Khabib is telling the Russian Media a Different Story about Retirement

He is 39 and would still be his toughest opposition

Do you think conor. Dustin or Justin compare to even an old gsp? Please

I think GSP beats Conor Dustin and Justin. My point is, if he's going to sit out for a few years and then make a decision to comeback, GSP will be 40+ by then.

So again, is he planning on just fighting GSP at 40+ ? I don't think he should come back unless it's before the end of 2021

If Khabib wants to go down as the best ever, dude needs to defend his belt more than a handful of times.

Against who?

Every single long-reigning champion has fought some filler. Khabib earned the title and then finished the top three in the division. Only fighter left was Tony, if you want to see him get finished already coming off a CTE-laden loss. Khabib got the title, destroyed the top of the division and then peaced out.

GSP won the title, lost it a fat lightweight and then padded his record with dudes like Dan Hardy and Koscheck.

Anderson won the title and ended up fighting guys like Thales Leites and Patrick Cote.

I'm not saying GSP and Anderson weren't great, for the record. I'm just saying that long-reigning champions end up with padded records because they run out of guys to fight. Not a single soul would have complained if Anderson retired after molesting Dan Henderson.

Against who?

Every single long-reigning champion has fought some filler. Khabib earned the title and then finished the top three in the division. Only fighter left was Tony, if you want to see him get finished already coming off a CTE-laden loss. Khabib got the title, destroyed the top of the division and then peaced out.

GSP won the title, lost it a fat lightweight and then padded his record with dudes like Dan Hardy and Koscheck.

Anderson won the title and ended up fighting guys like Thales Leites and Patrick Cote.

I'm not saying GSP and Anderson weren't great, for the record. I'm just saying that long-reigning champions end up with padded records because they run out of guys to fight. Not a single soul would have complained if Anderson retired after molesting Dan Henderson.
Why not move up and silence Colby the way he silenced Mcgregor?

I think its a good fight which khabib should be a favorite for, but Colby's style should match up well and offer a greater challenge than any lightweight.

Why not move up and silence Colby the way he silenced Mcgregor?

I think its a good fight which khabib should be a favorite for, but Colby's style should match up well and offer a greater challenge than any lightweight.

Khabib isn't a welterweight. The fetish for moving up in weight is weird to me.

So hes a terrorist sympathiser, aswell as a liar. Poor Abdulmanap, his sons fuckin up

Before the UFC he's fought and dominated the welterweight division for sambo and no gi grappling. He's definitely large enough. If he care's so much about his legacy, the welterweight belt would cement him as goat and he gets to shut up Colby the same way he shut up mcgregor.

Besides, if he ever fights GSP, its gonna have to be at 170 anyway because GSP will not move down.

Because of recognition and a willingness to challenge yourself even further to silence the "what if" critics!
At least Conor and Cormier did it and got bonus points.

I think GSP beats Conor Dustin and Justin. My point is, if he's going to sit out for a few years and then make a decision to comeback, GSP will be 40+ by then.

So again, is he planning on just fighting GSP at 40+ ? I don't think he should come back unless it's before the end of 2021
At 155? GSP has never fought at 155 before, and cutting to a weight he isn't familiar with at 39 would seriously affect his chances with guys like Conor dustin and Justin who are in their primes and familiar with the weight.

Honorable man who slapped a guy surrounded by 10 of his goons goes back on his word? Water is wet
Yep not an isolated incident too, did something similar with Tony iirc, laughed and videoed homeless people doing push ups for spare change, mocked Fedor for not being into some kiddie headgear-less mma promotion funded by terrorists, threatened to murder Kavanagh for joking about Islam. I could go on and on.

Against who?

If LW is the best division, then there are a ton of people to defend against. Compared to those above him, Khabib is lacking in the GOAT talk.

"Not everyone can retire at their peak, but I know in a year or 2 years from now I will make a decision about coming back."
"What else is there left to do? Make money? I will always be able to make money"

3 Days before Retirement he said this in regards to Conor vs Poirier

"Both of these fighters, I finish both of them. I am not interested in Conor rematch, I want new blood, new motivation. I want legacy fight, I want new someone."
"GSP fight make me excited, motivates me"

I think the "retirement" was a spur of the moment decision with emotions. He always planned to come back and have another legacy fight.

TS Should be banned for misquoting and spreading false information.

Khabib is saying that if he didn't retire now, he would have to make the retirement decision in a year, or two.. or perhaps five years time he would have to come to the decision again. He is NOT saying that he plans on coming back.

I think he just wants to chill for sometime before he thinks about fighting again.
He kind of likes attention like every fighter does but he doesn’t always know the angle in which to garner said attention

is Sherdog mods going to let this thread stick here with disinformation posted by TS? This should be wasteland.

2 years then come back? F that. GSP should say 8 months from now or never. Trying to run out the clock on GSP.

If he comes back it means all that honour man of my word bullshit was fake
Not really, we grow and change with time. We're not who we are yesterday. And if he's honoring his word to his mother, all he would have to do is get her blessing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back