Media Khabib Nurmagomedov "I have to beat Dustin, Tony Ferguson & GSP to be P4P Number 1

It's a completely made up belt.

He won the 'belt' by fighting someone who has literally never once participated in the lightweight division. It was a cool 'super fight' of sorts but it wasn't anything related to the lightweight division.
So we can all agree that Ferguson's """championship""" was "completely made up"?

So we can all agree that Ferguson's """championship""" was "completely made up"?

Ferguson fought Kevin Lee, a top 5 ranked lightweight, for the interim belt. It is of course common sense that two top ranked lightweights should be fighting for... the lightweight belt.

Poirer fought someone who literally never fought in the division in his UFC career. It is dishonest to call this the same thing.

There is nothing to hate on with this message. That's a lofty but reasonable goal. I support it and his ambition.

Khabib sounds like he took a Xanax or something lol

Only if we can also agree that Khabib's "championship" is "completely made up" also.

Khabib won an "undisputed" title in a fight where his opponent was not eligible for the title when the fight was signed. Just doesn't sound real legit.

No. First off GSP looks nice in writing but given GSP's age I don't think that achievement holds the water it once would have. Let's be real the guys who have beaten GSP aren't the greats, so what if you beat GSP, Matt Hughes and Serra did too? Johnny Hendricks ain't a legend for beating GSP either and don't think for a second the official result changes that. If he beats GSP, GSP is too old, if GSP beats him, GSP's fanclub will make it seem it's the greatest achievement of all time. There's really nothing to gain in that fight. He ain't getting credit either way.

Dustin likely has the belt cause he was a bad matchup for Max(he beat Max back in the day). Tony would be impressive af and it would put to death the "weak competition" argument. But let's be real going undefeated isn't what it was 10 years ago. There's not only Jones but Marty and Volk are undefeated and IMO are less likely to lose in their divisions than Khabib. While Khabib looking to win a few fights and call it a day(he's the one who said he wants to retire in 3 fights, which this, "in three fights I'm P4P number one" argument suggests he still wants to do), Marty and Volk can end up adding to that resume at a Jonesian level.

So no while I think 155 GOAT is within reach if he beats everyone, I don't think P4P number 1 is something he can realistically obtain unless all the other undefeated fighters(and there's quite a few now) lose. I don't see that happening.

Also if he's going to waste our time and fuck his division with a GSP superfight might as well just fight Marty. I hate superfights but rather that than a dude who's almost 40 who's fought once in like 8 years. That would also be a battle of the undefeateds which isn't a treat we get too often, a true SUPER fight.

Only if we can also agree that Khabib's "championship" is "completely made up" also.

Khabib won an "undisputed" title in a fight where his opponent was not eligible for the title when the fight was signed. Just doesn't sound real legit.
Not his fault Tony pulled out, a replacement had to be made. Al literally missed weight by like 0.2 pounds.

Even if you don't think the Al win is legit (which is bullshit but ok), Khabib beat the LINEAL champ, McGregor. So yeah, it definitely is a legitimate championship. Only trolls/the deluded say otherwise.

That would, without a doubt, make him the Undisputed LW GOAT. But P4P GOAT? Sorry bro, not even close to GSP's resume.

So if he wins against dustin, tony and gsp what would sherdog brag about?

Ducking dc and hw

That opponent beat the guy Ferguson fought for his happy meal belt twice. Doesn't matter which metric you use, Khabib's belt > Ferguson's when it comes to legitimacy.

Not his fault Tony pulled out, a replacement had to be made. Al literally missed weight by like 0.2 pounds.

Even if you don't think the Al win is legit (which is bullshit but ok), Khabib beat the LINEAL champ, McGregor. So yeah, it definitely is a legitimate championship. Only trolls/the deluded say otherwise.
They should have just rescheduled the title fight between the highest 2 ranked LW's once the Max fight fell thru also. I understand the UFC objective in trying to "save the ppv" once Tony got injured. But once Max got pulled also, continuing on as they did with only 1 eligible contender in a title fight was somewhat farcical.

Even if I fully credit Khabib for the Al and Conor fights, and I try. I still wind up here. Legit Champ on the Al win. I Can understand and justify the Conor fight. But that same night as Khabib/Conor I remember the co-main also. As we know Tony had rushed thru rehab to fight on the same card as Khabib. As a result of the brawl Khabib got suspended. Up until this point it makes sense in a UFC kind of way. We left that night with basically a suspended champion and an absolute no doubt #1 contender.

How does it even begin to make sense to force the rightful consensus #1 contender to fight again before Khabib's vacatio....suspension is even over? I personally wont feel like we have a Champion beyond dispute until Dustin/Khabib winner faces Tony.

I love Khabib and think he maybe the GOAT LW. If Jones and Cormier never lose again then I think they beat him on the GOAT list. I also think that if Cejudo wins another belt he will pass Khabib as well. 155> than any other division but 3 belts in weaker divisions >155 belt.

The GOAT LW yes, but I wouldn't compare him to GSP, Silva, Jones, DJ or even Cormier or Aldo. I believe to be called the GOAT you need to consistently fight and beat the best for a while and it's something just the few I have mentioned above, have been able to do. The trend is to win the belt, defend it once and claim you're the GOAT.
I think Khabib can already be considered the best LW ever, but his fight with Ferguson needs to be settle first. One could argue Ferguson has a better resume than Khabib right now. Assuming Khabib defends his belt against Poirier and Ferguson, without a doubt, he is the greatest UFC 155lbs fighter/champion.
When it comes to the P4P GOAT discussion, Khabib is going up against fighters with solid accomplishments.
I don't think a win over Poirier and Ferguson is enough to claim he's the best.
I'd love to see him move up to 170lbs, he is a massive 155er and he has big pay days waiting for him in that division.

I'm down Poirier, Tony, then give him GSP or the WW Champ at the time. I don't like Khabib, not a fan but it he did that it'd be hard to deny him.

Forget about GSP ffs..

Dude is gone, his time is gone.

It's a completely made up belt.

He won the 'belt' by fighting someone who has literally never once participated in the lightweight division. It was a cool 'super fight' of sorts but it wasn't anything related to the lightweight division.

Yeah, but that's part of the fight game. You fight for the belt, you win the belt, thus, you are a champ, and have to have your night in the octagon with the other champ in order to clean up the division. it is what it is.

Back