aldo would get rekt. Sure, Aldo is great against tiny wrestle boxers but Khabib is on a whole different level and his game is totally different. Look at how RDA smashed many a wrestle boxer but then got obliterated by Khabib. Khabib wins via anyway he wants.

If he took down RDA with ease who is much bigger and stronger he can do the same to Aldo in my opinion.

I think something to consider here is whie RDA may have the BJJ edge here, Aldo is a much better wrestler and overall striker. RDA is a very solid fighter but he also gets by on being very very strong for his weight class and utilizes aggression effectively.I dont think you can really say RDA is a bigger version of Aldo, I think overall Aldo is the more talented fighter.

And like i said not having to cut that ten extra is a world of difference for someone that cuts alot of weight.

Its interesting the deeper you dig into it because Aldo could wear Khabib out if he keeps it standing like Khabib could if he keeps it on the ground.

Aldo has unnaturally good fast twitch TDD, even against people shooting counter takedowns against his striking, and hes no slouch at reactive takedowns either, very underrated wrestler offensively, he should use it more honestly especially since he has high level BJJ to keep the worry of submissions at bay.

But again Khabib is more of a guy that gets his hands on you and grinds to the ground or hits suplexes rather than being an explosive wrestler.

I think Khabibs fight against Ferguson will be very telling of how this other fight could go.

Side note huge Aldo and Khabib fan, dream fight for me

If Aldo can keep it on the feet, he knocks Khabib out. I think Aldo has enough tools to keep it on the feet longer than Johnson did. On the ground, the fight gets very interesting.

Taking that Michael Johnson almost had Khabib rocked on the feet... I'd say Aldo and his Muay Thai would be too dangerous for him. Khabib is only a good grappler IMO. I think Aldo would win via decision or idk maybe he pulls a finish outta the bag? never count Aldo out. people sleep on that dude and I'm telling you... you shouldn't be doing that.

Back