Khabib is telling the Russian Media a Different Story about Retirement

He is temporarily retiring to get juiced up without being tested. He'll come back to the testing pool 18 months later stronger and healed up.

Before the UFC he's fought and dominated the welterweight division for sambo and no gi grappling. He's definitely large enough. If he care's so much about his legacy, the welterweight belt would cement him as goat and he gets to shut up Colby the same way he shut up mcgregor.

Besides, if he ever fights GSP, its gonna have to be at 170 anyway because GSP will not move down.

Yes but those guys he beat at welterweight were fucking garage unknown fighters without wiki pages.....he was beating guys literally every month in under a round. Yes he is a big LW and could compete at welterweight but theres a reason he moved to lightweight before his UFC debut and competed there despite having horrible weight cuts. His game obviously would be impacted fighting at welterweight.

I think he just wants to chill for sometime before he thinks about fighting again.
Maybe he wants to retreat to the mountains for a year and have everyone stop following him around? Or, maybe not.

Yes but those guys he beat at welterweight were fucking garage unknown fighters without wiki pages.....he was beating guys literally every month in under a round. Yes he is a big LW and could compete at welterweight but theres a reason he moved to lightweight before his UFC debut and competed there despite having horrible weight cuts. His game obviously would be impacted fighting at welterweight.
I think I agree with what you are getting at, despite being large enough for WW, there is a significant chance of any of the top WWs ending his perfect record.

Still give some respect to Khabib's WW opponents though. Even though they wouldn't have made it to the UFC, they were competing in the world championships of No gi grappling and Sambo which is still a very elite level.

He is temporarily retiring to get juiced up without being tested. He'll come back to the testing pool 18 months later stronger and healed up.

Tell me the last time Khabib got busted for juicing. I'll wait. He's no Jon Jones, that's for sure.

????

You cant seriously be implying GSP doesnt want that fight.....right?
He's nearly 40 and has all the money he needs. Why would he want to fight this monster especially if it involves a weight cut to 155.

Khabib said he would have had to make the decision to retire in 2 or 5 years anyway. But he decided to do it now.

The sentences and tenses are constructed differently in his native language (Avar?) vs Russian. And the meaning got lost in the English captions.

if you see the fights of the guys from AKA, you know they are on juice. They are on EPO. Their cardio is a lot higher than everyone else. Go watch Cain, DC and Khabib. Either they are freaks of nature or something is going on there.

He's nearly 40 and has all the money he needs. Why would he want to fight this monster especially if it involves a weight cut to 155.
Because GSP has said numerous times he is looking for legacy/big money fights.

"All the money he needs"

News flash. No one has enough money. Floyd Mayweather still fights. Conor still fights. Lebron still plays basketball.

It could/would be a catch weight at 165.

GSP and Khabib both publicly asked for the fight but Dana shot it down

Who cres now....fight or STFU...

2524e853f7aff90712b4bb5902c8df4c.gif

Because GSP has said numerous times he is looking for legacy/big money fights.
he said that in the past. He retired because he couldn't get a Khabib fight at that time. But since then he's said he won't fight past 40.

I think he means the money fight...

Legacy fight is fighting Usman or Colby...

Usman is a legacy fight, but wtf does bib gain by fighting a dude who just got TKO'd in his only title fight?

Is it easier to pass drug tests if Khabib is in Russia?

Russia was involved in a doping scandal with the Olympics not too long ago.

Back