Khabib is not Eddie Alvarez

Khabib's UFC resume is superior to Eddie's. 10-0 versus 4-3. Khabib has never even lost a round.

It's crazy when you compare a resume and take a moment to include level of competition. Eddie has fought significantly better competition than Khabib and actually has a few signature wins - something Khabib cannot point to. Eddie has faced 3 UFC fighters that have held a championship belt, vs zero for Khabib. RDA had not yet been champion when he faced Khabib.

Screen_Shot_2018-10-06_at_6.09.51_PM.png

Much of the speculation will end tonight. Khabib has NOT fought the top fighters in the game. Conor is a great fighter. And if Khabib rolls over him Congrats.

It is an entirely different match-up.

Khabibs wrestling and ground game is far superior to Eddies, but Eddie is miles above him in striking.

The fight itself isn't difficult to break down.

If it stays standing, Conor eats him alive. If it hits the ground, Khabib mauls him.

The whole thing boils down to who can control the distance.

Do we have any idea how Khabib's bottom game is? That's a whole different world. A lot of elite ground and pound wrestlers are crap when they're on the bottom.

results in real fight situations are not meaningless
Breaking: according to @CPH and @flowoftruth Conor McGregor is a better boxer than Manny Pacquiao. High praise from these two. Im a Conor fan and even I don’t think this is true.
Conor McGregor landed 30 more punches than Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather - in two fewer rounds

It's crazy when you compare a resume and take a moment to include level of competition. Eddie has fought significantly better competition than Khabib and actually has a few signature wins - something Khabib cannot point to. Eddie has faced 3 UFC fighters that have held a championship belt, vs zero for Khabib. RDA had not yet been champion when he faced Khabib.

Here, let me add in a few more of Eddie's amazing opponents to make sure we're comparing 10 fights to 10 fights:

Screen_Shot_2018-10-06_at_6.23.30_PM.png

Do we have any idea how Khabib's bottom game is? That's a whole different world. A lot of elite ground and pound wrestlers are crap when they're on the bottom.

Yes. Check out the Abel Trujillo fight. Trujillo was able to get to get Khabib down into guard, and Khabib was immediately attacking him off of his back, with one sub after another.

He's actually really good off of his back as well, we just rarely ever see it.

Well, Khabib's never lost to guys who've never won a championship either... But Eddie has! So there's that.

The fact that RDA hadn't won a title yet when he lost to Khabib is of no importance. He was on a six fight win streak before his loss to Khabib and went on to win five straight more after before jobbing to Alvarez. Khabib clearly beat a very good and very elite version of RDA.

RDA was on top of his game when he fought Khabib. His body couldn't handle the weight cuts anymore by the time Eddie got to him.

RDA was on top of his game when he fought Khabib. His body couldn't handle the weight cuts anymore by the time Eddie got to him.

The premise of the thread is to undermine Eddie as a fighter and, as a result, undermine Conor by association. Rather than bring Khabib down to the level of the Eddie being described by the OP, I'm brining Eddie up to Khabib's very high level. Khabib's grappling may be better than Eddie's, but he's also more 1-dimensional than Eddie which is why I think the Eddie that faced Conor or RDA beats any version of Khabib. Khabib would not be able to keep up with Eddie's pace and he wouldn't be able to hold him down either. Khabib may one day be a better fighter than the best version of Eddie, but he's not today.

Good luck holding Khabib down.

Conor has a better chance getting Khabib pregnant then stopping him from getting up.

The premise of the thread is to undermine Eddie as a fighter and, as a result, undermine Conor by association. Rather than bring Khabib down to the level of the Eddie being described by the OP, I'm brining Eddie up to Khabib's very high level. Khabib's grappling may be better than Eddie's, but he's also more 1-dimensional than Eddie which is why I think the Eddie that faced Conor or RDA beats any version of Khabib. Khabib would not be able to keep up with Eddie's pace and he wouldn't be able to hold him down either. Khabib may one day be a better fighter than the best version of Eddie, but he's not today.

That's a fair take. I don't agree with how that fight would play out but I see where you're coming from and why you'd pick Eddie over Khabib. A lot of people wrote him off unfairly after the Conor fight instead of just giving Conor his due.

Its world class he has a nasty guard both jon fitch and thompson have said it he has nasty traingle choke and his hips are very loose he has many submissions in early fights, watch Khabib vs Abel Trujillo, even though khabib set record 21 takedowns the very first exchange abel took him down and khabib was in guard for a minute and slapped Triangle choke on him and got saved by the bell

A lot of people wrote him off unfairly after the Conor fight instead of just giving Conor his due.

Exactly. Khabib is amazing, Conor is amazing, Eddie is amazing and we’ve got a number of other talented LWs in a deep group.

If you’re a Khabib fan, it’s wise to no devalue Conor too much preflight because you’re already acknowledging that Conor wouldn’t be an impressive win. I’m a Conor fan and recognize how good Khabib is. I just think Conor’s better.

Conor was the #6 WW?

<TrumpWrong1>

"Khabib is not Eddie Alvarez"

Real fans know this.

#WARkhabib

Check fightmatrix and get back to me
I don't care what it says. 2 unranked WWs fighting and going 1-1 against each other doesn't make one of them #6 . You have down syndrome if you believe that.

I don't care what it says. 2 unranked WWs fighting and going 1-1 against each other doesn't make one of them #6 . You have down syndrome if you believe that.

It’s semantics. Conor, by way of being FW champion would more or less automatically be a top 10 LW so it was still a very big challenge for Eddie to face Conor. Much much bigger than any challenge Khabib has faced to date.

It’s semantics. Conor, by way of being FW champion would more or less automatically be a top 10 LW so it was still a very big challenge for Eddie to face Conor. Much much bigger than any challenge Khabib has faced to date.

#1 FW, sure

#6 WW is downright laughable

Back